Bertolini 401 Rotary Cultivator with 50cm Tiller Unit
- Availability: Special Order Item
- Estimated Dispatch: Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for dispatch estimate
- Manufacturer: Bertolini
- Delivery Charge: Free To UK Mainland
Designed for demanding home gardeners and use on private allotments, Bertolini’s 401 rotary cultivator stands out for its impressive functionality and unbeatable user-friendliness. The rotary cultivator with the 50cm tilling unit is useful for breaking up hardpan and controlling weeds.
- Husqvarna Hearing Protectors with HeadbandThese effective hearing protectors are designed for use without a hard hat and feature a lightweight, flexible padded headband. With a noise reduction rating of 25dB, they mitigate the effects of environmental noise and prevent hearing damage.
- £7.10Honda Fuel Stabiliser 250ml 08CXZFSC250Honda fuel stabiliser specifically designed for Honda engines will help preserve all fuel properties during long term storage. This product is recommended for all engines running occasionally or for long term storage.
- £4.99Oregon Polycarbonate Protective Safety Glasses Q515069Keep safe with these light weight Oregon safety glasses. They're ergonomic design wraps around your eyes to maximise safety.
Designed for demanding home gardeners and use on private allotments, Bertolini’s 401 rotary cultivator stands out for its impressive functionality and unbeatable user-friendliness. A two-wheeled tractor unit made to be easy to manoeuvre and operate, this version of the 401 comes complete with a 50cm tiller attachment for efficient soil cultivation in medium to large areas, but can also be used with a wide range of accessories (available separately) for truly magnificent versatility.
With power coming from a quiet running, superbly reliable 163cc Honda GX160 four-stroke petrol engine, featuring an overhead valve design for increased efficiency and enhanced cooling, the 401 packs more than enough punch to deal with prolonged periods of use and heavily compacted soil. Moreover, with its two-speed gearbox (with oil-immersed gears for exceptional reliability) offering forward and reverse options, the 401 is brilliantly manoeuvrable and easy to handle even in the trickiest situations. The inclusion of large wheels with high grip tyres also help in this regard, and the wheel track can even be adjusted for added stability on hilly terrain (so the 401 can also be used for tending to specialist crops).
Supplied as standard with a 50cm tiller attachment perfect for loosening and turning soil in preparation for planting or seeding, the 401 also features rotor depth adjustment controls for added precision and a maximum working depth of 16cm. This is ideally suited to working in medium to large gardens, while the working width can also be reduced to 35cm for extra precision in tight spaces. However, with a clever QuickFit coupling system and an impressively wide range of optional accessories the 401 is also a very flexible bit of kit capable of being used for tasks, ranging from mowing the lawn to clearing snow from paths and driveways. This means that you can make use of your Bertolini 401 all year round, even when the ground is frozen hard and impossible to till.
Despite being built primarily for power and toughness, with high quality components helping to ensure a long and reliable service life, the 401 is also reassuringly user-friendly. The handlebars, for example, offer easy access to all controls (including the power take-off) and are remarkably adaptable; as well as allowing the height and width to be adjusted for comfort, the handlebars can also be reversed 180° for use of a cutter bar (available separately) and feature an effective vibration-dampening system for consistently comfortable operation. As such even less experienced operators will be able to achieve outstanding results with this great piece of kit, with many years of supremely dependable performance assured thanks to its sturdy frame and high build quality.
Make sure you know which rotavator, tiller or cultivator is best for your garden and read our free article before you make your purchase.
• Powered by a hardworking 163cc Honda GX160 four-stroke petrol engine, featuring an overhead valve design for increased efficiency and optimal power at all times
• Two-speed transmission (one forward gear and reverse) with oil-immersed gears delivers outstanding manoeuvrability and maximum reliability in all situations
• Two-wheeled tractor unit comes with 50cm tiller attachment; also featuring rotor depth adjustment controls for added precision and a maximum working depth of 16cm
• Height- and width-adjustable handlebars can be reversed 180° and feature a vibration-dampening system to ensure comfortable operation
• Additional convenient features include a QuickFit coupling system, power take-off controls on the handlebar and wheel track adjustment for extra stability in hilly areas
• Compatible with a range of optional accessories (available separately) for incredible year-round versatility, including a brush attachment, a plough and a snow blower
|Engine/motor:||163cc Honda GX160 OHV|
|Power source:||Unleaded petrol|
|Gears:||1 forward/1 reverse|
About BertoliniBertolini was founded in 1953, at first producing pumps for the agricultural industry, and a year later expanded their range to include a mower, the Bertolini BFR 54. With their reputation for quality firmly established Bertolini went on to produce a range of cultivators and tillers that became the standard tool for the market gardeners and vineyard owners of the Mediterranean hillsides, favoured due to their outstanding durability in the hot and dusty conditions. Bertolini wheel tractor units gained a reputation as flexible and easy to use on rough terrain.
These cultivators became indispensable tools. It wasn't long before customers were asking for bespoke machinery to suit their particular horticultural needs, a demand that Bertolini were happy to answer until it became economically impossible to continue as manufacturing costs began to soar. More recently, the Emak Group acquired the Bertolini brand and since November 2008 awareness of the large range of tillers, cultivators, scythe cutter bar mowers, flail mowers and transporters has increased dramatically with the demand for their two-wheeled tractor units growing at-a-pace. The range of products available in the U.K. is still slightly limited, but with a rapid increase of interest in their excellent equipment, the Bertolini range of horticultural machinery is here to stay.
So why buy from Lawnmowers Direct?
Well firstly, we're pretty good at what we do. In fact, we'd class ourselves as experts. With more than 40 years experience supplying lawnmowers to both home users and professionals, we know what we're talking about. We pride ourselves on our high levels of customer service and we're happy to provide help and support throughout the process, from your initial decision making to after sales, servicing, repairs and spare parts. The service we're offering is a complete one, and unlike some other companies, we are specialists.
We know that not all our customers are looking for the same products, and that they come to us with different knowledge levels. We've built a Free Advice section to help you if you're not sure where to start looking, or you can use our search facility if you've more of an idea what you're looking for. If there's anything you can't find or you just need a little bit more help, feel free to Contact Us.
We hold an extensive stock between our two showrooms, and this means we can offer competitive pricing on everything we sell. If you've found the same product in stock for less on another website, we will try our best to match the offer.
All petrol machinery is checked before dispatch by our team of trained mechanics. While this means we can't always offer same day dispatch, it does mean you'll be getting a bit of kit which will definitely work. We know sometimes things go wrong, but we do our best to make sure they don't, and if you have any problems just get in touch with our customer service team who will be able to help fix it.
If you're not convinced, have a little look at our reviews.