Ariens Classic LMSW 21S Self-Propelled Petrol Lawnmower | 911397
- Availability: Available
- Estimated Dispatch: 4 - 6 working days
- Manufacturer: Ariens
- Delivery Charge: Free To UK Mainland
With clever swivelling front wheels, the Ariens Classic LM 21SW offers manoeuvrability in tight spots. Powered by a 179cc Kawasaki petrol engine with variable speed transmission system, the LM 21SW also features three cutting modes for versatility.
- £14.99Briggs & Stratton Oil Removal Pump | 992423The Briggs & Stratton Oil Removal Pump is used for the simple and safe removal of oil from all types of engines. This kit comes with a vacuum pump, 4 litre container with lids, hose with shut off clip and funnel.
- £4.25Lawnmaster Lawnmowers Direct SAE 30 Oil – 600mlFor use in diesel and petrol engines in horticultural equipment where an oil to API SF/CC quality is required.
- £6.99Briggs & Stratton 992381 Fuel Fit Additive 250ml250ml genuine fuel additive for 2 and 4 stroke engines.
- £6.50Multi-Sharp Rotary Lawn Mower Blade SharpenerMulti-Sharps Rotary Mower Sharpener is designed to fit to any power drill and produces a sharp new cutting edge on rotary mower blades in minutes. Grinder can also be used to re-sharpen edges on spades, hoes, lawn-edgers and axes.
Lawnmowers can sometimes be cumbersome things. This might not matter if your lawn is a neatly defined square or rectangle which allows you to mow in straight lines so that handling isn’t an issue. Anyone with tucked away corners, secret hidey-holes or any other unconventionally shaped borders in their garden, however, will likely be familiar with trying to wrestle their lawnmower into submission as it stubbornly refuses to turn without subjecting you to several minutes of awkward shunting. This is not a problem you will ever encounter with Ariens’ Classic LM 21SW, however, as this walk-behind rotary mower features swivelling front wheels to ensure unbeatable manoeuvrability.
These clever front wheels combine with the Classic LM 21SW’s large (26.5cm/10.5”) rear wheels and rear axle differential to make it far easier to handle than the vast majority of competing machines, so even the most complicated lawns can be mown with ease. This is also handy when working in gardens abounding with trees, ornaments and other obstacles, allowing you to deftly negotiate your way around anything which might impede your progress. Thanks to a combination of this manoeuvrability, a 53cm (21”) cutting width and an Infini-speed® disc-o-matic transmission system (offering complete speed control up to 4mph), the Classic LM 21SW makes maintaining even the largest domestic gardens pleasingly effortless.
Another big part of what makes using this machine so easy is the power supplied via its low-emission 179cc Kawasaki four-stroke petrol engine, which features a cast-iron cylinder liner and overhead valve technology for outstanding reliability and enhanced performance. As well as the drive system this engine provides power to the cutting equipment, utilising its extra horsepower to run a high-lift rotary mower blade which increase suction and improve collection performance. And with its 3-in-1 variable cutting system (featuring mulching, collection and side-discharge modes) this is also a remarkably versatile machine.
For traditional cut and collection the mower is equipped with a high capacity 90 litre grass collector, but it is quick and simple to switch to side-discharge mode if you need to mow any longer grass. Another advantage of side-discharge is that it saves time disposing of clippings, but with the mulching mode also offering efficient collection-free mowing (as well as recycling grass clippings back into the lawn to reclaim vital nutrients and moisture) you have plenty of options from which to choose. The versatility of the Classic LM 21SW doesn’t end there though, with its centralised six-position cutting height adjustment offering settings between 2.5cm and 8.3cm to enable quick adaptation for effective cutting in a variety of conditions. Between this and the 3-in-1 variable cutting system you can therefore rest assured of high quality results regardless of the size, shape or condition of your lawn.
Other user-friendly features on this machine include the height adjustable handlebar – which offers four working positions to help ensure comfortable operation – a high capacity 2 litre fuel tank for increased run time and an easy-access recoil starter for quick starting. And with a three year limited consumer warranty also included as standard the Ariens Classic LM 21SW is therefore a lawnmower capable of bringing a smile to the face of even the most dedicated home gardener.
• Power supplied via a low-emission 179cc Kawasaki four-stroke petrol engine featuring an overhead valve design for enhanced cooling and reliably high torque performance
• Self-propulsion and an Infini-speed® disc-o-matic transmission system make mowing larger lawns easier by providing complete control over forward speed (up to 4mph)
• Equipped as standard with a two litre fuel tank for increased run time and an easy-access recoil starter cord for hassle-free ignition every time
• Perfect for use in all medium to large domestic gardens thanks to a 53cm (21”) cutting width and a centralised six-position cutting height adjustment system (2.5cm to 8.3cm)
• 3-in-1 versatility offered with three distinct cuttings modes; traditional cut and collection, quick and efficient side-discharge and a mulching mode for recycling grass clippings
• Also featuring a unique set of swivelling front wheels, working alongside the large rear wheels and rear axle differential for industry-leading manoeuvrability
• Mower comes complete with a 90 litre grass collector, a height adjustable handlebar, a high-lift rotary mower blade, side discharge chute and mulching plug
• Supplied with a three year limited consumer warranty for unbeatable dependability and enduringly superb cutting performance
About AriensThe Ariens story is a true example of the American Dream. When times got tough during the Great Depression, Henry Ariens and his three sons – Steve, Leon and Francis – had to close their Brillian based iron works. However, like the phoenix rising from the ashes, this was merely a new beginning for the Ariens men, and with a $1,500 loan borrowed against Henry's life insurance policy and another $1,500 raised by selling shares of stock to a family member, the four men got back to work.
The Ariens Company as we know it nowadays began in 1933, when Henry and the boys developed the first American-made rotary tiller and conducted a campaign to teach commercial growers, nurserymen and landscapers how the new Ariens Model A Tiller worked. Over the next two decades the Ariens Company became an established player in the lawn and garden market, and even won a U.S. Army Ordinance Award for crisis manufacturing during World War II. When Henry Ariens died in 1956 his sons took over the company and continued their father’s legacy by growing the business further and introducing a variety of new products, including the machine for which Ariens is best known: the Sno-Thro®.
Today, Ariens’ Sno-Thro® is the leading snow-thrower brand worldwide with distribution in the US, Canada and Europe. As well as this, Ariens is now well known for producing a wide range of high quality gardening and lawn maintenance products ideal for domestic and commercial use, including their excellent lawn tractors and walk behind mowers, all of which are manufactured with the same drive for durability which motivated Henry Ariens back in his garage in 1933. Built to be tough but easy to operate, these heavy duty steel machines are engineered with commercial-grade cast iron gear cases and large intake components which set the standard for reliability and mean that Ariens products are often even passed down from one generation to the next.
One would hope that Henry Ariens would have appreciated seeing Ariens machines being used by many generations of the same family, reflecting the way in which the Ariens Company itself has been stewarded by successive generations of Ariens, all striving to live up to Henry’s pioneering work. This commitment to the company’s humble origins is reflected in Ariens’ five Company Core Values: Be Honest, Be Fair, Keep Our Commitments, Respect the Individual and Encourage Intellectual Curiosity. As such you can always be confident of superb performance and dependability with an Ariens machine, even when dealing with the very toughest horticultural work.
So why buy from Lawnmowers Direct?
Well firstly, we're pretty good at what we do. In fact, we'd class ourselves as experts. With more than 40 years experience supplying lawnmowers to both home users and professionals, we know what we're talking about. We pride ourselves on our high levels of customer service and we're happy to provide help and support throughout the process, from your initial decision making to after sales, servicing, repairs and spare parts. The service we're offering is a complete one, and unlike some other companies, we are specialists.
We know that not all our customers are looking for the same products, and that they come to us with different knowledge levels. We've built a Free Advice section to help you if you're not sure where to start looking, or you can use our search facility if you've more of an idea what you're looking for. If there's anything you can't find or you just need a little bit more help, feel free to Contact Us.
We hold an extensive stock between our two showrooms, and this means we can offer competitive pricing on everything we sell. If you've found the same product in stock for less on another website, we will try our best to match the offer.
All petrol machinery is checked before dispatch by our team of trained mechanics. While this means we can't always offer same day dispatch, it does mean you'll be getting a bit of kit which will definitely work. We know sometimes things go wrong, but we do our best to make sure they don't, and if you have any problems just get in touch with our customer service team who will be able to help fix it.
If you're not convinced, have a little look at our reviews.