Bertolini 401 2-Wheel Tractor with 95cm Scythe Cutter Bar
- Availability: Special Order Item
- Estimated Dispatch: Please email email@example.com for dispatch estimate
- Manufacturer: Bertolini
- Delivery Charge: Free To UK Mainland
Bertolinis 401 is a powerful two-wheeled tractor unit, supplied here with a 95cm cutter bar for effective mowing of long grass, brambles and other thick vegetation.
- Husqvarna Hearing Protectors with HeadbandThese effective hearing protectors are designed for use without a hard hat and feature a lightweight, flexible padded headband. With a noise reduction rating of 25dB, they mitigate the effects of environmental noise and prevent hearing damage.
- £7.10Honda Fuel Stabiliser 250ml 08CXZFSC250Honda fuel stabiliser specifically designed for Honda engines will help preserve all fuel properties during long term storage. This product is recommended for all engines running occasionally or for long term storage.
- Oregon Polycarbonate Protective Safety Glasses Q515069Keep safe with these light weight Oregon safety glasses. They're ergonomic design wraps around your eyes to maximise safety.
The best thing about Bertolini’s 401 is that it is essentially a two-wheeled tractor designed for home use, offering the same kind of versatility and power typical of professional machines in a reassuringly user-friendly package. This is because the 401 is compatible with an impressive range of compatible tools and attachments. This model, for example, is supplied with a powerful 95cm cutter bar for effective mowing of long grass, brambles and other thick vegetation, but thanks to a QuickFit coupling system you can quickly adapt the 401 for tilling, ploughing or whatever the task at hand, thus ensuring year-round practicality and brilliant performance throughout the garden and beyond.
The 95cm cutter bar supplied with this machine, for example, can be used to quickly cut grass in gardens (with the bar being wider than the wheel base to allow trimming around edges and borders inaccessible to conventional lawnmowers) but is also suitable for agricultural applications such as cutting hay or trimming longer grass along roadsides, as well as weeds on river and lake banks. This makes the 401 a great piece of equipment for smallholders and estate managers, but with other accessories including tiller attachments, a snow plough and a powered brush (available separately), homeowners, allotment holders and commercial users will also find plenty of ways to utilise of this powerful unit all year round.
Speaking of which, power is supplied via a hardworking 163cc Honda GX160 four-stroke petrol engine, featuring an overhead valve design which cools the engine for optimal performance and increased fuel efficiency. Made with a cast iron cylinder sleeve for proven reliability, the engine is just as dependable as the rest of the 401’s build, so you can rest assured of many years of dependable performance. This outstanding power is complemented by the inclusion of a two-speed gearbox (with oil-immersed gears) featuring forward and reverse modes. As well as increasing manoeuvrability in tight spaces, the extra control this offers allows you to work with magnificent precision for a pleasingly tidy finish.
The versatility of this machine is further underlined by the clever design of its handlebar, which can be reversed 180° depending on the currently attached accessory. The handlebar is also height-adjustable for added operator comfort, width-adjustable to help avoid treading on previously tilled ground and made with an effective anti-vibration system to ensure complete convenience during use. Unimpeded access to all controls (including the handlebar-mounted power take-off switch) further enhances ease of operation, so even less experienced users will find Bertolini’s 401 pleasingly straightforward to use. This powerful machine is therefore perfect for anyone looking for a versatile tool capable of performing a range of horticultural functions on larger plots of ground.
• Powered by a 163cc Honda GX160 four-stroke petrol engine, designed for fuel efficient, high output performance and built with a cast iron cylinder sleeve for proven reliability
• Fitted with a two-speed gearbox (with oil-immersed gears) for added manoeuvrability; featuring one forward gear and reverse for superb control at all times
• Two-wheeled tractor unit is supplied with a potent 95cm cutter bar for effective mowing of long grass, brambles and other thick vegetation
•Height- and width-adjustable handlebars can be reversed 180° depending on the currently attached accessory and feature a clever vibration-dampening system
• Additional convenient features include a QuickFit coupling system, power take-off controls on the handlebar and wheel track adjustment for extra stability in hilly areas
• Compatible with a range of optional accessories (available separately) for incredible year-round versatility, including a brush attachment, a plough and a snow blower
|Engine/motor:||163cc Honda GX160 OHV|
|Power source:||Unleaded petrol|
|Cutting system:||Reciprocating scythe bar|
|Warranty:||2-year domestic use|
About BertoliniBertolini was founded in 1953, at first producing pumps for the agricultural industry, and a year later expanded their range to include a mower, the Bertolini BFR 54. With their reputation for quality firmly established Bertolini went on to produce a range of cultivators and tillers that became the standard tool for the market gardeners and vineyard owners of the Mediterranean hillsides, favoured due to their outstanding durability in the hot and dusty conditions. Bertolini wheel tractor units gained a reputation as flexible and easy to use on rough terrain.
These cultivators became indispensable tools. It wasn't long before customers were asking for bespoke machinery to suit their particular horticultural needs, a demand that Bertolini were happy to answer until it became economically impossible to continue as manufacturing costs began to soar. More recently, the Emak Group acquired the Bertolini brand and since November 2008 awareness of the large range of tillers, cultivators, scythe cutter bar mowers, flail mowers and transporters has increased dramatically with the demand for their two-wheeled tractor units growing at-a-pace. The range of products available in the U.K. is still slightly limited, but with a rapid increase of interest in their excellent equipment, the Bertolini range of horticultural machinery is here to stay.
So why buy from Lawnmowers Direct?
Well firstly, we're pretty good at what we do. In fact, we'd class ourselves as experts. With more than 40 years experience supplying lawnmowers to both home users and professionals, we know what we're talking about. We pride ourselves on our high levels of customer service and we're happy to provide help and support throughout the process, from your initial decision making to after sales, servicing, repairs and spare parts. The service we're offering is a complete one, and unlike some other companies, we are specialists.
We know that not all our customers are looking for the same products, and that they come to us with different knowledge levels. We've built a Free Advice section to help you if you're not sure where to start looking, or you can use our search facility if you've more of an idea what you're looking for. If there's anything you can't find or you just need a little bit more help, feel free to Contact Us.
We hold an extensive stock between our two showrooms, and this means we can offer competitive pricing on everything we sell. If you've found the same product in stock for less on another website, we will try our best to match the offer.
All petrol machinery is checked before dispatch by our team of trained mechanics. While this means we can't always offer same day dispatch, it does mean you'll be getting a bit of kit which will definitely work. We know sometimes things go wrong, but we do our best to make sure they don't, and if you have any problems just get in touch with our customer service team who will be able to help fix it.
If you're not convinced, have a little look at our reviews.