Efco AR 53 THX Allroad Self-Propelled Petrol Lawnmower
- Availability: Available
- Estimated Dispatch: 2 - 3 working days
- Manufacturer: Efco
- Delivery Charge: Free To UK Mainland
Efco’s AR53-THX Allroad self-propelled rotary mower delivers superb grass cutting performance via its 51cm working width and 160cc Honda GCV160 four-stroke engine, making it suitable for demanding home gardeners and professional lawn maintenance work alike.
- £14.99-£15.99 Select optionsLawnmower Starter KitPurchase a lawnmower starter kit with your new petrol lawnmower for some useful extras to help your lawnmower perform better for longer. Available in two varieties (one for Honda engines, and one for Briggs and Stratton engines).
- Briggs & Stratton Oil Removal Pump | 992423The Briggs & Stratton Oil Removal Pump is used for the simple and safe removal of oil from all types of engines. This kit comes with a vacuum pump, 4 litre container with lids, hose with shut off clip and funnel.
- £6.99Lawnmaster Lawnmowers Direct 10W40 Oil – 1 LitreLawnmowers Direct 10W/40 is designed for use in all horticultural 4 stroke engines, both diesel and petrol where an oil of this quality is required.
- £7.10Honda Fuel Stabiliser 250ml 08CXZFSC250Honda fuel stabiliser specifically designed for Honda engines will help preserve all fuel properties during long term storage. This product is recommended for all engines running occasionally or for long term storage.
- Multi-Sharp Rotary Lawn Mower Blade SharpenerMulti-Sharps Rotary Mower Sharpener is designed to fit to any power drill and produces a sharp new cutting edge on rotary mower blades in minutes. Grinder can also be used to re-sharpen edges on spades, hoes, lawn-edgers and axes.
Any of the machines in Efco’s line of aluminium deck ‘Allroad’ lawnmowers would do even the most dedicated gardener proud, because ‘Allroad’ lawnmowers are tough, powerful and user-friendly enough to make challenging cutting work straightforward. The inclusion of an advanced Honda engine in the AR53-THX Allroad Aluminium, however, marks it out as something pretty special even amongst its admirable cousins; i.e., a hardworking, self-propelled rotary mower which provides enough clout to tackle demanding commercial applications, yet which is user-friendly enough that enthusiastic amateur gardeners can also use it for maintaining larger domestic lawns.
The Honda engine in question is a brilliant 160cc GCV160 four-stroke number, featuring a compact combustion chamber and an overhead cam design to enhance fuel efficiency and guarantee high-torque performance. One of the most compact and lightweight engines in its class, the GCV160 also features automatic mechanical decompression and Honda’s Auto Choke system, which ensures that starting is always quick and hassle-free. In this respect the engine is a microcosm of the AR53-THX as a whole; superbly powerful, smooth-running, and surprisingly easy to operate and maintain.
Power doesn’t count for anything if it isn’t used effectively though, so this hardworking engine drives a self-propulsion system. The AR53-THX Allroad Aluminium thus provides a steady forward speed of 3.6km/h, which saves considerable time and effort when working on large or undulating lawns. Along with the AR53-THX Allroad Aluminium’s 51cm (20”) cutting width, this means that areas up to 2,400m2 can be maintained with ease, while the inclusion of extra-large stabilising wheels and an adjustable three-position handlebar ensures that you’ll stay in complete control regardless of the conditions underfoot.
Grass cutting, meanwhile, is handled via a precision-engineered mulching blade. This differs from the rotary cutters used by other lawnmowers in that it produces significantly smaller clippings, which in turn boosts performance by maximising the collection capacity of the AR53-THX Allroad Aluminium’s 80 litre plastic and fabric grass catcher (which also features a built-in full-bag indicator to help you plan efficient clipping disposal, thus minimising stops during the working day).
However, the AR53-THX Allroad Aluminium also allows for collection-free mowing thanks to the inclusion of a mulching kit as standard. Easy to install (simply insert the mulching plug into the AR53-THX’s rear ejection chute), mulching works by retaining grass in the cutting chamber so that cuttings are reduced to miniscule particles. Once ejected onto the lawn surface these particles are practically invisible, so won’t leave an untidy finish, but also serve as a natural fertiliser by releasing valuable nutrients and moisture as they break down. Regular mulching can therefore boost the long-term health of your lawn, especially if conducting a rigorous mowing regime.
When combined with the precision offered by the AR53-THX Allroad Aluminium’s centralised five-position height of cut adjustment system (featuring settings between 28mm and 75mm), this versatility means that you will always enjoy an immaculate finish. And with the AR53-THX’s tough but lightweight aluminium deck providing fantastic protection against impact damage and corrosion for a longer service life, this market-leading lawnmower will provide many years of dependable grass cutting performance.
- Power supplied via a potent 160cc Honda GCV160 four-stroke petrol engine, featuring a compact combustion chamber and an overhead cam design to boost fuel efficiency
- Also featuring an Auto Choke system and automatic mechanical decompression for smooth ignition, thereby ensuring quick, hassle-free starting every time
- Fitted with a hardworking self-propulsion system for a steady forward speed of 3.6km/h, saving significant time and effort when mowing on lager or undulating lawns
- A working width of 51cm (20”) enables efficient maintenance of lawns between 2,000m2 and 2,400m2, with five-position height of cut adjustment included for added precision
- Equipped with an effective mulching blade which produces smaller clippings to maximise the collection capacity of the AR53-THX’s 80 litre plastic and fabric grass catcher
- Also supplied as standard with a mulching kit for convenient collection-free mowing; simply insert the mulching plug and clippings are recycled as a natural fertiliser
- Extra-wide stabilising wheels featuring high-grip tyres and an adjustable three-position handlebar work together for complete control and superb comfort during operation
- Lightweight aluminium deck ensures manoeuvrability while also providing valuable resistance against impact damage, corrosion and general wear for a longer service life
|Engine/motor:||160cc Honda GCV160|
|Power source:||Unleaded petrol|
|Starting method:||Recoil start|
|Cutting system:||Metal blade|
|Cutting height:||25mm - 65mm|
|Collection bag:||Fabric 75-litre|
About EfcoGiacomo Ferretti set the foundations of the Efco brand on the road to success back in 1978, spotting an opportunity to satisfy an Italian market beginning to demand high quality outdoor power tools. He responded by producing Efco lawnmowers, brush cutters, and chainsaws. Due to the high quality of the machinery made, the manufacturing of these products soon developed an enviable reputation amongst forestry and agricultural workers, users that demanded the best performance possible from their equipment. Sales of Efco lawnmowers began to soar during the intervening years and the Efco brand is now internationally recognised as a leader in the field of garden machinery manufacturing.
They take their role very seriously though, and were the first company in this sector to achieve official certification in three crucial areas of business sustainability: the ISO 9001:2008 certification for quality in 1996, the SA 8000:2008 certificate for ethical processes of production in 2006 and the ISO 14001:2004, recognising Efco's efforts to reduce their impact on the environment with an ongoing commitment to become Carbon Neutral starting in 2010.
So why buy from Lawnmowers Direct?
Well firstly, we're pretty good at what we do. In fact, we'd class ourselves as experts. With more than 40 years experience supplying lawnmowers to both home users and professionals, we know what we're talking about. We pride ourselves on our high levels of customer service and we're happy to provide help and support throughout the process, from your initial decision making to after sales, servicing, repairs and spare parts. The service we're offering is a complete one, and unlike some other companies, we are specialists.
We know that not all our customers are looking for the same products, and that they come to us with different knowledge levels. We've built a Free Advice section to help you if you're not sure where to start looking, or you can use our search facility if you've more of an idea what you're looking for. If there's anything you can't find or you just need a little bit more help, feel free to Contact Us.
We hold an extensive stock between our two showrooms, and this means we can offer competitive pricing on everything we sell. If you've found the same product in stock for less on another website, we will try our best to match the offer.
All petrol machinery is checked before dispatch by our team of trained mechanics. While this means we can't always offer same day dispatch, it does mean you'll be getting a bit of kit which will definitely work. We know sometimes things go wrong, but we do our best to make sure they don't, and if you have any problems just get in touch with our customer service team who will be able to help fix it.
If you're not convinced, have a little look at our reviews.