Atco Quattro 21SAH 51cm Self-propelled Petrol Lawnmower
- Availability: Discontinued
- Estimated Dispatch: No longer available
- Manufacturer: Atco
- Delivery Charge: Free To UK Mainland
The Quattro 21SAH has a cast aluminium cutter deck that carries a 10 year anti-corrosion warranty and features a wash link for easy cleaning after use.
Out of stock
- Briggs & Stratton Oil Removal Pump | 992423The Briggs & Stratton Oil Removal Pump is used for the simple and safe removal of oil from all types of engines. This kit comes with a vacuum pump, 4 litre container with lids, hose with shut off clip and funnel.
- £6.99Lawnmaster Lawnmowers Direct 10W40 Oil – 1 LitreLawnmowers Direct 10W/40 is designed for use in all horticultural 4 stroke engines, both diesel and petrol where an oil of this quality is required.
- £7.10Honda Fuel Stabiliser 250ml 08CXZFSC250Honda fuel stabiliser specifically designed for Honda engines will help preserve all fuel properties during long term storage. This product is recommended for all engines running occasionally or for long term storage.
- Multi-Sharp Rotary Lawn Mower Blade SharpenerMulti-Sharps Rotary Mower Sharpener is designed to fit to any power drill and produces a sharp new cutting edge on rotary mower blades in minutes. Grinder can also be used to re-sharpen edges on spades, hoes, lawn-edgers and axes.
Some lawns are much easier to maintain than others. Mowing any lawn that could be described using words like “small”, “flat” and “rectangular”, for example, should be a fairly simple task for any half decent lawnmower. For lawns to which the terms “big”, “complicated” and/or “undulating” are applicable, however, many mowers simply won’t be up to the job. Such demanding situations require a machine like Atco’s Quattro 21SAH, a four-wheeled rotary lawnmower designed to offer power, manoeuvrability and versatility along with an outstanding finish in larger domestic gardens.
The Quattro 21SAH can prosper where other mowers falter in part because of its high performing Honda 160cc GCV160 OHC petrol engine. One of the lightest engines of its kind, the GCV160 incorporates an autochoke and a compact combustion chamber to ensure quick starting and exceptional fuel efficiency. The Quattro 21SAH will therefore deliver dependably powerful cutting performance even when faced with longer, rougher grass, while the single-speed self-propulsion system makes mowing in sloped areas reassuring effortless. An easily accessible one litre fuel tank and a traditional recoil starter, meanwhile, further ensure hassle-free operation.
The rest of the Quattro 21SAH’s setup is similarly primed for mowing in larger domestic gardens, with a cutting width of 53cm (21”) and a capacious 70 litre canvas grass collector supplied as standard. Versatile three-in-one cutting, meanwhile, means that the Quattro 21SAH is also perfect for mowing in gardens with varying turf conditions. The high capacity grass collector, for example, will handle all of your standard cut and collection work with ease, while for longer grass you can remove the collector for efficient collection-free mowing. Perhaps the best option offered by the Quattro 21SAH, however, is the mulching mode.
Activated by simply inserting the mulching plug into the rear discharge chute, mulching retains clippings in the cutting chamber for longer so that they are reduced to tiny particles. These miniscule fragments are then ejected onto the lawn where they release valuable nutrients and moisture to feed the grass roots, all while ensuring exceptional efficiency and a tidy finish into the bargain. Combined with the Quattro 21SAH’s seven-position cutting height adjustment system (featuring options from 30mm to 80mm), this versatile mower will therefore allow you to achieve a great finish in a range of settings.
But the Quattro 21SAH’s many virtues don’t end there. Its four smooth-running wheels, for instance, provide dependable stability even on undulating lawns or on rough ground, as well as making it easy to transport your mower to and from the garden shed. Likewise, its ergonomic handlebar – fitted with safety-enhancing Operator Presence Controls – makes the Quattro 21SAH easy to handle, while the inclusion of a wash link enables quick cleaning of the cutting deck after use. The Quattro 21SAH is therefore just as user-friendly as it is good at cutting grass, with a durable aluminium chassis and a five year manufacturer’s warranty ensuring many years of outstanding service.
• Powered by a high performance Honda 160cc GCV160 OHC four-stroke petrol engine, featuring a single-speed self-propulsion system for a steady forward speed of 3.7km/h
• Versatile three-in-one cutting (including standard cut and collection, rear discharge and mulching modes) ensures great results on all types of lawn
• An impressive working width of 53cm (21”) and a hard-topped 70 litre canvas grass collector combine for exceptional performance even when faced with heavy workloads
• Seven-position cutting height adjustment (featuring settings from 30mm to 80mm) is controlled via a single easy-access lever for added precision and ease of operation
• Mulching mode can be quickly activated for quick, collection-free cutting, with clippings recycled as a natural fertiliser to boost the long term health of your lawn
• Smooth-running wheels provide stability even on undulating or sloped lawns, working alongside an ergonomic OPC-enabled handlebar for superb convenience and safety
• Built with a durable aluminium chassis for outstanding toughness and supplied as standard with a five year manufacturer’s warranty for added peace of mind
|Engine/motor:||Honda GCV160 OHC|
|Power source:||Unleaded petrol|
|Cutting system:||Rotary blade|
|Cutting height:||30mm - 80mm|
In 1921 the first 900 petrol-powered Atco lawnmowers rolled off the production line at the Atco mowers factory in Birmingham and were delivered, believe it or not, by a man on a motorcycle with a specially developed side-car for transportation of these heavy machines. Things have moved on a little since then for Atco mowers, but one thing remains the same — the quality of the Atco mowers and products is as good as it ever was, and even though they expanded into different areas of the garden machinery market, it is their cylinder mowers that they are best know for. The Atco name is synonymous with the British gardening scene and the company has been awarded two Royal Warrants, the first in 1955 from Queen Elizabeth II and again in 1986, this time from HRH The Prince Of Wales.
Robert Bosch GmbH acquired Atco-Qualcast Ltd in 1995 and this brought a modern approach to the manufacturing process with the cylinder mowers that the company is famous for changing tremendously, becoming more light-weight with a marked increase in usability and performance; the introduction of the now famous QX Quick Exchange Cassette System, for instance, allows gardeners to change their lawn application needs without changing machine. Not happy with manufacturing the highest quality products, Atco leads the way in environmental compliance, being the first garden machinery manufacturer to be awarded the environmental management standard BS EN ISO 14001.
So why buy from Lawnmowers Direct?
Well firstly, we're pretty good at what we do. In fact, we'd class ourselves as experts. With more than 40 years experience supplying lawnmowers to both home users and professionals, we know what we're talking about. We pride ourselves on our high levels of customer service and we're happy to provide help and support throughout the process, from your initial decision making to after sales, servicing, repairs and spare parts. The service we're offering is a complete one, and unlike some other companies, we are specialists.
We know that not all our customers are looking for the same products, and that they come to us with different knowledge levels. We've built a Free Advice section to help you if you're not sure where to start looking, or you can use our search facility if you've more of an idea what you're looking for. If there's anything you can't find or you just need a little bit more help, feel free to Contact Us.
We hold an extensive stock between our two showrooms, and this means we can offer competitive pricing on everything we sell. If you've found the same product in stock for less on another website, we will try our best to match the offer.
All petrol machinery is checked before dispatch by our team of trained mechanics. While this means we can't always offer same day dispatch, it does mean you'll be getting a bit of kit which will definitely work. We know sometimes things go wrong, but we do our best to make sure they don't, and if you have any problems just get in touch with our customer service team who will be able to help fix it.
If you're not convinced, have a little look at our reviews.