Hayter Harrier 48 BBC Autodrive Rear Roller Petrol Lawnmower | 493
- Availability: In Stock
- Estimated Dispatch: 1 - 2 working days
- Manufacturer: Hayter
- Delivery Charge: Free To UK Mainland
A rear roller mower featuring, variable speed control, a blade brake clutch system, variable height-of-cut adjustment, a corrosion resistant aluminium deck, split ribbed rear roller, and self-propulsion powered by a Briggs & Stratton petrol engine.
- £14.99-£15.99 Select optionsLawnmower Starter KitPurchase a lawnmower starter kit with your new petrol lawnmower for some useful extras to help your lawnmower perform better for longer. Available in two varieties (one for Honda engines, and one for Briggs and Stratton engines).
- Briggs & Stratton 992233 Service KitService kit for the Briggs & Stratton 625 Series, 650 Series, 675 Series & Quantum.
- Briggs & Stratton Oil Removal Pump | 992423The Briggs & Stratton Oil Removal Pump is used for the simple and safe removal of oil from all types of engines. This kit comes with a vacuum pump, 4 litre container with lids, hose with shut off clip and funnel.
- £4.25Lawnmaster Lawnmowers Direct SAE 30 Oil – 600mlFor use in diesel and petrol engines in horticultural equipment where an oil to API SF/CC quality is required.
- Hayter 480149 Genuine Replacement Blade19inch / 48cm Hayter blade to fit the Hayter mower model 433, 434, 490, 491, 493 & 496.
- £4.99Briggs & Stratton 992381 Fuel Fit Additive 250ml250ml genuine fuel additive for 2 and 4 stroke engines.
- Multi-Sharp Rotary Lawn Mower Blade SharpenerMulti-Sharps Rotary Mower Sharpener is designed to fit to any power drill and produces a sharp new cutting edge on rotary mower blades in minutes. Grinder can also be used to re-sharpen edges on spades, hoes, lawn-edgers and axes.
Hayter’s decades of experience of designing and manufacturing a wide range of premium garden machinery means that there are few other companies which can compete with their reputation for quality and precision engineering. This tradition of excellence and attention to detail is manifest in the powerful and versatile Harrier 48 BBC Autodrive, part of Hayter’s award winning range of Harrier rear roller mowers.
The Harrier 48’s Autodrive system, featuring variable speed control (1.5mph-3mph), and efficient rotary cutter blade are powered by a Briggs & Stratton 650 Ex Series™ EcoPlus™ petrol engine, engineered to offer excellent performance with reduced noise and emissions, while the integrated ReadyStart® system means that there is no need to prime the engine before use. The Harrier 48 BBC Autodrive also features a blade brake clutch system, allowing you to stop the blade while leaving the engine running, which reduces the number of engine restarts necessary (for example, when emptying the generous 70 litre grass bag) and makes the machine easy to move across hard or uneven ground without risking damage.
The attention to detail lavished on the engine of the Harrier 48 BBC Autodrive is extended to the rest of the machine. The split ribbed rear roller, for example, is designed to offer superior traction and manoeuvrability, as well as to produce a crisp striped finish on your lawn. Moreover, variable height-of-cut adjustment (13-60mm), controlled via simple and convenient counter-balanced single lever system, means that the Harrier 48 is versatile enough to deal with a variety of lawn conditions. As well as offering excellent performance, the Harrier 48 BBC Autodrive is also notable for the quality of its build, with a corrosion resistant die-cast aluminium deck and robust ABS underdeck liner making this machine as durable as any on the market.
Moreover, the cutting deck is engineered to further boost performance, with integrated enhancement fins for improved cut and collection, and a deck which extends beyond the wheel base to allow for easy mowing around borders. Manufactured in Great Britain, the Harrier 48 BBC Autodrive also comes with Hayter’s five-year consumer warranty, further bolstering the longevity of this already impressively durable machine.
Do you need advice on buying the best lawn mower for your garden? Make sure you read our free articles to help you make the right choice.
• 48cm (19”) die-cast aluminium cutting deck, offering durability and enhanced cut and collection performance
• Briggs & Stratton 650 Ex Series™ engine with recoil start, also featuring variable speed settings (1.5mph-3mph) for convenience and blade brake clutch system for added safety
• Counter-balanced single lever height-of-cut adjustment (13mm-60mm) for adaptability and improved utility
• Long life ball bearings in front wheels to ensure smooth operation and an even finish
• Folding handlebar for easy storage, and large (70 litre) easy-to-empty fabric grass bag which can also be removed for use as a rear-discharge mower
|Engine:||190cc 650 Ex Series™ Ecoplus™ with Readystart®|
|Power source:||Unleaded petrol|
|Cutting system:||Metal blade|
|Cutting height:||13mm - 60mm|
|Collection bag:||Fabric / 70-litre|
|Drive system:||Autodrive Variable Speed 1.5-3 mph|
About HayterThe name Hayter, in garden machinery circles, goes back over 60 years to 1946 when Douglas Hayter produced his first rotary lawn mower and subsequently sold it to Ipswich Town the following year. Here, the Hayter lawnmower was born. From this point, the company has gone from strength to strength with an ever-increasing portfolio of lawn maintenance equipment that is used by both professionals and domestic gardeners. Uniquely, much of the Hayter lawnmower range is still British made, with a healthy workforce gainfully employed at the company headquarters in Spellbrook, near Bishop's Stortford in Hertfordshire.
With a Royal Warrant to protect, quality standards need to be kept at a premium and this is never more evident than with the Hayter Harrier range of rear roller rotary petrol lawnmowers that have set the standard for this type of machine for over 2 decades. The company has not forsaken traditional skills with the advent of computer-aided design, but has instead combined both, with the resultant Hayter lawnmower products some of the finest garden maintenance and grass care equipment available today.
So why buy from Lawnmowers Direct?
Well firstly, we're pretty good at what we do. In fact, we'd class ourselves as experts. With more than 40 years experience supplying lawnmowers to both home users and professionals, we know what we're talking about. We pride ourselves on our high levels of customer service and we're happy to provide help and support throughout the process, from your initial decision making to after sales, servicing, repairs and spare parts. The service we're offering is a complete one, and unlike some other companies, we are specialists.
We know that not all our customers are looking for the same products, and that they come to us with different knowledge levels. We've built a Free Advice section to help you if you're not sure where to start looking, or you can use our search facility if you've more of an idea what you're looking for. If there's anything you can't find or you just need a little bit more help, feel free to Contact Us.
We hold an extensive stock between our two showrooms, and this means we can offer competitive pricing on everything we sell. If you've found the same product in stock for less on another website, we will try our best to match the offer.
All petrol machinery is checked before dispatch by our team of trained mechanics. While this means we can't always offer same day dispatch, it does mean you'll be getting a bit of kit which will definitely work. We know sometimes things go wrong, but we do our best to make sure they don't, and if you have any problems just get in touch with our customer service team who will be able to help fix it.
If you're not convinced, have a little look at our reviews.