Allett Sandringham 14E Electric Cylinder Mower
- Availability: In Stock
- Estimated Dispatch: 2 - 3 working days
- Manufacturer: Allett
- Delivery Charge: Free To UK Mainland
The mains-powered self-propelled Sandringham 14E cylinder mower is expertly designed to offer both excellent performance and convenience of use.
- £12.95Multi-Sharp Cylinder Mower Sharpener – 38cm BladeThis kit will re-sharpen your cylinder mower blades resulting in a clean smooth cut to the lawn. Designed for a maximum 38cm cutting width, but this can easily be cut down to the required width.
- £10.95Multi-Sharp Cylinder Mower Sharpener – 46 – 51cm BladeThis kit will re-sharpen your cylinder mower blades resulting in a clean smooth cut to the lawn. It is easily cut down to the size required, full instructions are provided.
- Allett 14-inch QC Lawn Scarifier CassetteAvailable for machines in the Kensington and Classic ranges, Scarifying Cassettes can be quickly slotted in place of the original five- or six-blade cutting unit to convert your mower into a powered rake for the removal of moss and litter from your lawn.
A crisp striped finish to a lawn, of the kind recognisable from parks, ornamental gardens and sports stadia across the country, is something to which every proud gardener aspires. Allett are a company with almost fifty years of experience in creating the kind of high quality cylinder mower used to achieve this effect, and if you are looking to maintain a fine finish on a small lawn, Allett’s mains-powered self-propelled electric Sandringham lawnmowers, including the 12E and the 14E, are expertly designed to offer both outstanding performance and convenience of use.
The larger of the two electric models available in the Sandringham range, the 14E boasts a cutting width of 35cm, while the mower’s durable front and rear steel rollers offer stability and produce the classic stripe effect for which cylinder mowers are best known. The 14E’s five-blade “Quick Cartridge” cylinder cuts grass cleanly with a scissor-like action and the cutting height can be adjusted over a range of 6mm-32mm using five-position the “dial-a-height” hand-dial conveniently located on the side of the machine. Moreover, the inclusion of a static turf rake to tease and lift out dead material, moss and lateral grasses further improves the Sandringham 14E’s cutting performance.
The rear roller and cutting unit on the Sandringham 14E are powered by an efficient 420 Watt electric motor, taking much of the effort out of mowing the lawn, while the generous 22.5 metres of power cord ensure that you should be able to reach every corner of your garden with ease. The Allett Sandringham 14E can also be fitted with a scarifier cartridge (available separately), which slots in place of the standard cutting cylinder. The scarifier converts the 14E into a powered rake which can be used to remove matted vegetable matter from your lawn during the spring and autumn months. The Sandringham 14E also comes with Allett’s two-year warranty on parts and labour, further adding to the durability and longevity of this remarkable machine.
• Five-blade "Quick Cartridge" cutting cylinder, delivering 106 cuts per metre
• Front (zinc plated steel) and rear (single-section steel) rollers, assuring stability and a high quality striped finish
• 35cm/14 inch cutting width for precision and manoeuvrability (ideal for lawns up to 150 square metres)
• Powered by a 420W electric motor controlled via handlebar controls (including safety release mechanism)
• Variable cutting height (6mm-32mm) controlled via "dial-a-height" hand-dial
• Incorporated static turf rake and 32 litre polypropylene grass collector with clippings compactor for improved performance
• 22.5 metre electric cable and adjustable folding handlebars for convenient use and storage
|Engine/motor:||420-watt electric motor|
|Power source:||Mains electricity|
|Starting method:||Push button|
|Cutting system:||5-blade cylinder|
|Cutting height:||6mm - 32mm|
|Warranty:||2-year domestic use|
|Engine / Motor|
400 – 499w
• Five-blade “Quick Cartridge” cutting cylinder, delivering 106 cuts per metre• Front (zinc plated steel) and rear (single-section steel) rollers, assuring stability and a high qu
Engine/motor: 420-watt electric motor Power source: Mains electricity Starting method: Push button Deck material: Steel Cutting system: 5-blade cylinder
About AllettAllett is a wholly British-owned company (as British as queuing for a cup of tea or eating fish and chips while standing on a rainy beach) with a longstanding tradition in the design and manufacture of precision, single-cylinder, walk-behind mowers. Founded by Reg Allett almost half a century ago, Allett has since become a byword for a finely mown lawn across the UK, Ireland and continental Europe, and the distinctive black, silver and gold livery of Allett machines is recognised throughout the world. In fact, if you have ever stopped to admire the crisp, luxurious, striped finish on the ornamental lawn of an old country estate there is a good chance that one of Allett’s high quality cylinder lawnmowers was used to achieve it.
Allett’s cylinder mowers cut using a series of sharp rotating blades rather than a basic rotary blade. The cutting cylinder traps blades of grass between its spinning blades and cuts with a clean, scissor-like action, producing a crisp cut which heals more quickly for a healthier lawn. Thus, as well as the iconic stripe effect, cylinder mowers also ensure the most pristine finish possible, making them perfect for maintaining golf and bowling greens, sports stadiums, cricket wickets and outfields as well as public and private parks and gardens.
This has led to Allett machines being adopted by professional groundskeepers in all walks of life, including at many leading rugby and football clubs, country cricket clubs and the All England Club, Wimbledon. In addition to this, Allett has also been bestowed with the honour of being chosen by the Commonwealth War Graves Commission to supply mowers for the upkeep of its immaculate cemeteries around the world.
More recently, Allett acquired the design and manufacturing rights for the former Atco and Suffolk Punch branded petrol and electric pedestrian cylinder mowers. These now form the basis for Allett’s Classic and Expert mowers, providing an even more extensive range of both domestic and semi-professional machines from which to choose. Thus, whatever your particular requirements, if you need to achieve a truly flawless striped finish on your lawn there is almost certainly an Allett machine ideal for you.
So why buy from Lawnmowers Direct?
Well firstly, we're pretty good at what we do. In fact, we'd class ourselves as experts. With more than 40 years experience supplying lawnmowers to both home users and professionals, we know what we're talking about. We pride ourselves on our high levels of customer service and we're happy to provide help and support throughout the process, from your initial decision making to after sales, servicing, repairs and spare parts. The service we're offering is a complete one, and unlike some other companies, we are specialists.
We know that not all our customers are looking for the same products, and that they come to us with different knowledge levels. We've built a Free Advice section to help you if you're not sure where to start looking, or you can use our search facility if you've more of an idea what you're looking for. If there's anything you can't find or you just need a little bit more help, feel free to Contact Us.
We hold an extensive stock between our two showrooms, and this means we can offer competitive pricing on everything we sell. If you've found the same product in stock for less on another website, we will try our best to match the offer.
All petrol machinery is checked before dispatch by our team of trained mechanics. While this means we can't always offer same day dispatch, it does mean you'll be getting a bit of kit which will definitely work. We know sometimes things go wrong, but we do our best to make sure they don't, and if you have any problems just get in touch with our customer service team who will be able to help fix it.
If you're not convinced, have a little look at our reviews.