Allett Classic 17L Petrol Cylinder Mower
- Availability: In Stock
- Estimated Dispatch: 2 - 3 working days
- Manufacturer: Allett
- Delivery Charge: Free To UK Mainland
The Classic 17L is a petrol cylinder mower features a five-blade cutting cylinder, adjustable cutting heights (6mm-32mm), a front polyethylene roller and a single-section steel rear roller to produce an iconic striped finish
- £14.99Briggs & Stratton Oil Removal Pump | 992423The Briggs & Stratton Oil Removal Pump is used for the simple and safe removal of oil from all types of engines. This kit comes with a vacuum pump, 4 litre container with lids, hose with shut off clip and funnel.
- £4.25Lawnmaster Lawnmowers Direct SAE 30 Oil – 600mlFor use in diesel and petrol engines in horticultural equipment where an oil to API SF/CC quality is required.
- £6.99Briggs & Stratton 992381 Fuel Fit Additive 250ml250ml genuine fuel additive for 2 and 4 stroke engines.
- Allett 17-inch QC Lawn Scarifier CassetteAvailable for machines in the Kensington and Classic ranges, Scarifying Cassettes can be quickly slotted in place of the original five- or six-blade cutting unit to convert your mower into a powered rake for the removal of moss and litter from your lawn.
Since 1965, Allett have been refining the art of creating high quality, single-cylinder, walk-behind mowers. You can experience this heritage for yourself in the perfect striped finish left on a lawn mown with the 17L petrol cylinder lawnmower from Allett’s Classic Range. The Classic 17L takes Allett’s expertise, evident in the immaculate striped lawns of public parks and country estates across the United Kingdom, Ireland and continental Europe, and places it in a compact and easy-to-use machine suitable for creating an immaculate finish on lawns of up to 250 square metres.
The Classic 17L is fitted with a five-blade “Quick Cartridge” cutting cylinder, producing sixty-six cuts per metre. The scissor-like cutting action produced by the cylinder system provides a cleaner cut than mowers which use a rotary blade system, which in turn improves the finish achieved and helps to protect your lawn from disease and fungal infection, as well as promoting thicker growth. The mower also features adjustable cutting heights, ranging from 6mm-32mm, controlled via the “dial-a-height” hand-dial conveniently located on the side of the cutting unit. As with all mowers in Allett’s Classic range, the 17L can also be fitted with a scarifier cartridge (available separately) in place of the original five-blade unit, which means that the mower can also be used to remove thatch and matted vegetable matter from your lawn during the spring and autumn months.
The 17L has a cutting width of 43.2cm, and the front polyethylene roller and single-section steel rear roller work together to produce the iconic striped finish associated with fine cylinder mowers, as well as to protect your lawn and to provide extra stability. The Classic 17L also features an 87cc Loncin four-stroke air-cooled petrol engine with a traditional recoil start system, which powers both the self-propelled drive system and the cutting unit, offering excellent performance while producing minimal noise and emissions.
• Five-blade “Quick Cartridge” cutting cylinder
• Front (polyethylene) and rear (single-section steel with rolled edges) rollers, offering stability and assuring a high quality striped finish
• 43cm/17 inch cutting width for precision and manoeuvrability
• Cutting cylinder and rear roller powered by an 87cc Loncin four-stroke petrol engine, operated via dual bale bar for separate cylinder and rear roller control (including safety release mechanism)
• Variable cutting height (6-32mm) controlled via “dial-a-height” hand-dial on side of cutting deck
• Generous 32-litre polypropylene grass collector and adjustable folding handlebars with three height settings for your convenience
|Engine/motor:||87cc Loncin 4-stroke|
|Power source:||Unleaded petrol|
|Cutting system:||5-blade cylinder cassette|
|Cutting height:||6mm - 32mm|
|Collection bag:||32-litre polypropylene|
40 – 44.9cm
• Five-blade “Quick Cartridge” cutting cylinder• Front (polyethylene) and rear (single-section steel with rolled edges) rollers, offering stability and assuring a high
About AllettAllett is a wholly British-owned company (as British as queuing for a cup of tea or eating fish and chips while standing on a rainy beach) with a longstanding tradition in the design and manufacture of precision, single-cylinder, walk-behind mowers. Founded by Reg Allett almost half a century ago, Allett has since become a byword for a finely mown lawn across the UK, Ireland and continental Europe, and the distinctive black, silver and gold livery of Allett machines is recognised throughout the world. In fact, if you have ever stopped to admire the crisp, luxurious, striped finish on the ornamental lawn of an old country estate there is a good chance that one of Allett’s high quality cylinder lawnmowers was used to achieve it.
Allett’s cylinder mowers cut using a series of sharp rotating blades rather than a basic rotary blade. The cutting cylinder traps blades of grass between its spinning blades and cuts with a clean, scissor-like action, producing a crisp cut which heals more quickly for a healthier lawn. Thus, as well as the iconic stripe effect, cylinder mowers also ensure the most pristine finish possible, making them perfect for maintaining golf and bowling greens, sports stadiums, cricket wickets and outfields as well as public and private parks and gardens.
This has led to Allett machines being adopted by professional groundskeepers in all walks of life, including at many leading rugby and football clubs, country cricket clubs and the All England Club, Wimbledon. In addition to this, Allett has also been bestowed with the honour of being chosen by the Commonwealth War Graves Commission to supply mowers for the upkeep of its immaculate cemeteries around the world.
More recently, Allett acquired the design and manufacturing rights for the former Atco and Suffolk Punch branded petrol and electric pedestrian cylinder mowers. These now form the basis for Allett’s Classic and Expert mowers, providing an even more extensive range of both domestic and semi-professional machines from which to choose. Thus, whatever your particular requirements, if you need to achieve a truly flawless striped finish on your lawn there is almost certainly an Allett machine ideal for you.
So why buy from Lawnmowers Direct?
Well firstly, we're pretty good at what we do. In fact, we'd class ourselves as experts. With more than 40 years experience supplying lawnmowers to both home users and professionals, we know what we're talking about. We pride ourselves on our high levels of customer service and we're happy to provide help and support throughout the process, from your initial decision making to after sales, servicing, repairs and spare parts. The service we're offering is a complete one, and unlike some other companies, we are specialists.
We know that not all our customers are looking for the same products, and that they come to us with different knowledge levels. We've built a Free Advice section to help you if you're not sure where to start looking, or you can use our search facility if you've more of an idea what you're looking for. If there's anything you can't find or you just need a little bit more help, feel free to Contact Us.
We hold an extensive stock between our two showrooms, and this means we can offer competitive pricing on everything we sell. If you've found the same product in stock for less on another website, we will try our best to match the offer.
All petrol machinery is checked before dispatch by our team of trained mechanics. While this means we can't always offer same day dispatch, it does mean you'll be getting a bit of kit which will definitely work. We know sometimes things go wrong, but we do our best to make sure they don't, and if you have any problems just get in touch with our customer service team who will be able to help fix it.
If you're not convinced, have a little look at our reviews.