Bosch GFR 42 Professional Battery Powered Line Trimmer
- Availability: Available
- Estimated Dispatch: 4 - 6 working days
- Manufacturer: Bosch
- Delivery Charge: Free To UK Mainland
Bosch’s GFR 42 Professional cordless line trimmer is powered via a 36V/6.0Ah lithium-ion battery and equipped as standard with a semi-automatic dual nylon line trimmer head with a cutting width of 42cm.
- Bosch GBA 36V/6.0Ah Professional Lithium Ion BatteryThe GBA 36V/6.0Ah Professional Battery is quick-charging, suitable for all-weather use and powerful enough for commercial applications. Featuring CoolPack cooling fins, these batteries can be recharged approximately 1,000 times with no loss of power.
- £185.00Bosch AL 36100 CV Professional Battery ChargerThe Bosch AL 36100 CV Battery Charger is an essential part of the Bosch Professional tool system. Designed with aluminium fins to cool the battery while it charges, the AL 36100 CV provides a charge level of 80% in only 30 minutes and 100% in 42 minutes.
- Oregon 90156E Yellow Roundline 2.4mm x 90m Strimmer LineThe famous Oregon yellow line is the benchmark in the industry with high fray resistance in all weather conditions. 2.4mm x 90m Strimmer Line.
PLEASE NOTE: This machine comes without batteries and charger which must be purchased seperately.
Bosch’s GFR 42 Professional is something very special indeed; a battery-powered line trimmer capable of producing professional quality results when used for tough commercial grass cutting applications, but without the noise, fumes and expenses of running a petrol tool. This hardworking cordless brushcutter therefore offers freedom to roam, convenience and effective cutting performance almost unprecedented among battery-powered tools before now, so anyone seeking to modernise their commercial landscaping business should invest in the GFR 42 Professional as soon as is practically possible.
The reason that the GFR 42 Professional stands out from the competition is that Bosch has spent the past few years developing a unique EC brushless motor system and a 36V/6.0Ah lithium-ion battery quite unlike any seen before. The hi-tech brushless motor in the GFR 42 Professional, for instance, features an innovative electronic controller to minimise moving parts, thereby reducing service requirements and boosting efficiency.
The battery, meanwhile, offers up to 60 minutes of run time on a single charge, while re-charging to capacity in only 42 minutes. An integrated LCD screen, moreover, makes it easy to keep track of the current charge level while you are working, with ‘CoolPack’ aluminium cooling extending the battery lifetime to ensure approximately 1,000 charges with no loss of performance. Combined with a sealed cell design which makes these batteries suitable for use in all weather conditions, this means that the GFR 42 Professional is ideal for uninterrupted cutting over long working days (especially if you have a spare battery charging while one is in use).
Additional advantages of battery power include the complete absence of harmful exhaust fumes and remarkably low noise levels of only 93dB(A). As such the GFR 42 Professional will allow you to work in noise-sensitive areas, such as public parks, school playing fields and hospital grounds, without any risk of causing a disturbance. The significantly reduced vibration levels during operation (less than 0.8m/s), moreover, mean that using this powerful brushcutter practically eliminates the risk posed by hand-arm vibration syndrome.
Equipped as standard with a semi-automatic dual nylon line trimmer head for a cutting swathe of 42cm (16.5”), the GFR 42 Professional enables quick clearance of long grass and weeds even in difficult-to-access areas. In open spaces this is aided by the inclusion of bike-style handlebars, with all controls handily located on one handle, designed to optimise working posture and enable an efficient ‘scything’ motion. Equally handy in the efficiency stakes are the trimmer head’s quick-loading mechanism and semi-automatic ‘Bump & Go’ style line advancement, each of which will save time while you work. Should you need to take on any tough undergrowth, however, the GFR 42 Professional is also compatible with a metal brushcutter blade (available separately).
As the GFR 42 Professional weighs only 6.5kg and features a perfectly balanced design, it is reassuringly easy to manoeuvre. Freedom of movement and precision of cutting is increased further still by the inclusion of a fully adjustable harness with every machine, so regardless of the terrain at hand the GFR 42 Professional will allow you to work without impediment.
And since the GFR 42 Professional is covered by Bosch’s three year manufacturer’s warranty – with a two year premium service also available for batteries – you can rest assured of many years of dependable performance. Given the savings you will make on fuel and maintenance over the lifetime of this outstanding tool it will even pay for itself eventually, so no hardworking landscape gardener or professional contractor can afford to be without Bosch’s GFR 42 Professional for long.
Don’t miss out on Bosch’s special promotion for extra battery power at https://www.alldaycordlesspower.com/welcome.
- Powered via Bosch’s EC brushless motor system and a 36V/6.0Ah lithium-ion battery for efficient cutting performance and up to 60 minutes run time on a single charge
- Battery power ensures quiet (93dB(A)), fume-free cutting suitable for use in areas where noisier petrol tools would cause a disturbance, such as school and hospital grounds
- Sealed battery cells ensure all-weather operation, with an integrated LCD display included to enable quick checking of the charge level to help you plan your working day
- Equipped as standard with a semi-automatic dual nylon line trimmer head for a cutting swathe of 42cm (16.5”) and efficient clearance of long grass in open areas
- Trimmer head features a quick-loading mechanism and a semi-automatic ‘Bump & Go’ style line advancement system for superb convenience while you work
- Supplied with an adjustable harness and bike-style handlebars, which combine with low vibration levels (<0.8m/s) for complete manoeuvrability and comfort during operation
- Covered by Bosch’s three year manufacturer’s warranty - with a two year premium service available for batteries - to ensure unbeatable reliability and a longer service life
|Engine/motor:||Bosch EC brushless motor system|
|Power source:||36V/6.0Ah lithium-ion batteries|
|Fuel tank capacity:||N/a|
|Cutting System:||Nylon line|
About BoschSince the humble beginnings in Stuttgart, 1886, when Robert Bosch formed his own business manufacturing electronic components, the ‘Workshop for Precision Mechanics and Electrical Engineering' has become one of the biggest and best known manufacturers of domestic and industrial electrical products in the world. The willingness to improve on established designs started almost immediately and it is this ethos that has kept Bosch GmbH and Bosch lawnmowers ahead of their rivals ever since. This innovation is quite apparent in the present range of Bosch lawnmowers and garden products that include tools no other garden machinery manufacturer produces.
Whatever size your garden, there is bound to be a Bosch lawnmower to suit it. The Bosch Rotak electric and cordless mowers exemplify the company’s willingness to innovate with features such as grass combs that enable mowing up to the edges of lawn borders and rechargeable lithium-ion batteries with virtually no drop-off in performance after extended use. Aside from Bosch lawnmowers, notable inventions are the Ciso Cordless Secateur and Isio Cordless Shrub Shear, tools that allow users with physical weaknesses to carryout day-to-day gardening tasks without discomfort. There is no doubt that if a garden tool can be improved upon, Robert Bosch GmbH is probably designing its successor already.
So why buy from Lawnmowers Direct?
Well firstly, we're pretty good at what we do. In fact, we'd class ourselves as experts. With more than 40 years experience supplying lawnmowers to both home users and professionals, we know what we're talking about. We pride ourselves on our high levels of customer service and we're happy to provide help and support throughout the process, from your initial decision making to after sales, servicing, repairs and spare parts. The service we're offering is a complete one, and unlike some other companies, we are specialists.
We know that not all our customers are looking for the same products, and that they come to us with different knowledge levels. We've built a Free Advice section to help you if you're not sure where to start looking, or you can use our search facility if you've more of an idea what you're looking for. If there's anything you can't find or you just need a little bit more help, feel free to Contact Us.
We hold an extensive stock between our two showrooms, and this means we can offer competitive pricing on everything we sell. If you've found the same product in stock for less on another website, we will try our best to match the offer.
All petrol machinery is checked before dispatch by our team of trained mechanics. While this means we can't always offer same day dispatch, it does mean you'll be getting a bit of kit which will definitely work. We know sometimes things go wrong, but we do our best to make sure they don't, and if you have any problems just get in touch with our customer service team who will be able to help fix it.
If you're not convinced, have a little look at our reviews.