Bosch GRA 53 Professional Battery Powered Lawnmower
- Availability: Currently Unavailable
- Estimated Dispatch: Production issue
- Manufacturer: Bosch
- Delivery Charge: Free To UK Mainland
Bosch’s cordless GRA 53 Professional lawnmower boasts a working width of 53cm and a 75 litre grass catcher. EC brushless motor technology and two 36V/6.0Ah lithium-ion batteries offer professional performance without the emissions of a petrol machine.
- Bosch GBA 36V/6.0Ah Professional Lithium Ion BatteryThe GBA 36V/6.0Ah Professional Battery is quick-charging, suitable for all-weather use and powerful enough for commercial applications. Featuring CoolPack cooling fins, these batteries can be recharged approximately 1,000 times with no loss of power.
- £185.00Bosch AL 36100 CV Professional Battery ChargerThe Bosch AL 36100 CV Battery Charger is an essential part of the Bosch Professional tool system. Designed with aluminium fins to cool the battery while it charges, the AL 36100 CV provides a charge level of 80% in only 30 minutes and 100% in 42 minutes.
- Multi-Sharp Rotary Lawn Mower Blade SharpenerMulti-Sharps Rotary Mower Sharpener is designed to fit to any power drill and produces a sharp new cutting edge on rotary mower blades in minutes. Grinder can also be used to re-sharpen edges on spades, hoes, lawn-edgers and axes.
PLEASE NOTE: This machine comes without batteries and charger which must be purchased seperately.
Petrol-burning tools are noisy and produce clouds of toxic exhaust fumes which pollute the environment and damage the health of the user. Petrol tools are also notorious for their high vibration levels, which is a major cause of hand-arm vibration syndrome among commercial contractors and grounds maintenance professionals. But Bosch has dedicated the past few years to developing a viable professional-quality alternative to old-fashioned petrol lawnmowers, resulting in the cordless GRA 53 Professional, so the hazards of using a petrol lawnmower over long working days may well now be a thing of the past.
The GRA 53 Professional is quite possibly one of the first battery-powered pedestrian lawnmowers truly capable of competing with petrol equipment when it comes to intensive commercial lawn maintenance applications. It can do this because it is driven via Bosch’s unique EC brushless motor technology and two 36V/6.0Ah lithium-ion batteries. Bosch’s brushless motors, for instance, include fewer moving parts and instead rely on an electronic controller system, so are significantly more efficient than any conventional electric motor. This simplified design also reduces service requirements, decreasing expenses and boosting reliability over the lifetime of your machine.
Bosch’s batteries, meanwhile, are even more impressive; developed from scratch by world-leading engineers, these hi-tech sealed-cell batteries deliver consistently high-torque cutting performance and between 45 and 60 minutes of run time on a single charge (roughly equivalent to a petrol machine on a full tank of petrol). Fitted with aluminium CoolPack cooling fins for a long lifetime (roughly 1,000 charges with no loss of power) and weatherproofed to enable use in all conditions, these batteries will even save you money; re-charging is much cheaper and easier than refuelling, so with five hours of use per day Bosch estimates that the GRA 53 Professional can save you up to £650 a year.
And since these batteries are quick charging too (up to 80% charge within 30 minutes and 100% in 42 minutes) you can rest assured of exceptional convenience; having a spare set charging while one set is in use guarantees uninterrupted mowing, regardless of how expansive the lawn at hand might be. It’s also easy to keep track of the charge level thanks to an integrated LCD screen on each battery, so you will never be caught short and left without power.
More important than any of this, however, is that being battery-powered means that Bosch’s GRA 53 Professional is quieter, cleaner running and boasts lower vibration levels than any comparable petrol lawnmower. A noise level of only 92dB(A), for instance, means the GRA 53 can be used in noise-sensitive areas, such as school grounds and public parks, without risk of causing a disturbance. The absence of exhaust fumes is equally valuable in this respect, reducing your carbon footprint while also allowing you to work without choking on emissions. Even more valuable for those regularly using a lawnmower for long hours is that the GRA 53 Professional features a vibration level of only 1.2m/s, thereby significantly reducing the risk posed by hand-arm vibration syndrome.
Bosch’s GRA 53 Professional is therefore ideally suited to the frequent intensive lawn maintenance work conducted by contractors and grounds maintenance professionals on a daily basis. This is underlined further by the GRA 53’s impressive 53cm (21”) working width and high-airflow 75 litre grass catcher, which enable effective mowing of up to 1,500m2 per hour. The inclusion of centralised height of cut adjustment between 20mm and 70mm, moreover, ensures quality cutting results by allowing you to quickly tailor cutting to the conditions at hand, while an optional mulching kit is available for collection-free mowing which naturally fertilises lawns.
To ensure that heavier workloads don’t become overly taxing, meanwhile, the GRA 53 Professional also features a hardworking self-propulsion system, with smooth speed adjustment between 2.6km/h and 5.0km/h provided via an intuitive twist grip throttle. This makes working in larger areas and on uneven ground much easier, as the motor does the hard work for you (due to the lack of petrol sloshing around in a tank the GRA 53 also guarantees dependable performance even on slopes and steep embankments). Quick-starting and fitted with intuitive bale-bar controls, this outstanding machine thus makes even tough grass cutting work straightforward.
As the GRA 53 Professional has been built specifically for commercial use, it also features an impact- and corrosion-resistant aluminium cutting deck. And since Bosch provide a three year professional warranty – along with a two year premium service available for the 36V/6.0Ah lithium-ion batteries – the GRA 53 Professional will provide years of dependable performance. This machine is therefore an investment in quality that few other lawnmowers can match, so to ensure that you stay ahead of the competition we recommend getting your hands on one of Bosch’s hardworking battery-powered commercial-grade lawnmowers as soon as is practically possible.
- Driven by two 36V/6.0Ah lithium-ion batteries and Bosch’s bespoke EC brushless motor technology for unbeatable efficiency and professional-quality cutting performance
- Battery-power ensures half the noise of a petrol lawnmower (92dB(A)) and complete freedom from exhaust fumes to enable operation in sensitive areas
- Batteries offer between 45 and 60 minutes of run time on a single charge, along with up to a thousand hours of operation with no loss of performance
- Also featuring a powerful self-propulsion system with forward speed controlled via a conveniently positioned twist grip throttle, offering settings between 2.6km/h and 5.0km/h
- Featuring a 53cm (21”) working width and a high-airflow 75 litre grass catcher for superb cutting performance on larger lawns; an optional mulching kit is also available
- Height of cut adjustment between 20mm and 70mm is available via an easy-to-use centralised lever system to ensure precision cutting
- Intuitive controls and low vibration levels ensure user comfort during extended periods of operation, practically eliminating the risk of hand-arm vibration syndrome
- Weatherproofed battery system and corrosion-resistant aluminium cutting deck combine with Bosch’s three year professional warranty to deliver unbeatable reliability
|Engine/motor:||Bosch EC brushless motor system|
|Power source:||36V/6.0Ah lithium-ion batteries (x2)|
|Cutting system:||Metal blade|
|Cutting height:||20mm - 70mm|
|Collection bag:||Fabric 75-litre|
About BoschSince the humble beginnings in Stuttgart, 1886, when Robert Bosch formed his own business manufacturing electronic components, the ‘Workshop for Precision Mechanics and Electrical Engineering' has become one of the biggest and best known manufacturers of domestic and industrial electrical products in the world. The willingness to improve on established designs started almost immediately and it is this ethos that has kept Bosch GmbH and Bosch lawnmowers ahead of their rivals ever since. This innovation is quite apparent in the present range of Bosch lawnmowers and garden products that include tools no other garden machinery manufacturer produces.
Whatever size your garden, there is bound to be a Bosch lawnmower to suit it. The Bosch Rotak electric and cordless mowers exemplify the company’s willingness to innovate with features such as grass combs that enable mowing up to the edges of lawn borders and rechargeable lithium-ion batteries with virtually no drop-off in performance after extended use. Aside from Bosch lawnmowers, notable inventions are the Ciso Cordless Secateur and Isio Cordless Shrub Shear, tools that allow users with physical weaknesses to carryout day-to-day gardening tasks without discomfort. There is no doubt that if a garden tool can be improved upon, Robert Bosch GmbH is probably designing its successor already.
So why buy from Lawnmowers Direct?
Well firstly, we're pretty good at what we do. In fact, we'd class ourselves as experts. With more than 40 years experience supplying lawnmowers to both home users and professionals, we know what we're talking about. We pride ourselves on our high levels of customer service and we're happy to provide help and support throughout the process, from your initial decision making to after sales, servicing, repairs and spare parts. The service we're offering is a complete one, and unlike some other companies, we are specialists.
We know that not all our customers are looking for the same products, and that they come to us with different knowledge levels. We've built a Free Advice section to help you if you're not sure where to start looking, or you can use our search facility if you've more of an idea what you're looking for. If there's anything you can't find or you just need a little bit more help, feel free to Contact Us.
We hold an extensive stock between our two showrooms, and this means we can offer competitive pricing on everything we sell. If you've found the same product in stock for less on another website, we will try our best to match the offer.
All petrol machinery is checked before dispatch by our team of trained mechanics. While this means we can't always offer same day dispatch, it does mean you'll be getting a bit of kit which will definitely work. We know sometimes things go wrong, but we do our best to make sure they don't, and if you have any problems just get in touch with our customer service team who will be able to help fix it.
If you're not convinced, have a little look at our reviews.