Allett Westminster 20H Petrol Cylinder Mower
- Availability: Special Order Item
- Estimated Dispatch: Please email email@example.com for dispatch estimate
- Manufacturer: Allett
- Delivery Charge: Free To UK Mainland
This impressive mower uses a twelve-blade cutting cylinder and front and rear rollers to achieve an exquisite striped finish to your lawn, and features variable cutting height adjustment (2.4mm-19mm) and an adjustable grass rake.
- Briggs & Stratton Oil Removal Pump | 992423The Briggs & Stratton Oil Removal Pump is used for the simple and safe removal of oil from all types of engines. This kit comes with a vacuum pump, 4 litre container with lids, hose with shut off clip and funnel.
- £6.99Lawnmaster Lawnmowers Direct 10W40 Oil – 1 LitreLawnmowers Direct 10W/40 is designed for use in all horticultural 4 stroke engines, both diesel and petrol where an oil of this quality is required.
- £7.10Honda Fuel Stabiliser 250ml 08CXZFSC250Honda fuel stabiliser specifically designed for Honda engines will help preserve all fuel properties during long term storage. This product is recommended for all engines running occasionally or for long term storage.
- Multi-Sharp Cylinder Mower Sharpener – 46 – 51cm BladeThis kit will re-sharpen your cylinder mower blades resulting in a clean smooth cut to the lawn. It is easily cut down to the size required, full instructions are provided.
Allett’s fine reputation for creating high quality lawnmowers is evidenced by the immaculate finish we see on cricket pitches, tennis courts, and bowling and golf greens across the land, many of which will have been mown with Allett’s Westminster 20H. Whether you are looking for a machine to maintain the even surface of a cricket wicket or to achieve an iconic striped finish on an ornamental lawn, you are assured of superb results with the close-cutting precision of the Westminster 20H.
Key to the ability of the Westminster 20H to achieve the finest of finishes is that it uses a twelve-blade cutting cylinder, capable of delivering a highly impressive 145 cuts per metre. The cutting cylinder creates a scissor-like action, and the clean cut achieved by this promotes healthier growth and allows grass to heal more quickly, so will help protect your lawn against disease and fungal infection. The 20H also features variable cutting height adjustment over a range of 2.4mm-19mm, controlled via a micro-adjustment knob, further adding to the precision of cut which can be achieved with this machine.
Moreover, the front and rear rollers work together to offer an exquisite striped finish to your lawn and to help keep the cut even. The front roller is made of zinc-plated steel and has bearings to help ensure smooth operation, while the double-sectioned rear roller is aluminium. Behind the front roller, the 20H also features an adjustable grass rake in order to stand grass upright before mowing, further guaranteeing a quality even cut. The Westminster 20H is self-propelled via the rear roller, powered by a 196cc Honda easy-start unleaded petrol engine, taking much of the effort out of mowing larger areas of grass. With a cutting width of 51cm, a 3.1 litre fuel tank, and a high capacity 84 litre impact-resistant polypropylene grass collector, the Westminster 20H is a lawnmower ideally suited to the maintenance of fine lawns of up to 350 square metres.
• Twelve-blade cutting cylinder, offering a finer and more precise cut
• Heavy-duty front and rear rollers, with pawl and ratchet fittings and adjustable rake
• 51cm/20 inch cutting width, suitable for larger lawns (up to 350 square metres)
• Powered by a 196cc Honda unleaded petrol engine with recoil start and a 3.1 litre fuel tank, operated via a single bale bar (including safety release mechanism), throttle lever and handbrake
• Fully variable cutting height for precision (2.4mm-19mm)
• Large 84-litre impact-resistant polypropylene grass collector and adjustable handlebars for convenience
• The British manufactured Westminster 20H also comes with Allett’s two-year warranty on parts and labour
|Engine/motor:||Honda 196cc OHV|
|Power source:||Unleaded petrol|
|Cutting system:||12-blade cylinder|
|Cutting height:||2.4mm - 19mm|
About AllettAllett is a wholly British-owned company (as British as queuing for a cup of tea or eating fish and chips while standing on a rainy beach) with a longstanding tradition in the design and manufacture of precision, single-cylinder, walk-behind mowers. Founded by Reg Allett almost half a century ago, Allett has since become a byword for a finely mown lawn across the UK, Ireland and continental Europe, and the distinctive black, silver and gold livery of Allett machines is recognised throughout the world. In fact, if you have ever stopped to admire the crisp, luxurious, striped finish on the ornamental lawn of an old country estate there is a good chance that one of Allett’s high quality cylinder lawnmowers was used to achieve it.
Allett’s cylinder mowers cut using a series of sharp rotating blades rather than a basic rotary blade. The cutting cylinder traps blades of grass between its spinning blades and cuts with a clean, scissor-like action, producing a crisp cut which heals more quickly for a healthier lawn. Thus, as well as the iconic stripe effect, cylinder mowers also ensure the most pristine finish possible, making them perfect for maintaining golf and bowling greens, sports stadiums, cricket wickets and outfields as well as public and private parks and gardens.
This has led to Allett machines being adopted by professional groundskeepers in all walks of life, including at many leading rugby and football clubs, country cricket clubs and the All England Club, Wimbledon. In addition to this, Allett has also been bestowed with the honour of being chosen by the Commonwealth War Graves Commission to supply mowers for the upkeep of its immaculate cemeteries around the world.
More recently, Allett acquired the design and manufacturing rights for the former Atco and Suffolk Punch branded petrol and electric pedestrian cylinder mowers. These now form the basis for Allett’s Classic and Expert mowers, providing an even more extensive range of both domestic and semi-professional machines from which to choose. Thus, whatever your particular requirements, if you need to achieve a truly flawless striped finish on your lawn there is almost certainly an Allett machine ideal for you.
So why buy from Lawnmowers Direct?
Well firstly, we're pretty good at what we do. In fact, we'd class ourselves as experts. With more than 40 years experience supplying lawnmowers to both home users and professionals, we know what we're talking about. We pride ourselves on our high levels of customer service and we're happy to provide help and support throughout the process, from your initial decision making to after sales, servicing, repairs and spare parts. The service we're offering is a complete one, and unlike some other companies, we are specialists.
We know that not all our customers are looking for the same products, and that they come to us with different knowledge levels. We've built a Free Advice section to help you if you're not sure where to start looking, or you can use our search facility if you've more of an idea what you're looking for. If there's anything you can't find or you just need a little bit more help, feel free to Contact Us.
We hold an extensive stock between our two showrooms, and this means we can offer competitive pricing on everything we sell. If you've found the same product in stock for less on another website, we will try our best to match the offer.
All petrol machinery is checked before dispatch by our team of trained mechanics. While this means we can't always offer same day dispatch, it does mean you'll be getting a bit of kit which will definitely work. We know sometimes things go wrong, but we do our best to make sure they don't, and if you have any problems just get in touch with our customer service team who will be able to help fix it.
If you're not convinced, have a little look at our reviews.