Efco 156 Petrol Chainsaw – 46cm Bar
- Availability: Discontinued
- Estimated Dispatch: No longer available
- Manufacturer: Efco
- Delivery Charge: Free To UK Mainland
Efco’s 156 46cm professional grade petrol chainsaw is designed to offer convenience, precision and power enough to tackle even the toughest cutting work. Powered by a 56.5cc two-stroke petrol engine.
Out of stock
- £34.95Lawnmaster Chainsaw Safety & Maintenance KitEverything you need to get started with your new chainsaw, including a protective Oregon safety helmet with a visor and noise-dampening ear muffs, file, gloves and chain lubricating oil.
- Husqvarna Chainsaw Safety Clothing Protective KitContains the basic protective equipment needed when using a chainsaw. Includes chaps with saw protection class 1 ( 20m/s), a helmet and a pair of gloves.
“Raw power got a healing hand/Raw power can destroy a man/Raw power it’s a more than soul/Got a son called rock and roll.” Thus sang James Newell Osterberg, Jr. (a.k.a. Iggy Pop) when trying to find words to express the nature of “raw power” at its most vital. An alternative for Mr Pop might have been to write a song about Efco’s 156 18″ professional grade petrol chainsaw, which boasts “raw power” enough and makes even tough cutting work so easy you can’t help but start a punk rock band and scream its praises loudly over a background of clattering guitar noise.
Once you’ve finished rocking out, however, Efco’s 156 will allow you to set right to work taking on even the toughest cutting work, happily felling, snedding and cutting up trees of appreciable size. This reliably impressive performance can be attributed in large part to the 56.5cc two-stroke petrol engine at its core, which packs some impressive punch given its relatively compact size (with a maximum power output of 3.1kW at 13,500rpm). When combined with the potent combination of a 45cm (18”) guide bar and 3/8” x .058” (pitch x gauge) chain, this makes the 156 a very handy tool to have around if you need to quickly and efficiently cut through large quantities of stout wood.
When taking on the various challenging tasks involved in professional work, however, it is important for a chainsaw to be as tough as it is powerful. Thankfully the 156 is as well-made as you’d expect of an Efco machine, with a variety of high quality components (such as a forged steel crankshaft and two-ring piston) included to boost durability. Moreover, with an automatic oil pump (which can be adjusted to suit the workload and the bar/chain combination in use, and which also prevents the oil flow while the engine is idling), a digital coil with an rpm limiter, and a flywheel with new fin geometry also included you can rest completely assured of long lasting and consistently outstanding performance.
Equipped with ergonomically designed front and rear handles which provide a secure grip and insulation from engine vibration for added comfort and control, and an impressively low weight build (only 5.5kg without the cutting gear), Efco’s 156 is also easier to handle and more precise than you might expect of a machine featuring such a ‘heavyweight’ design. Likewise, although user convenience might seem less important than the ability to cut stuff (which is what the 156 does best), this outstanding machine still features a traditional recoil starter system with a decompression valve and easy access primer bulb to help ensure consistently quick and hassle-free starting. The 156 is very much the complete chainsaw-package then, and a great tool for any professional wood cutting work.
*Make sure you are using your chainsaw safely and read our free advice article when you have a spare moment.
• Driven by a powerful 56.5cc two-stroke petrol engine, featuring a digital coil with an rpm limiter and a flywheel with new fin geometry to ensure the engine runs smoothly
• Featuring a traditional recoil starter system with a decompression valve and easy access primer bulb for consistently quick and hassle-free starting
• Fitted as standard with the potent combination of a 45cm (18”) guide bar and 3/8” x .058” (pitch x gauge) chain (also compatible with 16” and 20” bars and .325” chains)
• Equipped with ergonomically designed front and rear handles which provide a secure grip and insulation from engine vibration for added comfort and control
• Also featuring an automatic oil pump designed to optimise oil flow, but which can also be easily adjusted according to the job/guide and chain combination at hand
• Built for durability and featuring a variety of high quality components, including a forged steel crankshaft and two-ring piston, to help ensure a long and reliable service life
|Power source:||Petrol/oil mix|
|Chain:||0.325” x .058” with chain tensioner|
About EfcoGiacomo Ferretti set the foundations of the Efco brand on the road to success back in 1978, spotting an opportunity to satisfy an Italian market beginning to demand high quality outdoor power tools. He responded by producing Efco lawnmowers, brush cutters, and chainsaws. Due to the high quality of the machinery made, the manufacturing of these products soon developed an enviable reputation amongst forestry and agricultural workers, users that demanded the best performance possible from their equipment. Sales of Efco lawnmowers began to soar during the intervening years and the Efco brand is now internationally recognised as a leader in the field of garden machinery manufacturing.
They take their role very seriously though, and were the first company in this sector to achieve official certification in three crucial areas of business sustainability: the ISO 9001:2008 certification for quality in 1996, the SA 8000:2008 certificate for ethical processes of production in 2006 and the ISO 14001:2004, recognising Efco's efforts to reduce their impact on the environment with an ongoing commitment to become Carbon Neutral starting in 2010.
So why buy from Lawnmowers Direct?
Well firstly, we're pretty good at what we do. In fact, we'd class ourselves as experts. With more than 40 years experience supplying lawnmowers to both home users and professionals, we know what we're talking about. We pride ourselves on our high levels of customer service and we're happy to provide help and support throughout the process, from your initial decision making to after sales, servicing, repairs and spare parts. The service we're offering is a complete one, and unlike some other companies, we are specialists.
We know that not all our customers are looking for the same products, and that they come to us with different knowledge levels. We've built a Free Advice section to help you if you're not sure where to start looking, or you can use our search facility if you've more of an idea what you're looking for. If there's anything you can't find or you just need a little bit more help, feel free to Contact Us.
We hold an extensive stock between our two showrooms, and this means we can offer competitive pricing on everything we sell. If you've found the same product in stock for less on another website, we will try our best to match the offer.
All petrol machinery is checked before dispatch by our team of trained mechanics. While this means we can't always offer same day dispatch, it does mean you'll be getting a bit of kit which will definitely work. We know sometimes things go wrong, but we do our best to make sure they don't, and if you have any problems just get in touch with our customer service team who will be able to help fix it.
If you're not convinced, have a little look at our reviews.