Allett Kensington 14K Cylinder Lawnmower
- Availability: Available
- Estimated Dispatch: 4 - 6 working days
- Manufacturer: Allett
- Delivery Charge: Free To UK Mainland
The Kensington 14K cylinder mower is precision engineered for keen home gardeners seeking to achieve a professional finish on medium to large lawns.
- £14.99-£15.99 Select optionsLawnmower Starter KitPurchase a lawnmower starter kit with your new petrol lawnmower for some useful extras to help your lawnmower perform better for longer. Available in two varieties (one for Honda engines, and one for Briggs and Stratton engines).
- Allett 14-inch QC Aerator CassetteThis aerator cassette slits the soil to allow air and water to the roots of your lawn. It will also prune the roots, causing vigorous growth and activity. Fits the Kensington 14K.
- Allett 14-inch QC Verticut CassetteThe thin and closely spaced tines of the Verticut Cassette help remove unwanted lateral growth and moss. Encourage your grass to tiller and create a dense, more regimented sward.
- Allett 14-inch QC De-thatcher CassetteEasily remove dense thatch using this dethatcher cassette. The thick, wider spaced tines penetrate the soil to a depth of 6mm.
- Allett 14-inch QC Grooming Lawn Brush CassetteClear general surface debris, renovate seed material or work in a top dressing using this highly versatile lawn brush cassette.
- Allett 14-inch QC Lawn Scarifier CassetteAvailable for machines in the Kensington and Classic ranges, Scarifying Cassettes can be quickly slotted in place of the original five- or six-blade cutting unit to convert your mower into a powered rake for the removal of moss and litter from your lawn.
- Allett 14-inch QC 10-Blade Cylinder CassetteUpgrade any Allett Kensington petrol cylinder mower with a Ten-blade Cutting Unit. Simply slot into place for an even more precise finish.
With almost fifty years of experience in the design and manufacture of walk-behind cylinder lawnmowers and a reputation for quality with which few can compete, Allett’s range of Kensington petrol mowers, including the 14K, 17K and 20K, are precision engineered to meet the needs of keen home gardeners seeking to achieve a professional-quality finish on medium to large lawns.
The Kensington 14K, with a cutting width of 35cm, is ideally suited for the maintenance of lawns up to 150 square metres in size. It employs a six-blade “Quick Cartridge” cutting cylinder to produce a scissor-like action which cuts grass cleanly and efficiently at a rate of approximately 79 cuts per metre. The cutting height can be set with precision to between 6mm and 32mm via a stepless micro-adjust knob, and the robust front and rear rollers combine to produce an even finish and an attractive stripe effect. The 14K’s cutting cylinder and self-drive system are powered by a 98cc Kawasaki four-stroke petrol engine with a 1.6 litre fuel tank, and operated via a throttle lever and a twin-split bale bar for separate cutting cylinder and rear roller control which allows for the blades to be disengaged without having to stop the engine.
All of the petrol mowers in Allett’s Kensington range can be quickly and easily fitted with either a scarifier cartridge or a ten-blade cutting cylinder (available separately) in place of the standard six-blade unit. The scarifier allows the 14K to be used for the removal of vegetable matter and detritus from turf during the spring and autumn months, while the ten-blade cutting unit increases the clip rate to around 131 cuts per metre and offers a finer finish.
Manufactured in Britain, the 14K also comes with Allett’s two-year warranty on parts and labour, further enhancing the machine’s already impressive durability and longevity. Allett’s Kensington 14K is therefore perfect for the discriminating gardener seeking to achieve a pristine finish on their lawn.
• Six-blade "Quick Cartridge" cutting cylinder (optional ten-blade and scarifier units available separately)
• Front (zinc plated steel) and rear (single-section steel with rolled edges and geared differential drive) rollers, offering stability and assuring a high quality striped finish
• 35cm/14 inch cutting width, allowing for precision and manoeuvrability
• 98cc Kawasaki easy-start unleaded petrol engine, operated via dual bale bar and throttle lever
• Variable cutting height (6mm-32mm) controlled via micro-adjust knob
• Adjustable folding handlebars with three height positions for convenience and storage
• Easy access, impact resistant 52 litre polypropylene grassbox for improved performance, and adjustable grass rake for removing thatch/moss and lifting grass
|Engine/motor:||98cc Kawasaki OHV|
|Power source:||Unleaded Petrol|
|Cutting system:||6-blade cylinder|
|Cutting height:||6mm - 32mm|
|Warranty:||2 year parts / 2 year labour|
About AllettAllett is a wholly British-owned company (as British as queuing for a cup of tea or eating fish and chips while standing on a rainy beach) with a longstanding tradition in the design and manufacture of precision, single-cylinder, walk-behind mowers. Founded by Reg Allett almost half a century ago, Allett has since become a byword for a finely mown lawn across the UK, Ireland and continental Europe, and the distinctive black, silver and gold livery of Allett machines is recognised throughout the world. In fact, if you have ever stopped to admire the crisp, luxurious, striped finish on the ornamental lawn of an old country estate there is a good chance that one of Allett’s high quality cylinder lawnmowers was used to achieve it.
Allett’s cylinder mowers cut using a series of sharp rotating blades rather than a basic rotary blade. The cutting cylinder traps blades of grass between its spinning blades and cuts with a clean, scissor-like action, producing a crisp cut which heals more quickly for a healthier lawn. Thus, as well as the iconic stripe effect, cylinder mowers also ensure the most pristine finish possible, making them perfect for maintaining golf and bowling greens, sports stadiums, cricket wickets and outfields as well as public and private parks and gardens.
This has led to Allett machines being adopted by professional groundskeepers in all walks of life, including at many leading rugby and football clubs, country cricket clubs and the All England Club, Wimbledon. In addition to this, Allett has also been bestowed with the honour of being chosen by the Commonwealth War Graves Commission to supply mowers for the upkeep of its immaculate cemeteries around the world.
More recently, Allett acquired the design and manufacturing rights for the former Atco and Suffolk Punch branded petrol and electric pedestrian cylinder mowers. These now form the basis for Allett’s Classic and Expert mowers, providing an even more extensive range of both domestic and semi-professional machines from which to choose. Thus, whatever your particular requirements, if you need to achieve a truly flawless striped finish on your lawn there is almost certainly an Allett machine ideal for you.
So why buy from Lawnmowers Direct?
Well firstly, we're pretty good at what we do. In fact, we'd class ourselves as experts. With more than 40 years experience supplying lawnmowers to both home users and professionals, we know what we're talking about. We pride ourselves on our high levels of customer service and we're happy to provide help and support throughout the process, from your initial decision making to after sales, servicing, repairs and spare parts. The service we're offering is a complete one, and unlike some other companies, we are specialists.
We know that not all our customers are looking for the same products, and that they come to us with different knowledge levels. We've built a Free Advice section to help you if you're not sure where to start looking, or you can use our search facility if you've more of an idea what you're looking for. If there's anything you can't find or you just need a little bit more help, feel free to Contact Us.
We hold an extensive stock between our two showrooms, and this means we can offer competitive pricing on everything we sell. If you've found the same product in stock for less on another website, we will try our best to match the offer.
All petrol machinery is checked before dispatch by our team of trained mechanics. While this means we can't always offer same day dispatch, it does mean you'll be getting a bit of kit which will definitely work. We know sometimes things go wrong, but we do our best to make sure they don't, and if you have any problems just get in touch with our customer service team who will be able to help fix it.
If you're not convinced, have a little look at our reviews.