Efco DR 65 HR 8.5 Flail Mower
- Availability: Special Order Item
- Estimated Dispatch: Please email email@example.com for dispatch estimate
- Manufacturer: Efco
- Delivery Charge: Free To UK Mainland
A heavy-duty flail mower designed for professional use when clearing large areas of dense vegetation. This robust machine delivers an impressive 65cm width of cut and is powered by an efficient 270cc GX 270 Honda engine.
- Briggs & Stratton Oil Removal Pump | 992423The Briggs & Stratton Oil Removal Pump is used for the simple and safe removal of oil from all types of engines. This kit comes with a vacuum pump, 4 litre container with lids, hose with shut off clip and funnel.
- £6.99Lawnmaster Lawnmowers Direct 10W40 Oil – 1 LitreLawnmowers Direct 10W/40 is designed for use in all horticultural 4 stroke engines, both diesel and petrol where an oil of this quality is required.
- Oregon Polycarbonate Protective Safety Glasses Q515069Keep safe with these light weight Oregon safety glasses. They're ergonomic design wraps around your eyes to maximise safety.
The Efco DR 65 HR 8.5 is a highly robust flail mower designed for tackling the toughest areas of brush and thick vegetation, perfect for use by professional landscapers and contractors. Ruggedness is with a major feature of this impressive machine’s design, as it has been developed expressly for heavy-duty applications that other mowers and cutters simply cannot handle, such as overgrown verges, steep slopes and thick undergrowth. Featuring 38 y-shaped flail blades, and with a cutting rotor supported by reinforced bearings and seals for maximum durability, the DR 65 HR 8.5 offers an extraordinary 65cm width of cut to make cutting dense areas of scrub and brush a quick and simple matter.
The self-propelled Efco DR 65 HR 8.5 features an industrious 270cc GX 270 Honda engine, providing reliable power to the four-speed drive system, which is controlled via a tough gearbox featuring oil-bath lubrication for enhanced performance. As well as three forward speed settings (1.2km/h-3.4km/h), the Efco DR 65 HR 8.5 also features a reverse gear to improve manoeuvrability when you are mowing in a tight spot and haven’t got room to turn. The two extra large rear wheels, meanwhile, feature deeply-grooved chevron tyres for maximum traction, which is particularly important in wet and muddy conditions. Moreover, the control this provides is further enhanced by the mower’s two pivoting front wheels, which can even be locked into place to ensure a straight line of cut.
Comfort and precision are also very important aspects of Efco’s design philosophy. The DR 65 HR 8.5, for example, features four height settings and five different width positions for added comfort, all controlled via ergonomically designed levers mounted on the handlebars for ease of access. Centralised cutting height adjustment, meanwhile, is also controlled via a lever on the handlebar, offering a selection of cutting heights between 20mm and 80mm for increased versatility in a wide range of cutting conditions. Weight: 155kg
Don’t miss our guide to buying a rough grass mower if you are at all unsure about which machine is best suited to your needs.
• Featuring a heavy-duty cutting deck with a 65cm width of cut and a durable reinforced rotor, utilising 38 y-shaped flail blades to tackle even the densest vegetation
• Power provided by a 270cc GX 270 Honda petrol engine, designed to be quiet-running and fuel-efficient
• Four-speed drive system featuring three forward gears and reverse, allowing quick and simple speed adjustment between 1.2km/h and 3.4km/h
• Tough gearbox built with an oil-bath lubrication system for a longer service life and outstanding reliability
• Extra large rear wheels feature deeply-grooved chevron tyres for maximum traction and grip, even on wet or slippery ground
• Smaller pivoting front wheels work to increase manoeuvrability, but can also be locked into position to ensure a straight cutting line
• Ergonomic control levers located on the handlebars allow you to adjust the height and width settings for enhanced user comfort
• Central height-of-cut adjustment lever, mounted on the handlebar for easy access, provides cutting height setting between 20mm and 80mm for impressive versatility
|Engine/motor:||270cc Honda GX 270|
|Power source:||Unleaded petrol|
|Deck material:||Heavy-duty steel|
|Cutting system:||Flail blade|
|Cutting height:||20mm - 80mm|
|Drive system:||Self-propelled ( 3 forward/1reverse)|
About EfcoGiacomo Ferretti set the foundations of the Efco brand on the road to success back in 1978, spotting an opportunity to satisfy an Italian market beginning to demand high quality outdoor power tools. He responded by producing Efco lawnmowers, brush cutters, and chainsaws. Due to the high quality of the machinery made, the manufacturing of these products soon developed an enviable reputation amongst forestry and agricultural workers, users that demanded the best performance possible from their equipment. Sales of Efco lawnmowers began to soar during the intervening years and the Efco brand is now internationally recognised as a leader in the field of garden machinery manufacturing.
They take their role very seriously though, and were the first company in this sector to achieve official certification in three crucial areas of business sustainability: the ISO 9001:2008 certification for quality in 1996, the SA 8000:2008 certificate for ethical processes of production in 2006 and the ISO 14001:2004, recognising Efco's efforts to reduce their impact on the environment with an ongoing commitment to become Carbon Neutral starting in 2010.
So why buy from Lawnmowers Direct?
Well firstly, we're pretty good at what we do. In fact, we'd class ourselves as experts. With more than 40 years experience supplying lawnmowers to both home users and professionals, we know what we're talking about. We pride ourselves on our high levels of customer service and we're happy to provide help and support throughout the process, from your initial decision making to after sales, servicing, repairs and spare parts. The service we're offering is a complete one, and unlike some other companies, we are specialists.
We know that not all our customers are looking for the same products, and that they come to us with different knowledge levels. We've built a Free Advice section to help you if you're not sure where to start looking, or you can use our search facility if you've more of an idea what you're looking for. If there's anything you can't find or you just need a little bit more help, feel free to Contact Us.
We hold an extensive stock between our two showrooms, and this means we can offer competitive pricing on everything we sell. If you've found the same product in stock for less on another website, we will try our best to match the offer.
All petrol machinery is checked before dispatch by our team of trained mechanics. While this means we can't always offer same day dispatch, it does mean you'll be getting a bit of kit which will definitely work. We know sometimes things go wrong, but we do our best to make sure they don't, and if you have any problems just get in touch with our customer service team who will be able to help fix it.
If you're not convinced, have a little look at our reviews.