Allett Buckingham 20H Petrol Cylinder Mower
- Availability: Special Order Item
- Estimated Dispatch: Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for dispatch estimate
- Manufacturer: Allett
- Delivery Charge: Free To UK Mainland
The Buckingham 20H features a six-blade cutting cylinder, variable micro-cutting height adjustment, front and rear rollers to produce a striped finish, and a cutting width of 51cm, making it a machine ideal for lawns of up to 350 square metres.
- Allett Cylinder Mower Autosteer Seat | AST20Allett's Autosteer Trailing Seat, available for all models in the Buckingham range, allows the operator to sit whilst mowing and features an in-built steering system, making it easier and more comfortable to mow for longer.
- £14.99Briggs & Stratton Oil Removal Pump | 992423The Briggs & Stratton Oil Removal Pump is used for the simple and safe removal of oil from all types of engines. This kit comes with a vacuum pump, 4 litre container with lids, hose with shut off clip and funnel.
- £6.99Lawnmaster Lawnmowers Direct 10W40 Oil – 1 LitreLawnmowers Direct 10W/40 is designed for use in all horticultural 4 stroke engines, both diesel and petrol where an oil of this quality is required.
- £6.99Honda Fuel Stabiliser 250ml 08CXZFSC250Honda fuel stabiliser specifically designed for Honda engines will help preserve all fuel properties during long term storage. This product is recommended for all engines running occasionally or for long term storage.
- £10.95Multi-Sharp Cylinder Mower Sharpener – 46 – 51cm BladeThis kit will re-sharpen your cylinder mower blades resulting in a clean smooth cut to the lawn. It is easily cut down to the size required, full instructions are provided.
Allett are a company with almost fifty years of experience of creating hard-working, high quality cylinder mowers, precision engineered to leave the pristine striped finish seen on formal lawns, parks, gardens and even cemeteries across the United Kingdom and Europe. In the Buckingham range, including the 20H, 24H and 30H, Allett have created a robust, general-purpose cylinder mower ideal for the serious home gardener and the semi-professional user alike.
The Buckingham 20H features a six-blade cutting cylinder, producing a scissor-like action wherein individual blades of grass are caught between the moving blades of the cylinder and a single stationary blade at a rate of approximately 73 cuts per minute. This mechanism produces a cleaner cut, resulting in a finer surface and promoting healthy lawn growth. The 20H also features variable micro-cutting height adjustment, ranging from 5mm-35mm. The iconic striped finish commonly associated with cylinder mowers is produced by the 20H’s zinc plated steel front roller and double sectioned steel rear roller, which together work to ensure smooth operation, drive the machine forward, and to create a well defined stripe and even finish.
Both the cutting cylinder and the self-propulsion system on the Buckingham 20H are powered by a 196cc Honda four-stroke single cylinder petrol engine, with traditional recoil start system and a generous 3.1 litre fuel tank. The 20H has a cutting width of 51cm, which in combination with the drive system makes it a machine ideal for lawns of up to 350 square metres. This, however, can be further enhanced by the addition of the optional Autosteer trailing seat, which allows the operator to sit whilst mowing. The Autosteer trailing seat’s in-built steering system ensures that the seat always follows the line of the mower when navigating around borders and obstructions on a lawn, and is available for all models in Allett’s Buckingham range.
• Six-blade cutting cylinder, offering a clean cut and pristine finish
• Zinc plated steel front roller with bearings to ensure smooth operation, and a double sectioned steel rear roller with rolled edges, bonded rubber covering for grip, and pawl and ratchet differential for smooth power transmission
• 51cm/20 inch cutting width, suitable for larger lawns (up to 350 square metres)
• Powered by a 196cc Honda unleaded petrol engine with recoil start and a 3.1 litre fuel tank, operated via a single bale bar (including safety release mechanism), throttle lever and handbrake
• Fully variable cutting height for extra precision (5mm-35mm)
• Large 84 litre impact-resistant polypropylene grass collector, adjustable grass rake located behind front roller, and height-adaptable handlebars for convenience
• British manufactured, the Buckingham 20H is covered by Allett’s two year warranty on parts and labour
|Engine/motor:||Honda 196cc OHV|
|Power source:||Unleaded petrol|
|Cutting system:||6-blade cylinder|
|Cutting height:||5mm - 35mm|
About AllettAllett is a wholly British-owned company (as British as queuing for a cup of tea or eating fish and chips while standing on a rainy beach) with a longstanding tradition in the design and manufacture of precision, single-cylinder, walk-behind mowers. Founded by Reg Allett almost half a century ago, Allett has since become a byword for a finely mown lawn across the UK, Ireland and continental Europe, and the distinctive black, silver and gold livery of Allett machines is recognised throughout the world. In fact, if you have ever stopped to admire the crisp, luxurious, striped finish on the ornamental lawn of an old country estate there is a good chance that one of Allett’s high quality cylinder lawnmowers was used to achieve it.
Allett’s cylinder mowers cut using a series of sharp rotating blades rather than a basic rotary blade. The cutting cylinder traps blades of grass between its spinning blades and cuts with a clean, scissor-like action, producing a crisp cut which heals more quickly for a healthier lawn. Thus, as well as the iconic stripe effect, cylinder mowers also ensure the most pristine finish possible, making them perfect for maintaining golf and bowling greens, sports stadiums, cricket wickets and outfields as well as public and private parks and gardens.
This has led to Allett machines being adopted by professional groundskeepers in all walks of life, including at many leading rugby and football clubs, country cricket clubs and the All England Club, Wimbledon. In addition to this, Allett has also been bestowed with the honour of being chosen by the Commonwealth War Graves Commission to supply mowers for the upkeep of its immaculate cemeteries around the world.
More recently, Allett acquired the design and manufacturing rights for the former Atco and Suffolk Punch branded petrol and electric pedestrian cylinder mowers. These now form the basis for Allett’s Classic and Expert mowers, providing an even more extensive range of both domestic and semi-professional machines from which to choose. Thus, whatever your particular requirements, if you need to achieve a truly flawless striped finish on your lawn there is almost certainly an Allett machine ideal for you.
So why buy from Lawnmowers Direct?
Well firstly, we're pretty good at what we do. In fact, we'd class ourselves as experts. With more than 40 years experience supplying lawnmowers to both home users and professionals, we know what we're talking about. We pride ourselves on our high levels of customer service and we're happy to provide help and support throughout the process, from your initial decision making to after sales, servicing, repairs and spare parts. The service we're offering is a complete one, and unlike some other companies, we are specialists.
We know that not all our customers are looking for the same products, and that they come to us with different knowledge levels. We've built a Free Advice section to help you if you're not sure where to start looking, or you can use our search facility if you've more of an idea what you're looking for. If there's anything you can't find or you just need a little bit more help, feel free to Contact Us.
We hold an extensive stock between our two showrooms, and this means we can offer competitive pricing on everything we sell. If you've found the same product in stock for less on another website, we will try our best to match the offer.
All petrol machinery is checked before dispatch by our team of trained mechanics. While this means we can't always offer same day dispatch, it does mean you'll be getting a bit of kit which will definitely work. We know sometimes things go wrong, but we do our best to make sure they don't, and if you have any problems just get in touch with our customer service team who will be able to help fix it.
If you're not convinced, have a little look at our reviews.