Atco Clipper 20 Petrol Cylinder Lawnmower
- Availability: Currently Unavailable
- Estimated Dispatch: Production issue
- Manufacturer: Atco
- Delivery Charge: Free To UK Mainland
The Clipper 20 is a traditional mower with a six-blade cylinder, adjustable cutting height, front and rear rollers, and a Briggs & Stratton four-stroke engine with variable forward speed settings. The Clipper 20 is versatile, powerful and easy to use.
- £14.99-£15.99 Select optionsLawnmower Starter KitPurchase a lawnmower starter kit with your new petrol lawnmower for some useful extras to help your lawnmower perform better for longer. Available in two varieties (one for Honda engines, and one for Briggs and Stratton engines).
- Briggs & Stratton Oil Removal Pump | 992423The Briggs & Stratton Oil Removal Pump is used for the simple and safe removal of oil from all types of engines. This kit comes with a vacuum pump, 4 litre container with lids, hose with shut off clip and funnel.
- £4.25Lawnmaster Lawnmowers Direct SAE 30 Oil – 600mlFor use in diesel and petrol engines in horticultural equipment where an oil to API SF/CC quality is required.
- £4.99Briggs & Stratton 992381 Fuel Fit Additive 250ml250ml genuine fuel additive for 2 and 4 stroke engines.
- Multi-Sharp Cylinder Mower Sharpener – 46 – 51cm BladeThis kit will re-sharpen your cylinder mower blades resulting in a clean smooth cut to the lawn. It is easily cut down to the size required, full instructions are provided.
There is no more iconic look to a lawn than the classic striped finish achieved by using a traditional cylinder mower. In terms of quality and heritage, few can compete with the decades of experience that Atco have of creating and manufacturing outstanding lawnmowers. The Clipper range of cylinder mowers, including the Clipper 16, the Clipper 20 and the Clipper 20 Club, combine this experience with cutting edge technology and design in machines capable of providing a professional quality finish to any lawn.
With a 50 cm cutting width, the scissor-like action produced by the Atco Clipper 20’s six-blade cutting cylinder provides a beautifully clean cut which will leave your grass immaculate, as well as promoting thick and healthy growth and helping to prevent disease and fungal infection in your lawn. The Clipper 20 also features an adjustable cutting height ranging from 7mm to 30mm, using a single control point to allow for precise variation depending on the length of the grass being cut. The fine cut this provides is complemented by the mower’s front and rear steel rollers, which work to smooth the freshly cut lawn, minimise wheel marks and leave a perfectly striped finish.
Running on a 127cc Briggs & Stratton four-stroke engine with power drive, a centrifugal clutch and a recoil starter, the Clipper 20 is versatile, powerful and easy to use. The self-propelled drive system reduces the amount of effort required to mow large lawns, and the throttle controlled variable forward speed settings mean that you can adjust the mower to match your preferred pace of work. The Clipper 20 also features a steel chassis, providing strength and durability, and a 62 litre polypropylene grass collector.
Atco’s reputation for quality and durability is well deserved, and is evident in the design and engineering of their traditional cylinder mowers. The Clipper 20 is a lawnmower, which will provide versatility, excellent performance, and, most importantly, a striking manicured finish to your lawn.
• Six-blade steel cylinder, producing almost 340 cuts per metre
• Front (sectioned) and rear (split) steel rollers, offering a high quality striped finish
• 50 cm/20 inch cutting width, suitable for larger lawns
• Self-propelled drive system, powered by a 127cc Briggs & Stratton 4-stroke petrol engine with variable forward speed settings and recoil starter
• Variable cutting height (7mm-30mm) with a single control point for precision adjustment
• Steel chassis and 62 litre polypropylene grass collector
|Engine/motor:||127cc Briggs and Stratton|
|Power source:||Unleaded petrol|
|Cutting system:||Cylinder cassette|
|Cutting height:||7mm - 30mm|
In 1921 the first 900 petrol-powered Atco lawnmowers rolled off the production line at the Atco mowers factory in Birmingham and were delivered, believe it or not, by a man on a motorcycle with a specially developed side-car for transportation of these heavy machines. Things have moved on a little since then for Atco mowers, but one thing remains the same — the quality of the Atco mowers and products is as good as it ever was, and even though they expanded into different areas of the garden machinery market, it is their cylinder mowers that they are best know for. The Atco name is synonymous with the British gardening scene and the company has been awarded two Royal Warrants, the first in 1955 from Queen Elizabeth II and again in 1986, this time from HRH The Prince Of Wales.
Robert Bosch GmbH acquired Atco-Qualcast Ltd in 1995 and this brought a modern approach to the manufacturing process with the cylinder mowers that the company is famous for changing tremendously, becoming more light-weight with a marked increase in usability and performance; the introduction of the now famous QX Quick Exchange Cassette System, for instance, allows gardeners to change their lawn application needs without changing machine. Not happy with manufacturing the highest quality products, Atco leads the way in environmental compliance, being the first garden machinery manufacturer to be awarded the environmental management standard BS EN ISO 14001.
So why buy from Lawnmowers Direct?
Well firstly, we're pretty good at what we do. In fact, we'd class ourselves as experts. With more than 40 years experience supplying lawnmowers to both home users and professionals, we know what we're talking about. We pride ourselves on our high levels of customer service and we're happy to provide help and support throughout the process, from your initial decision making to after sales, servicing, repairs and spare parts. The service we're offering is a complete one, and unlike some other companies, we are specialists.
We know that not all our customers are looking for the same products, and that they come to us with different knowledge levels. We've built a Free Advice section to help you if you're not sure where to start looking, or you can use our search facility if you've more of an idea what you're looking for. If there's anything you can't find or you just need a little bit more help, feel free to Contact Us.
We hold an extensive stock between our two showrooms, and this means we can offer competitive pricing on everything we sell. If you've found the same product in stock for less on another website, we will try our best to match the offer.
All petrol machinery is checked before dispatch by our team of trained mechanics. While this means we can't always offer same day dispatch, it does mean you'll be getting a bit of kit which will definitely work. We know sometimes things go wrong, but we do our best to make sure they don't, and if you have any problems just get in touch with our customer service team who will be able to help fix it.
If you're not convinced, have a little look at our reviews.