Honda FF500 Tiller & Cultivator
- Availability: Special Order Item
- Estimated Dispatch: Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for dispatch estimate
- Manufacturer: Honda
- Delivery Charge: Free To UK Mainland
Honda’s FF500 is a heavy duty, commercial grade rotary tiller designed to tackle the toughest soil cultivation work with ease.
- Husqvarna Hearing Protectors with HeadbandThese effective hearing protectors are designed for use without a hard hat and feature a lightweight, flexible padded headband. With a noise reduction rating of 25dB, they mitigate the effects of environmental noise and prevent hearing damage.
- £7.10Honda Fuel Stabiliser 250ml 08CXZFSC250Honda fuel stabiliser specifically designed for Honda engines will help preserve all fuel properties during long term storage. This product is recommended for all engines running occasionally or for long term storage.
- Oregon Polycarbonate Protective Safety Glasses Q515069Keep safe with these light weight Oregon safety glasses. They're ergonomic design wraps around your eyes to maximise safety.
Way out at the very cutting edge of tiller technology, happily roaming on hard ground where other cultivators fear to tread, lives the Honda FF500. This heavy duty, commercial rotary tiller is a magnificent beast to behold, with its armoured coat in glossy red and fearsome set of teeth which chew through heavily compacted soil with ease. Yet for all of its admirable power the FF500 is also a surprisingly agile and amiable creature, offering great convenience and precision in its never-ending quest to loosen, lift and turn dense soil so that life my thrive anew in its wake.
Built with a powerful 160cc GCV160 petrol engine, the incredible fuel efficiency of Honda’s four-stroke technology means that the FF500 is economical to run and yet capable of achieving outstanding high torque performance. Its four-speed gearbox, moreover, allows you to adjust the performance to suit the conditions underfoot, with three forward and one reverse gear available. This is complemented by the inclusion of a high capacity 1.7 litre fuel tank and an easily accessible recoil starter, thereby ensuring user-friendliness to match the FF500’s performance.
Where the FF500 really excels, however, is in the power of its four counter-rotating digging tines which bite deep into compacted soil, offering a maximum working width/depth of 55cm/20cm to tackle heavy duty cultivation work with ease. For added versatility you can also remove one set of tiller blades, thus reducing the working width and allowing greater precision when the task requires. A differential locking mechanism, moreover, means that the FF500 can turn on a sixpence, which makes working up and down narrowly planted rows of crops much less tiring. The FF500’s incredible manoeuvrability is further enhanced by the inclusion of a clever security loop handle with multiple grips, allowing the tiller to be safely operated from any angle, along with its large rear wheels with high-grip tyres.
For added convenience, meanwhile, the handlebar also folds away to facilitate storage, while a retractable front wheel ensures added stability and mobility when moving the FF500 to and from worksites. Sturdily built with only top quality components, Honda’s FF500 will therefore make even the toughest professional tilling work on the largest plots much easier to handle, while an optional ridger tool (available separately) further increases the FF500’s versatility by saving valuable time and effort when planting or earthing-up potatoes, tubers and other crops. This, in short, is a machine you definitely want on your side when faced with any challenging soil cultivation job.
Make sure you know which rotavator, tiller or cultivator is best for your garden and read our free article before you make your purchase.
• Featuring a powerful 160cc GCV160 four-stroke petrol engine, designed by Honda for optimal power, performance and efficiency
• Fitted with a four-speed gearbox (featuring three forward gears and reverse) for added control and convenience in a variety of working situations
• Comes equipped with a set of four counter-rotating digging tines which bite deep into compacted soil, offering a maximum working width/depth of 55cm/20cm
• Tiller array can also be easily adapted to reduce the working width, thus ensuring extra precision when working up and down narrowly spaced rows of crops
• A clever height-adjustable security loop handle with multiple grips enables safe operation from any angle, with differential steering offering a tighter turning circle
• Also featuring two large rear wheels with high-grip tyres and a retractable front wheel designed to facilitate transportation
• Sturdy build and high quality components work together to ensure a long and dependable service life.
|Engine/motor:||Honda GCV160 OHC 160cc|
|Power source:||Unleaded petrol|
|Transmission:||Wheels - mesh / Tines - chain and gear|
|Gears:||3 forward/1 reverse|
|Warranty:||5-year domestic/1-year commercial|
|Dimensions||75 x 116 x 96 cm|
About HondaA legendary brand know across the globe and synonymous with quality, the Honda marque traces its origins back to founder Soichiro Honda who marketed his own self-styled piston designs before World War II. From this beginning the Honda Motor Company was born in 1948 with the Honda Cub motorcycle following soon after. Today, the company is the single largest manufacturer of internal combustion engines in the world and it is this pedigree that goes into the development of Honda garden machinery.
Probably best known amongst gardening professionals for their large range of garden tillers and cultivators, Honda also produce some very fine petrol rotary lawn mowers, in particular their core range of domestic machines, known as the HRX models, that have rewritten modern lawn mower design. Not content with producing some of the best lawn mowers available, Honda have also turned the powered hand-tool sector upside-down by replacing traditional 2-stroke fuelled power units with the cleaner, quieter 4-stroke engines that the company is famous for. Never content with the present, Honda are certain to carry on developing their garden machinery products to stay at the cutting edge of design and performance.
So why buy from Lawnmowers Direct?
Well firstly, we're pretty good at what we do. In fact, we'd class ourselves as experts. With more than 40 years experience supplying lawnmowers to both home users and professionals, we know what we're talking about. We pride ourselves on our high levels of customer service and we're happy to provide help and support throughout the process, from your initial decision making to after sales, servicing, repairs and spare parts. The service we're offering is a complete one, and unlike some other companies, we are specialists.
We know that not all our customers are looking for the same products, and that they come to us with different knowledge levels. We've built a Free Advice section to help you if you're not sure where to start looking, or you can use our search facility if you've more of an idea what you're looking for. If there's anything you can't find or you just need a little bit more help, feel free to Contact Us.
We hold an extensive stock between our two showrooms, and this means we can offer competitive pricing on everything we sell. If you've found the same product in stock for less on another website, we will try our best to match the offer.
All petrol machinery is checked before dispatch by our team of trained mechanics. While this means we can't always offer same day dispatch, it does mean you'll be getting a bit of kit which will definitely work. We know sometimes things go wrong, but we do our best to make sure they don't, and if you have any problems just get in touch with our customer service team who will be able to help fix it.
If you're not convinced, have a little look at our reviews.