Honda HRG466SKEP IZY Mulching Petrol Lawnmower
- Availability: Available
- Estimated Dispatch: 4 - 6 working days
- Manufacturer: Honda
- Delivery Charge: Free To UK Mainland
Part of Honda’s Izy range of four-wheeled rotary lawnmowers, the HRG 466 SKEP is ideal for maintaining small to medium lawns thanks to its robust 46cm steel cutting deck and single speed self-propulsion system.
- £14.99-£15.99 Select optionsLawnmower Starter KitPurchase a lawnmower starter kit with your new petrol lawnmower for some useful extras to help your lawnmower perform better for longer. Available in two varieties (one for Honda engines, and one for Briggs and Stratton engines).
- Briggs & Stratton Oil Removal Pump | 992423The Briggs & Stratton Oil Removal Pump is used for the simple and safe removal of oil from all types of engines. This kit comes with a vacuum pump, 4 litre container with lids, hose with shut off clip and funnel.
- £6.99Lawnmaster Lawnmowers Direct 10W40 Oil – 1 LitreLawnmowers Direct 10W/40 is designed for use in all horticultural 4 stroke engines, both diesel and petrol where an oil of this quality is required.
- £7.10Honda Fuel Stabiliser 250ml 08CXZFSC250Honda fuel stabiliser specifically designed for Honda engines will help preserve all fuel properties during long term storage. This product is recommended for all engines running occasionally or for long term storage.
- £12.99Honda Service Kit – 06211-ZL8-010This service kit is designed specifically for the Honda GC/GCV 135-160 series of lawnmower engines.
The Honda HRG466SKEP replaces the HRG466SKEX.
Part of Honda’s line of Izy four-wheeled rotary lawnmowers, the HRG466SKEP is a high-level, high-performance model, much like the rest of the Izy series. This particular mower also boasts added versatility thanks to its built in mulching capabilities. Honda machines are designed to be top quality, offering great performance and longevity; they are so confident in the HRG466SKEP’s build quality that it comes with a full five-year warranty. You can use the HRG466SKEP confident in the knowledge that it has been built for a long and efficient service life. Featuring a tough 46cm steel cutting deck and a single speed self-propulsion system, this mower is ideal for medium to large gardens, particularly those in which slopes or rough ground make mowing difficult.
The HRG466SKEP boasts two distinct cutting modes: traditional cut and collection, and superbly efficient mulching. For the collection option, the Honda HRG466SKEP is equipped with a high-capaPart of Honda’s line of Izy four-wheeled rotary lawnmowers, the HRG466SKEP is a high-level, high-performance model. This particular mower also boasts added versatility thanks to its built in mulching capabilities, so you can easily recycle clippings. These machines are designed to be top quality, offering great performance and longevity; Honda are so confident in the HRG466SKEP’s build quality that it comes with a full five-year warranty. You can use this model confident in the knowledge that it has been built for a long and efficient service life. Featuring a tough 46cm (18”) steel cutting deck and a single speed self-propulsion system, this mower is ideal for medium to large gardens, particularly those in which slopes or rough ground make mowing difficult.
The Honda HRG466SKEP features two cutting modes: traditional cut and collection, and superbly efficient mulching. For the collection option, the Honda HRG466SKEP is equipped with a high-capacity 55 litre fabric grass bag. This means you won’t need to stop regularly to empty the bag of clippings, which helps speed up the time it takes to mow your lawn overall. Furthermore, a high air flow design works to enhance collection performance, with a fine mesh used to trap dust and keep everything working efficiently. The blade has been redesigned to help improve the cut and collect functionality, and reduce noise levels.
If you want to be rid of the need to use a bag altogether, you can utilise the mower’s optional mulching function, which cuts and re-cuts the grass before redistributing the cuttings onto the lawn; these grass particles break down to act as a natural fertiliser, encouraging the growth of healthy green grass, and helping lock in moisture. With just a single lever you can switch between collection or mulching. Similar flexibility is offered when it comes to the height of cut, which can be adjusted via a simple and easily accessible lever on the side of the mower. This cutting height selection system allows you to choose from between six different height settings, ranging from 20mm to 74mm, ensuring for a precise finish in a wide variety of cutting conditions.
This model features self-propulsion (.0.89 metres per second). This helps take the effort out of mowing by removing the need to push a heavy machine around your lawn – simply walk behind and guide the mower around obstacles. Power is provided by one of Honda’s powerful and quiet-running 160cc OHC four-stroke GCV160 petrol engines, designed to offer reduced noise and vibration levels. Easy start is guaranteed every time, even in cold weather, thanks to the auto choke system, while the new and improved starter cord design features a soft grip handle to help ensure your comfort.
Other design features have also been employed to ensure the longevity of the machine and to make it more convenient to use. The intelligent design of the blade, for example, means that if it hits an obstacle it will twist rather than break, thereby protecting the mower’s crankshaft and reducing running costs. Precautions have also been taken with regard to the cutting deck, which has specially treated to resist UV abrasion, corrosion and rust. Finally, when you have finished mowing, the folding handlebar and collapsible grass bag means that storage should not be a problem by the amount of space required, while transportation is straightforward due to the mower’s low weight (only 32kg).
• Featuring a robust 46cm steel cutting deck, specially treated to resist corrosion, UV abrasion and rust
• Equipped with a high capacity 55 litre grass bag, made with high air flow design for enhanced collection performance and increased mowing time between stops
• Optional mulching controlled by a single lever
• Also featuring a single speed self-propulsion system, powered by a quiet-running 160cc OHC 4-stroke GCV160 engine
• Easy starting is guaranteed every time by the auto choke system, even in cold weather, while the soft grip starter cord provides added user comfort
• Height of cut adjustment system, operated via a simple lever on the side of the mower, offers six different height settings between 20mm and 74mm
• Intelligent blade design lengthens the life of the blade and reduces service costs
• Storage and transportation are not a problem due to the folding handlebar and low weight of the mower (32kg)
|Power Source:||Unleaded petrol|
|Cutting System:||Metal blade|
|Cutting Height:||20mm - 74mm|
|Collection bag:||Fabric / 55-litres|
|Warranty:||5 year domestic (3 months professional)|
About HondaA legendary brand know across the globe and synonymous with quality, the Honda marque traces its origins back to founder Soichiro Honda who marketed his own self-styled piston designs before World War II. From this beginning the Honda Motor Company was born in 1948 with the Honda Cub motorcycle following soon after. Today, the company is the single largest manufacturer of internal combustion engines in the world and it is this pedigree that goes into the development of Honda garden machinery.
Probably best known amongst gardening professionals for their large range of garden tillers and cultivators, Honda also produce some very fine petrol rotary lawn mowers, in particular their core range of domestic machines, known as the HRX models, that have rewritten modern lawn mower design. Not content with producing some of the best lawn mowers available, Honda have also turned the powered hand-tool sector upside-down by replacing traditional 2-stroke fuelled power units with the cleaner, quieter 4-stroke engines that the company is famous for. Never content with the present, Honda are certain to carry on developing their garden machinery products to stay at the cutting edge of design and performance.
So why buy from Lawnmowers Direct?
Well firstly, we're pretty good at what we do. In fact, we'd class ourselves as experts. With more than 40 years experience supplying lawnmowers to both home users and professionals, we know what we're talking about. We pride ourselves on our high levels of customer service and we're happy to provide help and support throughout the process, from your initial decision making to after sales, servicing, repairs and spare parts. The service we're offering is a complete one, and unlike some other companies, we are specialists.
We know that not all our customers are looking for the same products, and that they come to us with different knowledge levels. We've built a Free Advice section to help you if you're not sure where to start looking, or you can use our search facility if you've more of an idea what you're looking for. If there's anything you can't find or you just need a little bit more help, feel free to Contact Us.
We hold an extensive stock between our two showrooms, and this means we can offer competitive pricing on everything we sell. If you've found the same product in stock for less on another website, we will try our best to match the offer.
All petrol machinery is checked before dispatch by our team of trained mechanics. While this means we can't always offer same day dispatch, it does mean you'll be getting a bit of kit which will definitely work. We know sometimes things go wrong, but we do our best to make sure they don't, and if you have any problems just get in touch with our customer service team who will be able to help fix it.
If you're not convinced, have a little look at our reviews.