Hayter Harrier 48 Autodrive InStart Rear Roller Petrol Lawnmower | 491J
- Availability: Available
- Estimated Dispatch: 4 - 6 working days
- Manufacturer: Hayter
- Delivery Charge: Free To UK Mainland
The fantastic Harrier 48 Autodrive InStart combines power, durability and ease of use in a petrol rear roller mower ideally suited to lawns up to the size of a tennis court.
- £14.99-£15.99 Select optionsLawnmower Starter KitPurchase a lawnmower starter kit with your new petrol lawnmower for some useful extras to help your lawnmower perform better for longer. Available in two varieties (one for Honda engines, and one for Briggs and Stratton engines).
- Briggs & Stratton 992244 Service KitService kit for the Briggs & Stratton 625 Series, 650 Series, 675 Series & Quantum.
- Briggs & Stratton Oil Removal Pump | 992423The Briggs & Stratton Oil Removal Pump is used for the simple and safe removal of oil from all types of engines. This kit comes with a vacuum pump, 4 litre container with lids, hose with shut off clip and funnel.
- £4.25Lawnmaster Lawnmowers Direct SAE 30 Oil – 600mlFor use in diesel and petrol engines in horticultural equipment where an oil to API SF/CC quality is required.
- £4.99Briggs & Stratton 992381 Fuel Fit Additive 250ml250ml genuine fuel additive for 2 and 4 stroke engines.
- Hayter 480149 Genuine Replacement Blade19inch / 48cm Hayter blade to fit the Hayter mower model 433, 434, 490, 491, 493 & 496.
- Multi-Sharp Rotary Lawn Mower Blade SharpenerMulti-Sharps Rotary Mower Sharpener is designed to fit to any power drill and produces a sharp new cutting edge on rotary mower blades in minutes. Grinder can also be used to re-sharpen edges on spades, hoes, lawn-edgers and axes.
Part of Hayter’s award winning Harrier series of rear roller mowers, the Harrier 48 Autodrive InStart combines power, durability and ease of use in a machine to fulfil the dreams of any gardener who takes pride in their turf, and which could well transform your relationship with your lawn if you have not yet experienced the kind of fine finish a mower of this quality can provide.
Featuring new InStart technology, you will now be able to start your engine more than 50 times on a single 60 minute charge. If you’re in a hurry, the 10-minute ‘Fast Charge’ will still provide more than 10 starts. Simply click the battery into position and remove just as easily. There’s no need for tools. Each machine comes complete with one lithium-ion battery and one charger, with spares and replacements being available to order from Hayter dealers.
With a cutting width of 48 cm, the Harrier 48 is ideally suited to mowing medium lawns, up to the size of a tennis court. When mowing larger lawns, the Harrier 48’s self-propulsion system comes into its own and takes much of the effort out of traversing large areas of turf, while the variable speed settings (ranging from 1.5mph-3mph) and effortless electric start system make this model possibly the easiest to use out of all of the machines in Hayter’s Harrier 48 range. A powerful Briggs & Stratton 675iS petrol engine powers both the Autodrive system and the precision-engineered cutterblade. This engine is designed specifically for use in lawnmowers, so offers optimum performance along with reduced noise and emissions.
The Hayter Harrier 48 Autodrive InStart is also noteworthy for its durable die-cast aluminium deck, which is corrosion resistant and extends around the cutting deck for easy mowing around borders, and tough ABS under-deck liner, which is easy to clean and reduces noise during operation. Excellent results are further guaranteed thanks to the inclusion of a split ribbed rear roller, offering superior traction and to ensuring a crisp striped finish when mowing, as well as variable height-of-cut adjustment (13-60mm) controlled via an easy to use single lever system.
Designed and manufactured in the UK, the Hayter Harrier 48 Autodrive Electric Start is also notable for including Hayter’s friction disc to protect your mower’s engine should you hit a solid object while mowing, backed by a lifetime guarantee against engine crankshaft damage. For added peace of mind, this fantastic mower also comes with Hayter’s five-year consumer warranty, helping ensure that this machine can offer years of efficient service.
Do you need advice on buying the best lawn mower for your garden? Make sure you read our free articles to help you make the right choice.
• 48cm (19”) die-cast aluminium cutting deck for enhanced durability and improved cut and collection performance, as well as ease of use when mowing around borders
• Briggs & Stratton 675iS engine with variable speed settings (1.5mph-3mph) and effortless electric start, providing guaranteed power and performance
• Smooth running, long life ball bearings in front wheels ensuring an even finish
• Folding handlebar for easy storage, and large (70 litre) easy-to-empty fabric grass bag which can be removed for use as a rear-discharge mower
• Counter-balanced single lever height-of-cut adjustment (13mm-60mm) for adaptability and enhanced utility
|Engine:||Briggs & Stratton 163cc 675iS|
|Power source:||Unleaded petrol|
|Cutting system:||Metal blade|
|Cutting height:||13mm - 60mm|
|Collection bag:||Fabric / 70-litre|
|Drive system:||Autodrive Variable Speed 1.5-3 mph|
|Dimensions||98 x 58 x 55 cm|
About HayterThe name Hayter, in garden machinery circles, goes back over 60 years to 1946 when Douglas Hayter produced his first rotary lawn mower and subsequently sold it to Ipswich Town the following year. Here, the Hayter lawnmower was born. From this point, the company has gone from strength to strength with an ever-increasing portfolio of lawn maintenance equipment that is used by both professionals and domestic gardeners. Uniquely, much of the Hayter lawnmower range is still British made, with a healthy workforce gainfully employed at the company headquarters in Spellbrook, near Bishop's Stortford in Hertfordshire.
With a Royal Warrant to protect, quality standards need to be kept at a premium and this is never more evident than with the Hayter Harrier range of rear roller rotary petrol lawnmowers that have set the standard for this type of machine for over 2 decades. The company has not forsaken traditional skills with the advent of computer-aided design, but has instead combined both, with the resultant Hayter lawnmower products some of the finest garden maintenance and grass care equipment available today.
So why buy from Lawnmowers Direct?
Well firstly, we're pretty good at what we do. In fact, we'd class ourselves as experts. With more than 40 years experience supplying lawnmowers to both home users and professionals, we know what we're talking about. We pride ourselves on our high levels of customer service and we're happy to provide help and support throughout the process, from your initial decision making to after sales, servicing, repairs and spare parts. The service we're offering is a complete one, and unlike some other companies, we are specialists.
We know that not all our customers are looking for the same products, and that they come to us with different knowledge levels. We've built a Free Advice section to help you if you're not sure where to start looking, or you can use our search facility if you've more of an idea what you're looking for. If there's anything you can't find or you just need a little bit more help, feel free to Contact Us.
We hold an extensive stock between our two showrooms, and this means we can offer competitive pricing on everything we sell. If you've found the same product in stock for less on another website, we will try our best to match the offer.
All petrol machinery is checked before dispatch by our team of trained mechanics. While this means we can't always offer same day dispatch, it does mean you'll be getting a bit of kit which will definitely work. We know sometimes things go wrong, but we do our best to make sure they don't, and if you have any problems just get in touch with our customer service team who will be able to help fix it.
If you're not convinced, have a little look at our reviews.