Bosch GRA 48 Professional Battery Lawnmower
- Availability: Discontinued
- Estimated Dispatch: No longer available
- Manufacturer: Bosch
- Delivery Charge: Free To UK Mainland
Bosch’s GRA 48 Professional offers exceptional cutting performance without the emissions of operating a petrol machine. A cutting width of 48cm and 69 litre grass catcher make this machine the future of intensive lawn maintenance.
Out of stock
- £185.00Bosch AL 36100 CV Professional Battery ChargerThe Bosch AL 36100 CV Battery Charger is an essential part of the Bosch Professional tool system. Designed with aluminium fins to cool the battery while it charges, the AL 36100 CV provides a charge level of 80% in only 30 minutes and 100% in 42 minutes.
- Bosch GBA 36V/6.0Ah Professional Lithium Ion BatteryThe GBA 36V/6.0Ah Professional Battery is quick-charging, suitable for all-weather use and powerful enough for commercial applications. Featuring CoolPack cooling fins, these batteries can be recharged approximately 1,000 times with no loss of power.
- Multi-Sharp Rotary Lawn Mower Blade SharpenerMulti-Sharps Rotary Mower Sharpener is designed to fit to any power drill and produces a sharp new cutting edge on rotary mower blades in minutes. Grinder can also be used to re-sharpen edges on spades, hoes, lawn-edgers and axes.
PLEASE NOTE: This machine comes without batteries and charger which must be purchased seperately.
Professional contractors and landscapers who regularly use power tools have to put up with a lot of stuff in their working lives; noisy petrol engines, choking on toxic exhaust fumes, increased risk of suffering hand-arm vibration syndrome… the list goes on. All of these problems, however, can be easily avoided by using battery-powered tools. Bosch’s GRA 48 Professional, for instance, is a commercial-grade pedestrian lawnmower designed specifically to replace old-fashioned petrol tools, thereby saving professional users from the hassle, expense and potential long-term health issues related to using petrol lawnmowers.
Once upon a time this would not have been possible, as battery-driven lawnmowers simply weren’t powerful enough to withstand the rigours of professional lawn maintenance. With the introduction of Bosch’s new Professional range of horticultural tools, however, this has all changed. The GRA 48 Professional features Bosch’s unique 36V/6.0Ah lithium-ion batteries and EC brushless motor system, which together provide the same levels of performance as a petrol machine but without the fumes, noise and vibrations which make petrol equipment deeply impractical in many situations.
The GRA 48 Professional boasts noise (91dB(A)) and vibration (0.59m/s) levels which make comparable petrol lawnmowers seem slightly ridiculous by comparison, which as well as making the GRA 48 easier to operate also ensures that it can be used in noise-sensitive areas (such as school playing fields, hospital grounds and public parks) without causing a disturbance. The lack of exhaust fumes is similarly reassuring, making the GRA 48 Professional better for you and those in the surrounding environment.
Not needing to stop and refuel is also a great time saver, especially if you have a spare set of batteries charging while you work to guarantee uninterrupted cutting. This is possible because these fast-charging batteries reach full charge in only forty-two minutes, while a tough, weatherproof design means they are suitable for use in all conditions. And since Bosch’ long-lasting batteries ensure 45 and 60 minutes of run time on a single charge, the GRA 48 Professional can easily compete with comparable petrol lawnmowers.
Furthermore, CoolPack technology is included to ensure a battery lifetime of approximately 1,000 hours with no loss of performance. These batteries will therefore save you money; re-charging is much cheaper and less hassle than refuelling, so with five hours of use per day Bosch estimates that the GRA 48 Professional can save you up to £650 a year. When combined with the reduced service demands offered by an electric motor compared to a petrol engine, this means that the GRA 48 Professional will eventually pay for itself!
Since there is no fuel to worry about spilling you can also tip the GRA 48 on its side for servicing or use it on steep embankments. And since the batteries also feature an integrated LCD display it is always easy to keep track of the charge level of each battery while you work. (We’re sorry if we sound a little over-excited but these really are very, very good batteries).
Moving on to performance, the quick-starting GRA 48 Professional’s 48cm (19”) cutting width and self-propulsion system mean that it offers fuss-free cutting on all medium to large lawns. A conveniently positioned twist grip throttle enables smooth speed adjustment between 2.6km/h and 5.0km/h, so even larger lawns can be mown without the work becoming a chore, while centralised height of cut adjustment between 20mm and 70mm further allows you to customise the GRA 48’s performance to suit the conditions at hand. The inclusion of a 69 litre high-airflow grass catcher, moreover, collects more than 99% of clippings to ensure an immaculately tidy finish (though an optional mulching kit is also available for efficient collection-free mowing).
The GRA 48 Professional is also suitably rugged for a commercial-grade lawnmower, featuring a corrosion-resistant aluminium deck and large, high-traction wheels to ensure dependable performance even in the toughest working conditions. Combined with Bosch’s three year manufacturer’s warranty – with a two year premium service available for the 36V/6.0Ah lithium-ion batteries – this means that the GRA 48 Professional will offer many years of reliable service even when used for intensive applications.
To summarise, then, Bosch’s GRA 48 Professional offers reliably superb cutting performance but without half of the noise, none of the fumes and significantly reduced vibration levels compared to a petrol lawnmower. What we have here is therefore the future of commercial lawn maintenance. And it turns out that the future is battery-powered.
Don’t miss out on Bosch’s special promotion for extra battery power at https://www.alldaycordlesspower.com/welcome.
- Driven by Bosch’s bespoke EC brushless motor system and two 36V/6.0Ah lithium-ion batteries for unbeatable efficiency and professional-quality performance
- Batteries offer between 45 and 60 minutes of run time on a single charge, thereby ensuring performance equivalent to that of a petrol lawnmower with a full tank of fuel
- Also featuring a conveniently positioned twist grip throttle to enable smooth adjustment of the self-propulsion system between 2.6km/h and 5.0km/h
- Offers a cutting width of 48cm (19”) and supplied as standard with a 69 litre grass catcher for effective cutting on medium to large lawns
- Height of cut adjustment between 20mm and 70mm is available via an easy-to-use centralised lever system to ensure precision cutting regardless of the conditions at hand
- Low noise (91dB(A)) and vibration (0.59m/s) levels combine with fume-free performance for guaranteed operator comfort and convenience even during long working days
- An easy-to-fit mulching kit is available as an optional extra to enable efficient collection-free mowing which fertilises the lawn as you mow
- Weatherproof design allows for operation in all conditions, combining with a tough aluminium deck and a three year manufacturer’s warranty for superb dependability
|Engine/motor:||Bosch EC brushless motor system|
|Power source:||36V/6.0Ah lithium-ion batteries (x2)|
|Cutting system:||Metal blade|
|Cutting height:||20mm - 70mm|
|Collection bag:||Fabric 69-litre|
About BoschSince the humble beginnings in Stuttgart, 1886, when Robert Bosch formed his own business manufacturing electronic components, the ‘Workshop for Precision Mechanics and Electrical Engineering' has become one of the biggest and best known manufacturers of domestic and industrial electrical products in the world. The willingness to improve on established designs started almost immediately and it is this ethos that has kept Bosch GmbH and Bosch lawnmowers ahead of their rivals ever since. This innovation is quite apparent in the present range of Bosch lawnmowers and garden products that include tools no other garden machinery manufacturer produces.
Whatever size your garden, there is bound to be a Bosch lawnmower to suit it. The Bosch Rotak electric and cordless mowers exemplify the company’s willingness to innovate with features such as grass combs that enable mowing up to the edges of lawn borders and rechargeable lithium-ion batteries with virtually no drop-off in performance after extended use. Aside from Bosch lawnmowers, notable inventions are the Ciso Cordless Secateur and Isio Cordless Shrub Shear, tools that allow users with physical weaknesses to carryout day-to-day gardening tasks without discomfort. There is no doubt that if a garden tool can be improved upon, Robert Bosch GmbH is probably designing its successor already.
So why buy from Lawnmowers Direct?
Well firstly, we're pretty good at what we do. In fact, we'd class ourselves as experts. With more than 40 years experience supplying lawnmowers to both home users and professionals, we know what we're talking about. We pride ourselves on our high levels of customer service and we're happy to provide help and support throughout the process, from your initial decision making to after sales, servicing, repairs and spare parts. The service we're offering is a complete one, and unlike some other companies, we are specialists.
We know that not all our customers are looking for the same products, and that they come to us with different knowledge levels. We've built a Free Advice section to help you if you're not sure where to start looking, or you can use our search facility if you've more of an idea what you're looking for. If there's anything you can't find or you just need a little bit more help, feel free to Contact Us.
We hold an extensive stock between our two showrooms, and this means we can offer competitive pricing on everything we sell. If you've found the same product in stock for less on another website, we will try our best to match the offer.
All petrol machinery is checked before dispatch by our team of trained mechanics. While this means we can't always offer same day dispatch, it does mean you'll be getting a bit of kit which will definitely work. We know sometimes things go wrong, but we do our best to make sure they don't, and if you have any problems just get in touch with our customer service team who will be able to help fix it.
If you're not convinced, have a little look at our reviews.