Hayter Harrier 48 Pro Autodrive Rear Roller Petrol Lawnmower | 496
- Availability: Available
- Estimated Dispatch: 1 - 2 working days
- Manufacturer: Hayter
- Delivery Charge: Free To UK Mainland
Designed for the professional gardener, this rear roller mower is robust, dynamic and flexible enough to lighten any workload. Powered by a Briggs & Stratton 850 Ex Series petrol engine.
- £14.99-£15.99 Select optionsLawnmower Starter KitPurchase a lawnmower starter kit with your new petrol lawnmower for some useful extras to help your lawnmower perform better for longer. Available in two varieties (one for Honda engines, and one for Briggs and Stratton engines).
- Briggs & Stratton 992233 Service KitService kit for the Briggs & Stratton 625 Series, 650 Series, 675 Series & Quantum.
- Briggs & Stratton Oil Removal Pump | 992423The Briggs & Stratton Oil Removal Pump is used for the simple and safe removal of oil from all types of engines. This kit comes with a vacuum pump, 4 litre container with lids, hose with shut off clip and funnel.
- £4.25Lawnmaster Lawnmowers Direct SAE 30 Oil – 600mlFor use in diesel and petrol engines in horticultural equipment where an oil to API SF/CC quality is required.
- Hayter 480149 Genuine Replacement Blade19inch / 48cm Hayter blade to fit the Hayter mower model 433, 434, 490, 491, 493 & 496.
- £4.99Briggs & Stratton 992381 Fuel Fit Additive 250ml250ml genuine fuel additive for 2 and 4 stroke engines.
- Multi-Sharp Rotary Lawn Mower Blade SharpenerMulti-Sharps Rotary Mower Sharpener is designed to fit to any power drill and produces a sharp new cutting edge on rotary mower blades in minutes. Grinder can also be used to re-sharpen edges on spades, hoes, lawn-edgers and axes.
Hayter’s reputation for making high quality garden machinery means that their mowers are the choice of many a professional contractor, and the powerful Hayter Harrier 48 Pro is precision engineered to lighten any heavy workload. The professional landscaper or gardener need thus look no further than this impressive machine for a mower which is robust, dynamic and flexible enough to tackle a variety of grassed areas with ease.
At the heart of the Harrier 48 Pro is a potent 190cc Briggs & Stratton 850 Ex Series™ petrol engine with recoil start, fitted with a cast iron cylinder sleeve and dual air intake system in order to guarantee excellent performance, power and reliability. As well as driving the mower’s efficient rotary cutter and self-propulsion system, Briggs & Stratton’s EcoPlus™ engines are designed to reduce emissions, and their ReadyStart® system means that there is no need to prime before use.
With the Harrier 48 Pro you can be assured of achieving an outstanding striped finish on any lawn up to the size of a tennis court, thanks in no small part to Hayter’s commitment to quality and attention to detail. For example, the tough die-cast aluminium deck and ABS underdeck liner are fitted with enhancement fins to improve cutting and collection performance, while the deck extends beyond the wheelbase to allow for easy mowing around borders. Moreover, the Harrier 48 Pro also features variable cutting height adjustment (13mm-60mm), and the ribbed rear roller is optimised to produce a crisp striped and even finish.
On top of all of this, the Harrier 48 Pro is manufactured in Great Britain and fitted with Hayter’s unique friction disc system, designed to protect your mower’s engine should you hit a solid object while mowing. Hayter’s confidence in this system is such that they even offer a lifetime guarantee against engine crankshaft bending. For extra peace of mind, this already robust mower also comes with a one year warranty, making the Hayter Harrier 48 Pro a perfect investment for anyone who needs to maintain a fine, professional-quality finish on a medium to large lawn.
Do you need advice on buying the best lawn mower for your garden? Make sure you read our free articles to help you make the right choice.
• 48cm (19”) corrosion resistant aluminium cutting deck, offering enhanced durability and improved cut and collection performance
• Commercial Briggs & Stratton 850 Ex Series™ engine with recoil start, fitted with a cast iron cylinder sleeve and dual air intake system for guaranteed performance, power and reliability
• Variable height-of-cut adjustment (13mm-60mm) for added versatility
• Folding handlebar for easy storage and large (70 litre) easy-to-empty fabric grass bag for convenience
• Ergonomically designed controls featuring failsafe Operator Presence Control system
|Engine/motor:||190cc 850 Ex Series™ Ecoplus™ I/C with Readystart®|
|Power source:||Unleaded petrol|
|Deck material:||Die-cast aluminium|
|Cutting system:||Metal blade|
|Cutting height:||13mm - 60mm|
|Warranty:||1 year commercial|
About HayterThe name Hayter, in garden machinery circles, goes back over 60 years to 1946 when Douglas Hayter produced his first rotary lawn mower and subsequently sold it to Ipswich Town the following year. Here, the Hayter lawnmower was born. From this point, the company has gone from strength to strength with an ever-increasing portfolio of lawn maintenance equipment that is used by both professionals and domestic gardeners. Uniquely, much of the Hayter lawnmower range is still British made, with a healthy workforce gainfully employed at the company headquarters in Spellbrook, near Bishop's Stortford in Hertfordshire.
With a Royal Warrant to protect, quality standards need to be kept at a premium and this is never more evident than with the Hayter Harrier range of rear roller rotary petrol lawnmowers that have set the standard for this type of machine for over 2 decades. The company has not forsaken traditional skills with the advent of computer-aided design, but has instead combined both, with the resultant Hayter lawnmower products some of the finest garden maintenance and grass care equipment available today.
So why buy from Lawnmowers Direct?
Well firstly, we're pretty good at what we do. In fact, we'd class ourselves as experts. With more than 40 years experience supplying lawnmowers to both home users and professionals, we know what we're talking about. We pride ourselves on our high levels of customer service and we're happy to provide help and support throughout the process, from your initial decision making to after sales, servicing, repairs and spare parts. The service we're offering is a complete one, and unlike some other companies, we are specialists.
We know that not all our customers are looking for the same products, and that they come to us with different knowledge levels. We've built a Free Advice section to help you if you're not sure where to start looking, or you can use our search facility if you've more of an idea what you're looking for. If there's anything you can't find or you just need a little bit more help, feel free to Contact Us.
We hold an extensive stock between our two showrooms, and this means we can offer competitive pricing on everything we sell. If you've found the same product in stock for less on another website, we will try our best to match the offer.
All petrol machinery is checked before dispatch by our team of trained mechanics. While this means we can't always offer same day dispatch, it does mean you'll be getting a bit of kit which will definitely work. We know sometimes things go wrong, but we do our best to make sure they don't, and if you have any problems just get in touch with our customer service team who will be able to help fix it.
If you're not convinced, have a little look at our reviews.