Efco LR53-THX Allroad Plus 4 Self-Propelled Lawn Mower
- Availability: In Stock
- Estimated Dispatch: 1 - 2 working days
- Manufacturer: Efco
- Delivery Charge: Free To UK Mainland
The LR 53 THX boasts a powerful 160cc Honda engine, and is perfect for use in large gardens and on rougher areas of turf. This mower offers four grass disposal functions: collection, side discharge, rear discharge and mulching.
- Briggs & Stratton Oil Removal Pump | 992423The Briggs & Stratton Oil Removal Pump is used for the simple and safe removal of oil from all types of engines. This kit comes with a vacuum pump, 4 litre container with lids, hose with shut off clip and funnel.
- £6.99Lawnmaster Lawnmowers Direct 10W40 Oil – 1 LitreLawnmowers Direct 10W/40 is designed for use in all horticultural 4 stroke engines, both diesel and petrol where an oil of this quality is required.
- £7.10Honda Fuel Stabiliser 250ml 08CXZFSC250Honda fuel stabiliser specifically designed for Honda engines will help preserve all fuel properties during long term storage. This product is recommended for all engines running occasionally or for long term storage.
- Multi-Sharp Rotary Lawn Mower Blade SharpenerMulti-Sharps Rotary Mower Sharpener is designed to fit to any power drill and produces a sharp new cutting edge on rotary mower blades in minutes. Grinder can also be used to re-sharpen edges on spades, hoes, lawn-edgers and axes.
With a powerful 160cc engine from the famous Honda, a large cutting width of 51cm and a flexibility of cut that caters for all your mowing needs, the LR 53 THX is perfect for large gardens and rougher areas of grass, such as meadows. Part of Efco’s ‘Allroad Plus 4’ series of self-propelled steel-deck mowers, this machine gives you the choice of four ways to deal with your grass clippings, and demonstrates Efco’s reputation for paying close attention to ease of use and user comfort.
The LR 53 THX’s four grass disposal methods include collection, rear discharge, side discharge and mulching options. You’ll save time when using the grass collection function as the mower is equipped with a fabric and plastic grass box with a large 70 litre capacity, meaning you won’t need to stop and empty it very often. It also features a helpful full-bag indicator to tell you when the box needs emptying, making collection even easier. The box is also very simple to assemble and does not require tools. Meanwhile, for the rear and side discharge functions a deflector is provided to stop cuttings, soil and anything else, such as stones, from being discharged towards you. Finally, for the mulching option, a plug is supplied as standard. Mulching involves the grass clippings being redistributed onto the ground to work as a fertilizer, breaking down and encouraging healthy grass growth.
The inclusion of a self-propulsion system means that you save on time and effort while mowing, and the LR 53 THX also benefits from features such as ergonomic engine brake and clutch levers, giving you a comfortable and safe grip. Safety is also provided by the machine’s front bumper, which cushions any accidental knocks and bumps during use. Propulsion comes from the mower’s powerful and dependable Honda GCV 160-A2 engine, boasting extreme efficiency while being the lightest in its class, and offering a forward speed of 3.6 km/h. The mower’s large wheels (200mm diameter for the front and 280mm for the back) also give you excellent manoeuvrability. Flexibility comes not only with the four cutting functions, but also in the form of single lever centralised height-of-cut adjustment, featuring five different positions between 28mm and 75mm. Finally, the handlebars can be adjusted to two different positions to suit your height and fold away to make storage easier, while ease of transport is assured via an integrated carry handle mounted on the front bumper.
• Four methods of grass disposal: grass collection, rear discharge, side discharge and mulching
• Powerful Honda GCV 160-A2 engine, producing a steady forward speed of 3.6 km/h
• Central lever for cutting height adjustment, featuring five different positions (28mm-75mm)
• Large capacity 70 litre grass box with full-bag indicator for enhanced cutting performance
• Large wheels, 200mm diameter for the front, 280mm for the rear, for excellent manoeuvrability and smooth movement on rough terrain
• Mulching plug supplied as standard; grass deflector included for discharge options
• Adjustable and foldable handlebars for comfortable use and easy storage
• Front bumper with integrated carry handle to ease any accidental bumps or knocks whilst mowing
|Engine/motor:||Honda GCV 160-A2|
|Power source:||Unleaded petrol|
|Cutting system:||Rotary blade|
|Cutting height:||28mm - 75mm|
About EfcoGiacomo Ferretti set the foundations of the Efco brand on the road to success back in 1978, spotting an opportunity to satisfy an Italian market beginning to demand high quality outdoor power tools. He responded by producing Efco lawnmowers, brush cutters, and chainsaws. Due to the high quality of the machinery made, the manufacturing of these products soon developed an enviable reputation amongst forestry and agricultural workers, users that demanded the best performance possible from their equipment. Sales of Efco lawnmowers began to soar during the intervening years and the Efco brand is now internationally recognised as a leader in the field of garden machinery manufacturing.
They take their role very seriously though, and were the first company in this sector to achieve official certification in three crucial areas of business sustainability: the ISO 9001:2008 certification for quality in 1996, the SA 8000:2008 certificate for ethical processes of production in 2006 and the ISO 14001:2004, recognising Efco's efforts to reduce their impact on the environment with an ongoing commitment to become Carbon Neutral starting in 2010.
So why buy from Lawnmowers Direct?
Well firstly, we're pretty good at what we do. In fact, we'd class ourselves as experts. With more than 40 years experience supplying lawnmowers to both home users and professionals, we know what we're talking about. We pride ourselves on our high levels of customer service and we're happy to provide help and support throughout the process, from your initial decision making to after sales, servicing, repairs and spare parts. The service we're offering is a complete one, and unlike some other companies, we are specialists.
We know that not all our customers are looking for the same products, and that they come to us with different knowledge levels. We've built a Free Advice section to help you if you're not sure where to start looking, or you can use our search facility if you've more of an idea what you're looking for. If there's anything you can't find or you just need a little bit more help, feel free to Contact Us.
We hold an extensive stock between our two showrooms, and this means we can offer competitive pricing on everything we sell. If you've found the same product in stock for less on another website, we will try our best to match the offer.
All petrol machinery is checked before dispatch by our team of trained mechanics. While this means we can't always offer same day dispatch, it does mean you'll be getting a bit of kit which will definitely work. We know sometimes things go wrong, but we do our best to make sure they don't, and if you have any problems just get in touch with our customer service team who will be able to help fix it.
If you're not convinced, have a little look at our reviews.