Ariens Razor Self-Propelled Lawnmower | 911375
- Availability: Available
- Estimated Dispatch: 4 - 6 working days
- Manufacturer: Ariens
- Delivery Charge: Free To UK Mainland
This mower is packed with many innovative features that make it easy to use. Easily adjust the height of the handle, select one of 7 cutting heights and transition from mulch to collection.
- £14.99-£15.99 Select optionsLawnmower Starter KitPurchase a lawnmower starter kit with your new petrol lawnmower for some useful extras to help your lawnmower perform better for longer. Available in two varieties (one for Honda engines, and one for Briggs and Stratton engines).
- Briggs & Stratton Oil Removal Pump | 992423The Briggs & Stratton Oil Removal Pump is used for the simple and safe removal of oil from all types of engines. This kit comes with a vacuum pump, 4 litre container with lids, hose with shut off clip and funnel.
- £4.25Lawnmaster Lawnmowers Direct SAE 30 Oil – 600mlFor use in diesel and petrol engines in horticultural equipment where an oil to API SF/CC quality is required.
- £4.99Briggs & Stratton 992381 Fuel Fit Additive 250ml250ml genuine fuel additive for 2 and 4 stroke engines.
- Multi-Sharp Rotary Lawn Mower Blade SharpenerMulti-Sharps Rotary Mower Sharpener is designed to fit to any power drill and produces a sharp new cutting edge on rotary mower blades in minutes. Grinder can also be used to re-sharpen edges on spades, hoes, lawn-edgers and axes.
Bruce Springsteen’s hit song “Born in the USA” is commonly misinterpreted as a simplistic expression of patriotism due to its anthemic chorus, but is in fact a complex reflection on the marginalisation of the American working class. Ariens’ high quality Razor mowers, on the other hand, are “made in the USA”, which is a much less ambiguous proposition; designed and built in the USA, the Ariens Razor SP is a versatile walk-behind lawnmower which ensures a pristine finish and exceptional ease of use. This combination of convenience and quality means that the Ariens Razor SP is in many ways a horticultural embodiment of the American Dream (assuming we interpret the “American Dream” as requiring being the proud owner of a very tidy lawn).
Built with a 53cm (21”) cutting width for effective maintenance of medium to large lawns, much of the Razor SP’s extraordinary utility is attributable to its clever cutting system. Supplied as standard with a high capacity grass collector and a mulching plug, this system allows you to quickly select a mowing mode to suit the conditions of your lawn. Traditional cut and collect will deliver a tidy finish on your lawn, with all clippings gathered by the fabric collector for disposal when you are done. The mulching mode offers a little of both of the aforementioned options, reducing clippings to tiny particles by cutting and re-cutting them before discharging directly onto your lawn. Here the mulched cuttings quickly break down and release valuable nutrients and moisture into the ground, thus ensuring a tidier finish and a healthier lawn. Whichever cutting mode you choose to use, however, all benefit from the Razor SP’s deep domed deck design, which maximises air flow for a superior quality of cut.
Powered by a 175cc Subaru four-stroke petrol engine made with a cast iron cylinder sleeve for outstanding reliability, Ariens’ drive system allows you to adapt your mowers performance to suit your personal requirements. The variable speed rear wheel drive self-propulsion, for example, allows you to select a forward speed to match your walking pace and to ensure superb control in every corner of your garden (slower speeds will allow you to negotiate tricky corners more effectively, while selecting a steady speed in open areas of lawn will help to deliver an even finish throughout your garden). Likewise, the single-lever centralised cutting height adjustment allows you to select from seven settings between 2.5cm and 10.2cm and makes it easy to adapt the Razor SP for use on a variety of lawn surfaces.
Similarly handy is the inclusion of a Rite-Hite™ handlebar, with three mowing positions and two storage positions offering exceptional comfort during operation and convenience while during storage. With its deck made from stamped steel for magnificent durability, the Ariens Razor SP is as tough as it is hardworking and capable of offering many years of sterling service. This dependability is underlined by the inclusion of a three year limited consumer warranty with every machine, so even the most demanding home gardener will find this American-made machine a steadfast horticultural companion.
• Powered by a hardworking 175cc Subaru four-stroke petrol engine, with a variable rear wheel drive self-propulsion system offering forward speeds up to a maximum of 3.2mph
• Also featuring a high capacity 1 litre fuel tank for increased run time and an easy-access recoil starter for hassle-free ignition every time
• Ideal for tackling medium to large lawns, with a 53cm (21”) cutting width and seven cutting height settings (ranging from 2.5cm - 10.2cm) ensuring pleasing efficiency
• Cutting system allows you to choose between bagging or mulching for unbeatable versatility regardless of the conditions in your garden
• Adjustable Rite-Hite™ handlebar enables quick adaptation for an optimal working position and folds down to save valuable storage space when not in use
• Made with hardwearing materials for outstanding durability and a deep domed deck which maximises air flow for a superior quality of cut
• Supplied as standard with a three year limited consumer warranty for added peace of mind and unbeatable reliability
|Engine/motor:||175cc Subaru Auto Choke|
|Power source:||Unleaded petrol|
|Cutting system:||Metal blade|
|Cutting height:||2.5cm - 10.2cm|
|Drive system:||Self-propelled/variable speeed|
|Warranty:||3-year domestic use|
About AriensThe Ariens story is a true example of the American Dream. When times got tough during the Great Depression, Henry Ariens and his three sons – Steve, Leon and Francis – had to close their Brillian based iron works. However, like the phoenix rising from the ashes, this was merely a new beginning for the Ariens men, and with a $1,500 loan borrowed against Henry's life insurance policy and another $1,500 raised by selling shares of stock to a family member, the four men got back to work.
The Ariens Company as we know it nowadays began in 1933, when Henry and the boys developed the first American-made rotary tiller and conducted a campaign to teach commercial growers, nurserymen and landscapers how the new Ariens Model A Tiller worked. Over the next two decades the Ariens Company became an established player in the lawn and garden market, and even won a U.S. Army Ordinance Award for crisis manufacturing during World War II. When Henry Ariens died in 1956 his sons took over the company and continued their father’s legacy by growing the business further and introducing a variety of new products, including the machine for which Ariens is best known: the Sno-Thro®.
Today, Ariens’ Sno-Thro® is the leading snow-thrower brand worldwide with distribution in the US, Canada and Europe. As well as this, Ariens is now well known for producing a wide range of high quality gardening and lawn maintenance products ideal for domestic and commercial use, including their excellent lawn tractors and walk behind mowers, all of which are manufactured with the same drive for durability which motivated Henry Ariens back in his garage in 1933. Built to be tough but easy to operate, these heavy duty steel machines are engineered with commercial-grade cast iron gear cases and large intake components which set the standard for reliability and mean that Ariens products are often even passed down from one generation to the next.
One would hope that Henry Ariens would have appreciated seeing Ariens machines being used by many generations of the same family, reflecting the way in which the Ariens Company itself has been stewarded by successive generations of Ariens, all striving to live up to Henry’s pioneering work. This commitment to the company’s humble origins is reflected in Ariens’ five Company Core Values: Be Honest, Be Fair, Keep Our Commitments, Respect the Individual and Encourage Intellectual Curiosity. As such you can always be confident of superb performance and dependability with an Ariens machine, even when dealing with the very toughest horticultural work.
So why buy from Lawnmowers Direct?
Well firstly, we're pretty good at what we do. In fact, we'd class ourselves as experts. With more than 40 years experience supplying lawnmowers to both home users and professionals, we know what we're talking about. We pride ourselves on our high levels of customer service and we're happy to provide help and support throughout the process, from your initial decision making to after sales, servicing, repairs and spare parts. The service we're offering is a complete one, and unlike some other companies, we are specialists.
We know that not all our customers are looking for the same products, and that they come to us with different knowledge levels. We've built a Free Advice section to help you if you're not sure where to start looking, or you can use our search facility if you've more of an idea what you're looking for. If there's anything you can't find or you just need a little bit more help, feel free to Contact Us.
We hold an extensive stock between our two showrooms, and this means we can offer competitive pricing on everything we sell. If you've found the same product in stock for less on another website, we will try our best to match the offer.
All petrol machinery is checked before dispatch by our team of trained mechanics. While this means we can't always offer same day dispatch, it does mean you'll be getting a bit of kit which will definitely work. We know sometimes things go wrong, but we do our best to make sure they don't, and if you have any problems just get in touch with our customer service team who will be able to help fix it.
If you're not convinced, have a little look at our reviews.