Honda FJ500 DER Tiller
- Availability: Available
- Estimated Dispatch: 4 - 6 working days
- Manufacturer: Honda
- Delivery Charge: Free To UK Mainland
Designed to be powerful, versatile and easy to operate for a truly luxurious tilling experience. Featuring a hardworking 163cc Honda GX160 four-stroke petrol engine and a three-speed gearbox.
- Husqvarna Hearing Protectors with HeadbandThese effective hearing protectors are designed for use without a hard hat and feature a lightweight, flexible padded headband. With a noise reduction rating of 25dB, they mitigate the effects of environmental noise and prevent hearing damage.
- £7.10Honda Fuel Stabiliser 250ml 08CXZFSC250Honda fuel stabiliser specifically designed for Honda engines will help preserve all fuel properties during long term storage. This product is recommended for all engines running occasionally or for long term storage.
- Oregon Polycarbonate Protective Safety Glasses Q515069Keep safe with these light weight Oregon safety glasses. They're ergonomic design wraps around your eyes to maximise safety.
The word ‘deluxe’ is derived from the French ‘de luxe’, meaning ‘of luxury’. It is a word with connotations of sumptuousness, extravagance and splendour, which are characteristics more commonly associated with five star hotel rooms, expensive cars and opulent travel packages than rotary tillers. But Honda’s FJ500 Deluxe mid-tine tiller bucks this trend with its high quality build and design, offering enough power and performance to tackle challenging soil cultivation work but with a range of handy features to make tilling a hassle-free, enjoyable and, yes, even a luxurious experience.
It makes sense to begin then by mentioning a few of the FJ500 Deluxe’s various ergonomic features. Foremost among these is the cleverly designed handlebar; fully height-adjustable to suit your particular needs, the handles also offer quick and convenient access to all controls and fold neatly down to save space during storage and transportation. Speaking of which, the FJ500 Deluxe also features a retractable front wheel to make it easier to get your tiller to where it is needed (particularly handy if you are traversing hard surfaces or moving it from a car to an allotment). On top of all of this, the combination of a quick-starting recoil ignition system and a high capacity 2.4 litre fuel tank saves significant time and effort otherwise spent on refuelling and restarts.
Supplied as standard with an impressive array of six individually detachable rotary tines, the FJ500 Deluxe is capable of loosening, turning, aerating and weeding medium to large areas of compacted soil with ease. The inclusion of an adjustable depth bar and the quick, tool-free removal system on the tiller rotors means that Honda’s deluxe soil cultivator is also luxuriously versatile, with working widths of 35cm (two rotors), 60cm (four rotors) and 90cm (six rotors) available. This means that the FJ500 Deluxe can be used for everything from larger-scale preparation of ground for grass seeding to precision work between narrowly planted rows of crops. In the latter case, the FJ500’s sturdy side protection discs work to prevent damage to plants caused by debris thrown up by the rotors during operation.
None of this would amount to much, however, were it not for the quiet, clean and smooth running power supplied by the FJ500 Deluxe’s GX160 four-stroke petrol engine. Built with a cast iron cylinder sleeve and a dual element air cleaner for proven reliability and a longer service life, this powerful engine also features an overhead valve design for increased efficiency and optimal power transfer. By complementing this power with a three-speed gear box, Honda also offer enhanced control and manoeuvrability and so allow you to tailor performance depending on the conditions at hand. This superb power and performance further backs up Honda’s claim for the FJ500 to be recognised a truly ‘deluxe’ piece of kit.
Make sure you know which rotavator, tiller or cultivator is best for your garden and read our free article before you make your purchase.
• Driven by a hardworking 163cc Honda GX160 four-stroke petrol engine, featuring a cast iron cylinder sleeve and a dual element air cleaner for proven reliability
• Fitted with an easily accessible recoil starter for ease of operation, along with a high capacity 2.4 litre fuel tank to provide longer intervals between fuel stops
• Also featuring a three-speed gear box with two forward tilling speeds to optimise performance in varying soil conditions and reverse for increased manoeuvrability
• Equipped as standard with a set of six detachable tines for variable working widths between 32.5cm and 80cm, with an adjustable depth bar further increasing flexibility
• Also equipped with side protection discs to prevent damage to plants caused by thrown debris when working between narrowly planted rows of crops
• Additional ergonomic features include a retractable front transport wheel and height-adjustable handlebars which fold away for storage
• Also compatible with an optional extendable furrower attachment (available separately) for added versatility
|Engine/motor:||Honda GX160 OHV 163cc|
|Power source:||Unleaded petrol|
4 – 6 working days
About HondaA legendary brand know across the globe and synonymous with quality, the Honda marque traces its origins back to founder Soichiro Honda who marketed his own self-styled piston designs before World War II. From this beginning the Honda Motor Company was born in 1948 with the Honda Cub motorcycle following soon after. Today, the company is the single largest manufacturer of internal combustion engines in the world and it is this pedigree that goes into the development of Honda garden machinery.
Probably best known amongst gardening professionals for their large range of garden tillers and cultivators, Honda also produce some very fine petrol rotary lawn mowers, in particular their core range of domestic machines, known as the HRX models, that have rewritten modern lawn mower design. Not content with producing some of the best lawn mowers available, Honda have also turned the powered hand-tool sector upside-down by replacing traditional 2-stroke fuelled power units with the cleaner, quieter 4-stroke engines that the company is famous for. Never content with the present, Honda are certain to carry on developing their garden machinery products to stay at the cutting edge of design and performance.
So why buy from Lawnmowers Direct?
Well firstly, we're pretty good at what we do. In fact, we'd class ourselves as experts. With more than 40 years experience supplying lawnmowers to both home users and professionals, we know what we're talking about. We pride ourselves on our high levels of customer service and we're happy to provide help and support throughout the process, from your initial decision making to after sales, servicing, repairs and spare parts. The service we're offering is a complete one, and unlike some other companies, we are specialists.
We know that not all our customers are looking for the same products, and that they come to us with different knowledge levels. We've built a Free Advice section to help you if you're not sure where to start looking, or you can use our search facility if you've more of an idea what you're looking for. If there's anything you can't find or you just need a little bit more help, feel free to Contact Us.
We hold an extensive stock between our two showrooms, and this means we can offer competitive pricing on everything we sell. If you've found the same product in stock for less on another website, we will try our best to match the offer.
All petrol machinery is checked before dispatch by our team of trained mechanics. While this means we can't always offer same day dispatch, it does mean you'll be getting a bit of kit which will definitely work. We know sometimes things go wrong, but we do our best to make sure they don't, and if you have any problems just get in touch with our customer service team who will be able to help fix it.
If you're not convinced, have a little look at our reviews.