Billy Goat QV550 QuietVac Push Litter Vacuum
- Availability: Available
- Estimated Dispatch: 4 - 6 working days
- Manufacturer: Billy Goat
- Delivery Charge: Free To UK Mainland
A hand-propelled leaf and litter vacuum which is perfect for use in busy urban environments, clearing unwanted clutter from streets and parks without the troublesome noise you might expect from such a powerful machine.
- Billy Goat Quiet Vac 5″ x 10′ On-Board Hose Kit (831018)A handy hose kit designed for Billy Goat's QV commercial grade lawn vacuums, enabling efficient clearance of leaves, dirt and litter in otherwise hard to reach areas.
- Billy Goat Quiet Vac Standard Debris Bag (831617)A spacious 136 litre collection bag available as a spare or replacement for the bag supplied with Billy Goat's QV commercial grade leaf and litter vacuums. The QV debris bag is tough, generously proportioned and easy to fit, filtering dust as you work.
Even household vacuum cleaners are not traditionally known for being quiet, so combine that with a powerful petrol engine and you’d probably expect a fairly noisy machine, yes? Well, usually you’d be right, but Billy Goat’s QUIETVAC™ four-wheeled outdoor vacuums are something a little bit special. Recognised as the world’s quietest leaf and litter vacuums, the machines in the QUIETVAC™ range offer brilliantly effective clearance of leaves, rubbish and dirt with a noise level of only 77dBA at the operator’s ear. This makes machines such as the hand-propelled QV550 perfect for use in busy urban environments, allowing you to keep city streets, parks and other pedestrian areas clear of unwanted clutter but without the troublesome noise you might expect from such a powerful piece of kit.
Part of the reason for the low-noise performance of the QV550 is the clever design of its fan housing, but the Lo-Tone™ Muffler used in the construction of the hardworking 205cc Briggs & Stratton VANGUARD™ four-stroke petrol engine doesn’t hurt either. It’s not just in terms of volume that the QV550 breaks new ground, however, with a unique volute housing and fan system providing the best suction power of any litter vacuum on the market today. This clever design means that the QV550 also utilises a state-of-the-art cyclonic filtration system, which when combined with the supplied ‘Dust Sock’ dramatically reduces dust in dry conditions (dust sock can be removed if working in wet conditions). Thus, there are few professional quality machines which offer quite such impressive user-friendliness as the QV550.
Convenience isn’t everything though, so you’ll undoubtedly be happy to hear that the QV550 is also spectacularly good at its job. An 83.8cm working width, for example, means that even heavier workloads can be tackled with ease, while the QV550’s powerful six-blade impeller fan reduces dry leaves and other light material by a ratio of up to 12:1, thus making the very most of the (impressively large) 136 litre collection bag. To aid with disposal of collected material the collector also features an easy to use latch system, thereby removing the hassle of unclipping fiddly clasps or using sticky zippers. Equally handy is the QV550’s height adjustment system (offering working heights from 1.25cm to 7.5cm), which enables quick conversion for use on both turf and hard surfaces.
A hand-propelled model, the QV550 is fitted with two large rear wheels with high-grip tyres, along with two front-mounted casters, which work to ensure exceptional manoeuvrability on all terrain. This added control also makes it easy to negotiate complicated borders and avoid potentially hazardous obstacles. The QV550 is therefore ideal for any situation in which complete control is a priority, with a handy collapsible on-board hose kit (available separately) providing even more precision. Thus, when faced with tough commercial clearance work in busy towns and cities, Billy Goat’s QV550 is truly hard to beat.
• Powered by a hardworking 205cc Briggs & Stratton VANGUARD™ four-stroke petrol engine, featuring a Lo-Tone™ Muffler for superbly quiet running performance
• Offers the quietest performance of any leaf vacuum in the business (only 77dBA at the operator’s ear) for exceptional convenience when working in urban and residential areas
• Featuring an 83.8cm working width and fitted with an impressively powerful six-blade impeller fan which shreds dead leaves and light debris as you work
• Supplied as standard with a high capacity 136 litre collection bag, with state-of-the-art cyclonic filtration and a clever ‘Dust Sock’ dramatically reducing dust in dry conditions
• Also featuring a handy height adjustment system (offering working heights from 1.25cm to 7.5cm) which provides great versatility on a wide range of surfaces
• Hand-propelled for added control in tricky areas, with large rear tyres and front casters ensuring remarkable manoeuvrability on both turf and hard surfaces
• Compatible with a variety of optional accessories (available separately), including a handy collapsible on-board hose kit for added convenience when vacuuming in tight corners
|Engine:||205cc Briggs & Stratton Vanguard|
|Impeller:||6-bladed 1/4" steel|
|Height adjustment:||1.25cm - 7.5cm|
About Billy GoatA long-time market leader in debris management systems, Billy Goat was formed in 1967 as a subsidiary of Clipper Manufacturing. Gaining independence two years later, the company moved to its current manufacturing and logistical H.Q. of Lee's Summit, Missouri in 1974 and is presently owned and managed by the Coates family. The company has built its reputation on a foundation of producing products that not only outperform their rivals but also outlast them. Billy Goat are happy to admit that their products are tested rigorously before they reach the market place and this is probably the reason that they last for so long; many pieces of Billy Goat equipment are know to last for more than 15-years before they need replacing.
The products they are best know for in the U.K. are their wheeled vacuums, designed to collect fallen leaves and other garden debris which, normally speaking, is not a task that many gardeners look forward to each year. The Billy Goat range of wheeled vacuums is more comprehensive than any other available today with a machine to suit any size garden or budget, from the diminutive but effective Little Billy to the KV Series of machines designed for large property owners. Professional ground-care workers are not forgotten either with the impressive Multi-Vac commercial vacuums, not only capable of working all day to clear large parks and municipal areas but also at home in the biggest of domestic gardens.
So why buy from Lawnmowers Direct?
Well firstly, we're pretty good at what we do. In fact, we'd class ourselves as experts. With more than 40 years experience supplying lawnmowers to both home users and professionals, we know what we're talking about. We pride ourselves on our high levels of customer service and we're happy to provide help and support throughout the process, from your initial decision making to after sales, servicing, repairs and spare parts. The service we're offering is a complete one, and unlike some other companies, we are specialists.
We know that not all our customers are looking for the same products, and that they come to us with different knowledge levels. We've built a Free Advice section to help you if you're not sure where to start looking, or you can use our search facility if you've more of an idea what you're looking for. If there's anything you can't find or you just need a little bit more help, feel free to Contact Us.
We hold an extensive stock between our two showrooms, and this means we can offer competitive pricing on everything we sell. If you've found the same product in stock for less on another website, we will try our best to match the offer.
All petrol machinery is checked before dispatch by our team of trained mechanics. While this means we can't always offer same day dispatch, it does mean you'll be getting a bit of kit which will definitely work. We know sometimes things go wrong, but we do our best to make sure they don't, and if you have any problems just get in touch with our customer service team who will be able to help fix it.
If you're not convinced, have a little look at our reviews.