Hayter Harrier 48 Autodrive Rear Roller Petrol Lawnmower | 490
- Availability: Available
- Estimated Dispatch: 4 - 6 working days
- Manufacturer: Hayter
- Delivery Charge: Free To UK Mainland
Powered by a Briggs & Stratton petrol engine, it also features a range of speed settings, single lever height-of-cut adjustment, and a split ribbed rear roller to leave your lawn with an immaculate striped finish.
- £14.99-£15.99 Select optionsLawnmower Starter KitPurchase a lawnmower starter kit with your new petrol lawnmower for some useful extras to help your lawnmower perform better for longer. Available in two varieties (one for Honda engines, and one for Briggs and Stratton engines).
- Briggs & Stratton 992233 Service KitService kit for the Briggs & Stratton 625 Series, 650 Series, 675 Series & Quantum.
- Briggs & Stratton Oil Removal Pump | 992423The Briggs & Stratton Oil Removal Pump is used for the simple and safe removal of oil from all types of engines. This kit comes with a vacuum pump, 4 litre container with lids, hose with shut off clip and funnel.
- £4.25Lawnmaster Lawnmowers Direct SAE 30 Oil – 600mlFor use in diesel and petrol engines in horticultural equipment where an oil to API SF/CC quality is required.
- Hayter 480149 Genuine Replacement Blade19inch / 48cm Hayter blade to fit the Hayter mower model 433, 434, 490, 491, 493 & 496.
- £4.99Briggs & Stratton 992381 Fuel Fit Additive 250ml250ml genuine fuel additive for 2 and 4 stroke engines.
- Multi-Sharp Rotary Lawn Mower Blade SharpenerMulti-Sharps Rotary Mower Sharpener is designed to fit to any power drill and produces a sharp new cutting edge on rotary mower blades in minutes. Grinder can also be used to re-sharpen edges on spades, hoes, lawn-edgers and axes.
The award winning Hayter Harrier 48 series has a deserved reputation as one of the best rear roller rotary mowers available today. Perfect for keeping medium to large lawns in pristine condition, the Harrier 48 Autodrive combines excellent build quality with expert design and engineering to create a versatile and easy to use lawnmower.
Powered by the Briggs & Stratton 650 Ex Series™ EcoPlus™ engine, this powerful self-propelled machine offers a range of speed settings (1.5mph-3mph) to suit your preferred pace of work and the integrated ReadyStart® system means that there is no need to prime the engine before use. The Harrier 48 also features a 48cm cutting width, and a split ribbed rear roller, incorporating differential and self-aligning roller bearings, which provides superior traction and turning ability and will leave your lawn with an immaculate striped finish. Moreover, the Harrier 48 Autodrive’s counter-balanced single lever height-of-cut adjustment system (13mm-60mm) further adds the versatility of this machine, allowing you to switch effortlessly between seven different height settings. This model also features a large capacity 70 litre fabric grass bag which is easy to empty and can be removed so that the Hayter Harrier 48 can also be used as a rear discharge mower when dealing with rougher areas of grass.
Designed and manufactured in the UK, the Hayter Harrier 48 Autodrive is also notable for the quality and durability of its construction. The die-cast aluminium deck is corrosion resistant and extends beyond the wheelbase to allow for easy mowing around borders. Similarly, the mower’s tough ABS underdeck liner offers both sturdiness and enhanced performance, improving cut quality, reducing noise during operation and allowing for easy cleaning. Moreover, the friction disc installed in the Hayter Harrier 48 Autodrive comes with a lifetime guarantee against engine crankshaft damage, and for added peace of mind this mower is also covered by Hayter’s five-year consumer warranty.
Do you need advice on buying the best lawn mower for your garden? Make sure you read our free articles to help you make the right choice.
• 48cm (19”) die-cast aluminium cutting deck for enhanced durability and cut and collection performance, and for ease of use when mowing around borders
• Briggs & Stratton 650 Ex Series™ engine with traditional recoil start, providing guaranteed power and performance and variable speed settings (1.5mph-3mph)
• Smooth running, long life ball bearings in front wheels ensuring an even finish
• Folding handlebar for easy storage, and large (70 litre) easy-to-empty fabric grass bag for excellent collection performance
• Counter-balanced single lever height-of-cut adjustment (13mm-60mm) for adaptability and enhanced utility
|Engine/motor:||190cc 650 Ex Series™ Ecoplus™ with Readystart|
|Power source:||Unleaded petrol|
|Cutting system:||Metal blade|
|Cutting height:||13mm - 60mm|
|Warranty:||5 year domestic & 90 day commercial|
About HayterThe name Hayter, in garden machinery circles, goes back over 60 years to 1946 when Douglas Hayter produced his first rotary lawn mower and subsequently sold it to Ipswich Town the following year. Here, the Hayter lawnmower was born. From this point, the company has gone from strength to strength with an ever-increasing portfolio of lawn maintenance equipment that is used by both professionals and domestic gardeners. Uniquely, much of the Hayter lawnmower range is still British made, with a healthy workforce gainfully employed at the company headquarters in Spellbrook, near Bishop's Stortford in Hertfordshire.
With a Royal Warrant to protect, quality standards need to be kept at a premium and this is never more evident than with the Hayter Harrier range of rear roller rotary petrol lawnmowers that have set the standard for this type of machine for over 2 decades. The company has not forsaken traditional skills with the advent of computer-aided design, but has instead combined both, with the resultant Hayter lawnmower products some of the finest garden maintenance and grass care equipment available today.
So why buy from Lawnmowers Direct?
Well firstly, we're pretty good at what we do. In fact, we'd class ourselves as experts. With more than 40 years experience supplying lawnmowers to both home users and professionals, we know what we're talking about. We pride ourselves on our high levels of customer service and we're happy to provide help and support throughout the process, from your initial decision making to after sales, servicing, repairs and spare parts. The service we're offering is a complete one, and unlike some other companies, we are specialists.
We know that not all our customers are looking for the same products, and that they come to us with different knowledge levels. We've built a Free Advice section to help you if you're not sure where to start looking, or you can use our search facility if you've more of an idea what you're looking for. If there's anything you can't find or you just need a little bit more help, feel free to Contact Us.
We hold an extensive stock between our two showrooms, and this means we can offer competitive pricing on everything we sell. If you've found the same product in stock for less on another website, we will try our best to match the offer.
All petrol machinery is checked before dispatch by our team of trained mechanics. While this means we can't always offer same day dispatch, it does mean you'll be getting a bit of kit which will definitely work. We know sometimes things go wrong, but we do our best to make sure they don't, and if you have any problems just get in touch with our customer service team who will be able to help fix it.
If you're not convinced, have a little look at our reviews.