Allett Kensington 17K Cylinder Lawnmower
- Availability: In Stock
- Estimated Dispatch: 2 - 3 working days
- Manufacturer: Allett
- Delivery Charge: Free To UK Mainland
The Kensington 17K petrol cylinder mower is precision engineered for achieving a fine finish on lawns up to 280m. Powered by a 98cc Kawasaki four-stroke petrol engine.
- Allett 17-inch QC Aerator CassetteThis aerator cassette slits the soil to allow air and water to the roots of your lawn. It will also prune the roots, causing vigorous growth and activity. Fits the Kensington 17K.
- Allett 17-inch QC Lawn Scarifier CassetteAvailable for machines in the Kensington and Classic ranges, Scarifying Cassettes can be quickly slotted in place of the original five- or six-blade cutting unit to convert your mower into a powered rake for the removal of moss and litter from your lawn.
- Allett 17-inch QC Verticut CassetteThe thin and closely spaced tines of the Verticut Cassette help remove unwanted lateral growth and moss. Encourage your grass to tiller and create a dense, more regimented sward. Fits the Kensington 17K.
- Allett 17-inch QC De-thatcher CassetteEasily remove dense thatch using this dethatcher cassette. The thick, wider spaced tines penetrate the soil to a depth of 6mm. Fits the Kensington 17K.
- Allett 17-inch QC Grooming Lawn Brush CassetteClear general surface debris, renovate seed material or work in a top dressing using this highly versatile lawn brush cassette. Fits the Kensington 17K.
- Allett 17-inch QC 10-Blade Cylinder CassetteUpgrade any Allett Kensington petrol cylinder mower with a Ten-blade Cutting Unit. Simply slot into place for an even more precise finish. For use with the 17K.
Allett’s five decades of experience designing high quality walk-behind cylinder lawnmowers have gained them a reputation for reliability and an undisputed place as a market leader in the manufacture of top-class garden machinery. Investing in a machine from the Kensington range of petrol mowers, including the 14K, 17K and 20K, is therefore an investment in precision engineering and commitment to quality that any gardener who takes pride in his or her lawn would be well-advised to make.
The Kensington 17K is a self-propelled cylinder mower powered by a 98cc Kawasaki four-stroke petrol engine and fitted as standard with a six-blade “Quick Cartridge” cutting cylinder capable of delivering up to 79 cuts per metre. This array produces a scissor-like cutting action which cuts grass cleanly, allowing your lawn to heal more quickly and providing a pristine finish. For an even finer surface finish, an optional ten-blade cutting cylinder (available separately) slots quickly and easily in place of the standard six-blade cassette, increasing the clip rate to around 131 cuts per metre. The 17K also features front and rear stainless steel rollers for an enhanced striped effect and to improve the stability and manoeuvrability of the machine. Moreover, the cut height can be set with precision to any height between 6mm and 32mm depending on the condition of your lawn, while the inclusion of an adjustable grass rake behind the front roller boosts performance by teasing lateral grass upright before it is cut.
All of the petrol mowers in Allett’s Kensington range can be quickly and easily fitted with a scarifier cartridge. The scarifier cassette is of particular value in spring and autumn, as it allows for the removal of leaf litter and other vegetable matter from the surface of your lawn. The British manufactured Kensington 17K also comes with Allett’s two year warranty on parts and labour, providing additional peace of mind for owners of this durable and efficient machine. Allett’s Kensington 17K is a top class lawnmower by any standards, ideal for anyone seeking to achieve a manicured finish on their lawn.
• Six-blade "Quick Cartridge" cutting cylinder (optional ten-blade and scarifier units available separately)
• Front (zinc plated steel with bearings) and rear (double-section steel with rolled edges and geared differential drive) rollers, offering stability, manoeuvrability and a high quality striped finish
• 43cm/17 inch cutting width (suitable for gardens of up to 280 square metres), and variable cutting height (6mm-32mm) controlled via a stepless micro-adjustment knob
• 98cc Kawasaki recoil-start unleaded petrol engine with 1.6 litre fuel tank, operated via handlebar controls (including safety release mechanism) and throttle lever
• Adjustable folding handlebars with three height positions for convenience and storage
• Easy access, impact resistant 62 litre polypropylene grassbox for improved collection performance
|Engine/motor:||98cc Kawasaki OHC|
|Power source:||Unleaded petrol|
|Cutting system:||6-blade cylinder cassette|
|Cutting height:||6mm - 32mm|
About AllettAllett is a wholly British-owned company (as British as queuing for a cup of tea or eating fish and chips while standing on a rainy beach) with a longstanding tradition in the design and manufacture of precision, single-cylinder, walk-behind mowers. Founded by Reg Allett almost half a century ago, Allett has since become a byword for a finely mown lawn across the UK, Ireland and continental Europe, and the distinctive black, silver and gold livery of Allett machines is recognised throughout the world. In fact, if you have ever stopped to admire the crisp, luxurious, striped finish on the ornamental lawn of an old country estate there is a good chance that one of Allett’s high quality cylinder lawnmowers was used to achieve it.
Allett’s cylinder mowers cut using a series of sharp rotating blades rather than a basic rotary blade. The cutting cylinder traps blades of grass between its spinning blades and cuts with a clean, scissor-like action, producing a crisp cut which heals more quickly for a healthier lawn. Thus, as well as the iconic stripe effect, cylinder mowers also ensure the most pristine finish possible, making them perfect for maintaining golf and bowling greens, sports stadiums, cricket wickets and outfields as well as public and private parks and gardens.
This has led to Allett machines being adopted by professional groundskeepers in all walks of life, including at many leading rugby and football clubs, country cricket clubs and the All England Club, Wimbledon. In addition to this, Allett has also been bestowed with the honour of being chosen by the Commonwealth War Graves Commission to supply mowers for the upkeep of its immaculate cemeteries around the world.
More recently, Allett acquired the design and manufacturing rights for the former Atco and Suffolk Punch branded petrol and electric pedestrian cylinder mowers. These now form the basis for Allett’s Classic and Expert mowers, providing an even more extensive range of both domestic and semi-professional machines from which to choose. Thus, whatever your particular requirements, if you need to achieve a truly flawless striped finish on your lawn there is almost certainly an Allett machine ideal for you.
So why buy from Lawnmowers Direct?
Well firstly, we're pretty good at what we do. In fact, we'd class ourselves as experts. With more than 40 years experience supplying lawnmowers to both home users and professionals, we know what we're talking about. We pride ourselves on our high levels of customer service and we're happy to provide help and support throughout the process, from your initial decision making to after sales, servicing, repairs and spare parts. The service we're offering is a complete one, and unlike some other companies, we are specialists.
We know that not all our customers are looking for the same products, and that they come to us with different knowledge levels. We've built a Free Advice section to help you if you're not sure where to start looking, or you can use our search facility if you've more of an idea what you're looking for. If there's anything you can't find or you just need a little bit more help, feel free to Contact Us.
We hold an extensive stock between our two showrooms, and this means we can offer competitive pricing on everything we sell. If you've found the same product in stock for less on another website, we will try our best to match the offer.
All petrol machinery is checked before dispatch by our team of trained mechanics. While this means we can't always offer same day dispatch, it does mean you'll be getting a bit of kit which will definitely work. We know sometimes things go wrong, but we do our best to make sure they don't, and if you have any problems just get in touch with our customer service team who will be able to help fix it.
If you're not convinced, have a little look at our reviews.