Billy Goat QV550HSP QuietVac Self-Propelled Litter Vacuum
- Availability: In Stock
- Estimated Dispatch: 1 - 2 working days
- Manufacturer: Billy Goat
- Delivery Charge: Free To UK Mainland
A four-wheeled leaf and litter vacuum packed with innovative features. Self-propelled and powered by a hardworking Honda four-stroke petrol engine, this quiet, powerful, reassuringly user-friendly machine is ideal for all municipal clean-up operations.
- Billy Goat Quiet Vac 5″ x 10′ On-Board Hose Kit (831018)A handy hose kit designed for Billy Goat's QV commercial grade lawn vacuums, enabling efficient clearance of leaves, dirt and litter in otherwise hard to reach areas.
- Billy Goat Quiet Vac Standard Debris Bag (831617)A spacious 136 litre collection bag available as a spare or replacement for the bag supplied with Billy Goat's QV commercial grade leaf and litter vacuums. The QV debris bag is tough, generously proportioned and easy to fit, filtering dust as you work.
It’s lucky that the term ‘ground-breaking’ is only a metaphor, as otherwise Billy Goat’s superb QV550HSP would probably have caused a major tectonic event the moment it rolled off the production line. Billy Goat’s status as industry leaders when it comes to wheeled outdoor vacuums such as this fine machine means that there truly are few other companies producing comparable equipment, with a range of innovative features included on the QV550HSP designed to make even the toughest municipal clearance work pleasingly hassle-free.
We’ll begin our tour of the QV550HSP’s envelope-pushing attributes by considering the unique spiralled design of the housing and fan system. As well as boosting suction power, the volute design also allows the QV550HSP to utilise a state-of-the-art cyclonic filtration system to dramatically reduce dust levels in dry conditions. In combination with the inclusion of a large ‘Dust Sock’ and an integrated dust skirt (dust sock should be removed when working in wet conditions), this means that you should be able to clear litter and loose debris from dusty and sandy schoolyards, car parks and other tarmacked areas in complete comfort.
Equally exceptional is the QV550HSP’s low-noise performance, with a noise level of only 79dBA at the operator’s ear providing brilliant user-friendliness and making the QV550HSP ideal for use in busy urban environments. This is in part attributable to the quiet running power provided by the QV550HSP’s hi-tech160cc Honda GX160 four-stroke petrol engine. Precision engineered for consistently remarkable performance over time, the GX160 also features a number of new enhancements to the muffler, breather valve and case cover, all of which reduce the noise level further. As such, the QV550HSP is truly a world-beater when it comes to keeping paths, roads and other public areas tidy without disturbing those nearby.
Capable of boasting an 83.8cm working width and fitted with an impressively powerful six-blade impeller fan which shreds material as it is collected, the QV550HSP is also perfectly suited to tackling heavier workloads (such as in the autumn, when deep drifts of fallen leaves can cause a hazard on pavements and driveways). It is fortunate, then, that this impressive machine is also supplied with a massive 136 litre collection bag, providing more than enough space to ensure trips to dispose of collected material will be conveniently infrequent. Moreover, the collector also features an easy to use latch system, thus eliminating the need for fiddly zippers and clasps and providing quick and easy access to the collector as and when you need it.
To make even the toughest commercial cleanup work remarkably effortless the QV550HSP also features a handy self-propulsion system. This comes into its own on rough, undulating or uneven ground, making it much easier to traverse such terrain than it would be with a hand-propelled machine. With the infinitely fine speed adjustment offered by the QV550HSP’s hydrostatic transmission, however, the self-propulsion system also provides exceptional on-the-go control; low speeds are particularly handy when negotiating complicated borders or areas replete with trees and other obstacles, but with the throttle lever easily accessible from the operator’s position you can smoothly increase the speed up to a maximum of 3mph when crossing large open areas. Moreover, with a handy height adjustment system (offering working heights between 1.25cm and 7.5cm) combining with the QV550HSP’s large rear tyres and front casters, you can be assured of superlative manoeuvrability on both lawns and hard surfaces.
With a range of optional accessories also available, including a handy collapsible on-board hose kit for vacuuming debris in hard to reach areas, and a parking brake kit for added security when working on slopes, Billy Goat’s QV550HSP provides a superb solution to any urban cleanup problem.
• Driven by a hardworking 160cc Honda GX160 four-stroke petrol engine, precision engineered for smooth running and exceptionally quiet power
• Intelligent design ensures a noise level of only 79dBA at the operator’s ear, providing pleasingly quiet performance ideal for use in busy urban environments
• Self-propulsion system provides magnificent convenience when working on rough or uneven ground, with hydrostatic transmission ensuring complete control at all times
• Volute housing and fan system design optimises suction power, with state-of-the-art cyclonic filtration and a clever ‘Dust Sock’ dramatically reducing dust for added comfort and convenience
• Boasting an 83.8cm working width and fitted with an impressively powerful six-blade impeller fan which shreds dead leaves and light debris as you work
• Also featuring an impressively large 136 litre collection bag, with an easy to use latch system included to facilitate quick and efficient disposal of collected material
• Fitted with a handy height adjustment system (offering working heights between 1.25cm and 7.5cm), along with large rear tyres and front casters for remarkable manoeuvrability on both turf and hard surfaces
• Compatible with a variety of optional accessories (available separately), including a handy collapsible on-board hose kit and a parking brake kit
|Engine:||160cc Honda GX160|
|Impeller:||6-bladed 1/4" steel|
|Drive system:||Self propelled|
|Height adjustment:||1.25cm - 7.5cm|
About Billy GoatA long-time market leader in debris management systems, Billy Goat was formed in 1967 as a subsidiary of Clipper Manufacturing. Gaining independence two years later, the company moved to its current manufacturing and logistical H.Q. of Lee's Summit, Missouri in 1974 and is presently owned and managed by the Coates family. The company has built its reputation on a foundation of producing products that not only outperform their rivals but also outlast them. Billy Goat are happy to admit that their products are tested rigorously before they reach the market place and this is probably the reason that they last for so long; many pieces of Billy Goat equipment are know to last for more than 15-years before they need replacing.
The products they are best know for in the U.K. are their wheeled vacuums, designed to collect fallen leaves and other garden debris which, normally speaking, is not a task that many gardeners look forward to each year. The Billy Goat range of wheeled vacuums is more comprehensive than any other available today with a machine to suit any size garden or budget, from the diminutive but effective Little Billy to the KV Series of machines designed for large property owners. Professional ground-care workers are not forgotten either with the impressive Multi-Vac commercial vacuums, not only capable of working all day to clear large parks and municipal areas but also at home in the biggest of domestic gardens.
So why buy from Lawnmowers Direct?
Well firstly, we're pretty good at what we do. In fact, we'd class ourselves as experts. With more than 40 years experience supplying lawnmowers to both home users and professionals, we know what we're talking about. We pride ourselves on our high levels of customer service and we're happy to provide help and support throughout the process, from your initial decision making to after sales, servicing, repairs and spare parts. The service we're offering is a complete one, and unlike some other companies, we are specialists.
We know that not all our customers are looking for the same products, and that they come to us with different knowledge levels. We've built a Free Advice section to help you if you're not sure where to start looking, or you can use our search facility if you've more of an idea what you're looking for. If there's anything you can't find or you just need a little bit more help, feel free to Contact Us.
We hold an extensive stock between our two showrooms, and this means we can offer competitive pricing on everything we sell. If you've found the same product in stock for less on another website, we will try our best to match the offer.
All petrol machinery is checked before dispatch by our team of trained mechanics. While this means we can't always offer same day dispatch, it does mean you'll be getting a bit of kit which will definitely work. We know sometimes things go wrong, but we do our best to make sure they don't, and if you have any problems just get in touch with our customer service team who will be able to help fix it.
If you're not convinced, have a little look at our reviews.