Efco MT 6500 Petrol Chainsaw – 51cm Bar
- Availability: Available
- Estimated Dispatch: 4 - 6 working days
- Manufacturer: Efco
- Delivery Charge: Free To UK Mainland
Driven by a reliably hardworking 63.4cc two-stroke petrol engine, the MT 6500 is big, tough, versatile and equipped as standard with a sturdy 51cm guide bar and a 3/8″ x .058″ (pitch x gauge) chain for incredible cutting power.
- £34.95Lawnmaster Chainsaw Safety & Maintenance KitEverything you need to get started with your new chainsaw, including a protective Oregon safety helmet with a visor and noise-dampening ear muffs, file, gloves and chain lubricating oil.
- Husqvarna Chainsaw Safety Clothing Protective KitContains the basic protective equipment needed when using a chainsaw. Includes chaps with saw protection class 1 ( 20m/s), a helmet and a pair of gloves.
Efco’s superb MT 6500 20” heavy duty chainsaw is very much the tank of Efco’s chainsaw range; i.e., the big, tough machine you send into situations which would quickly make any lesser apparatus beg for mercy. This is because the MT 6500 has been specifically designed to excel when faced with the most demanding and prolonged jobs in difficult environmental conditions. Thus, whether you are working in hot dusty conditions or in the depths of an icy winter, the MT 6500 is the machine to go for if what you need is robustness and reliability.
We will first focus on the matter of toughness, as it is therein which the MT 6500 stands out from the crowd. An aluminium crankcase, for example, offers maximum strength and constant efficiency even with the longest guide bars installed, while the engine cylinder and two-ringed piston have been designed to withstand intensive use over longer periods of time. Inside the crankcase, meanwhile, an on-board clutch with drum and brake belt prevent foreign matter from getting between the centrifugal weights, thereby ensuring consistently superb operation and facilitating removal of the chain guard. An extra large engine filter, moreover, further ensures long lasting and reliable performance by providing vital protection for the engine when working in dusty environments.
Equipped as standard with a strapping 51cm (20”) guide bar and a 3/8” x .058” (pitch x gauge) chain, the MT 6500 is at least as powerful as it is tough and happily capable of felling, snedding and cutting up even fairly large trees (with a recommended maximum cutting diameter of 45cm-48cm). To ensure optimal performance at all times, furthermore, the MT 6500 also features a side-mounted lateral tensioner screw to allow quick and efficient tightening of the chain prior to operation, while the automatic oil pump (made from durable aluminium to help ensure dependability) can also be adjusted to suit the working conditions and bar/chain combination currently at hand.
As well as providing smooth running and reliable power the MT 6500’s 63.4cc two-stroke petrol engine is also designed to make life a little easier for the user, with a handy decompression valve and easy access recoil starter included to help ensure hassle-free starting every time. In addition to this, the inclusion of a high capacity 0.8 litre fuel tank means that the MT 6500 can be used for longer without having to stop and refuel, thus saving time and effort when taking on heavier workloads. The MT 6500’s comfortable front and rear handles, meanwhile, offer a reassuringly secure grip, which is complemented by the added comfort offered by a pleasingly effective anti-vibration system. Perhaps what is most remarkable about Efco’s MT 6500, then, is not that it provides a brilliant way of taking on the most challenging cutting work in hostile environments, but that it allows you to work in complete comfort as you do so!
*Make sure you are using your chainsaw safely and read our free advice article when you have a spare moment.
• Power supplied via a potent and hardworking 63.4cc two-stroke petrol engine, with a handy decompression valve and easy access recoil starter ensuring hassle-free ignition
• Featuring an on-board clutch with drum and brake belt integrated in the crankcase, thereby ensuring consistently perfect operation by preventing foreign matter from entering the system
• Fitted as standard with a sturdy 51cm (20”) guide bar and a 3/8” x .058” (pitch x gauge) chain for incredible cutting power (also compatible with 18”, 24” and 28” guide bars)
• Also featuring an automatic oil pump to regulate oil flow to the chain, along with a practical lateral chain tensioner screw to allow quick and efficient tightening of the chain
• Effective anti-vibration system isolates the user from engine vibration to help prevent fatigue during use, with a comfortable and secure grip offered by the front and rear handles
• Incredible durability and reliably long lasting performance ensured by the inclusion of a range of high quality components, including the aluminium crankcase, two-ring piston and an extra large engine filter
|Power source:||Petrol/oil mix|
|Chain:||3/8” x .058” with chain tensioner|
About EfcoGiacomo Ferretti set the foundations of the Efco brand on the road to success back in 1978, spotting an opportunity to satisfy an Italian market beginning to demand high quality outdoor power tools. He responded by producing Efco lawnmowers, brush cutters, and chainsaws. Due to the high quality of the machinery made, the manufacturing of these products soon developed an enviable reputation amongst forestry and agricultural workers, users that demanded the best performance possible from their equipment. Sales of Efco lawnmowers began to soar during the intervening years and the Efco brand is now internationally recognised as a leader in the field of garden machinery manufacturing.
They take their role very seriously though, and were the first company in this sector to achieve official certification in three crucial areas of business sustainability: the ISO 9001:2008 certification for quality in 1996, the SA 8000:2008 certificate for ethical processes of production in 2006 and the ISO 14001:2004, recognising Efco's efforts to reduce their impact on the environment with an ongoing commitment to become Carbon Neutral starting in 2010.
So why buy from Lawnmowers Direct?
Well firstly, we're pretty good at what we do. In fact, we'd class ourselves as experts. With more than 40 years experience supplying lawnmowers to both home users and professionals, we know what we're talking about. We pride ourselves on our high levels of customer service and we're happy to provide help and support throughout the process, from your initial decision making to after sales, servicing, repairs and spare parts. The service we're offering is a complete one, and unlike some other companies, we are specialists.
We know that not all our customers are looking for the same products, and that they come to us with different knowledge levels. We've built a Free Advice section to help you if you're not sure where to start looking, or you can use our search facility if you've more of an idea what you're looking for. If there's anything you can't find or you just need a little bit more help, feel free to Contact Us.
We hold an extensive stock between our two showrooms, and this means we can offer competitive pricing on everything we sell. If you've found the same product in stock for less on another website, we will try our best to match the offer.
All petrol machinery is checked before dispatch by our team of trained mechanics. While this means we can't always offer same day dispatch, it does mean you'll be getting a bit of kit which will definitely work. We know sometimes things go wrong, but we do our best to make sure they don't, and if you have any problems just get in touch with our customer service team who will be able to help fix it.
If you're not convinced, have a little look at our reviews.