Honda UM616EB Rough Grass Cutter
- Availability: Discontinued
- Estimated Dispatch: No longer available
- Manufacturer: Honda
- Delivery Charge: Free To UK Mainland
Honda’s tough and reliable UM 616 EBE Grass Cutter, the largest in its range, is designed for grounds maintenance professionals or home owners dealing with large areas of rough ground, such as grass verges or orchards.
Out of stock
- Briggs & Stratton Oil Removal Pump | 992423The Briggs & Stratton Oil Removal Pump is used for the simple and safe removal of oil from all types of engines. This kit comes with a vacuum pump, 4 litre container with lids, hose with shut off clip and funnel.
- £6.99Lawnmaster Lawnmowers Direct 10W40 Oil – 1 LitreLawnmowers Direct 10W/40 is designed for use in all horticultural 4 stroke engines, both diesel and petrol where an oil of this quality is required.
- Oregon Polycarbonate Protective Safety Glasses Q515069Keep safe with these light weight Oregon safety glasses. They're ergonomic design wraps around your eyes to maximise safety.
- Multi-Sharp Rotary Lawn Mower Blade SharpenerMulti-Sharps Rotary Mower Sharpener is designed to fit to any power drill and produces a sharp new cutting edge on rotary mower blades in minutes. Grinder can also be used to re-sharpen edges on spades, hoes, lawn-edgers and axes.
Cutting and removing long thick grass and other vegetation is a time-consuming task and having the right equipment is essential. Honda’s tough and reliable UM 616 EME Grass Cutter is the largest rough terrain mower in the range. Its impressive 61cm pressed steel cutting deck and sturdy yet adaptable design makes it perfect for tackling larger areas of rough ground, whether you are a grounds maintenance professional dealing with verges and ditches, or a homeowner with an orchard or meadow. Put simply, this mower will make tough jobs a whole lot easier.
A choice of four different cutting heights between 15mm and 75mm allows you to instantly adjust the mower to varying grass conditions, controlled via a simple foot pedal for your convenience and comfort. As well as this, the floating cutter deck, unique to Honda, is a very handy feature when you are dealing with high grass; the front section of the deck lifts and reduces the effort required for cutting. The grass is also cut at an angle, achieving a better result than if it was pushed flat to the ground, as can happen with some standard grass cutters. Honda’s blade design is similarly clever, as the cutting blades are designed to twist rather than break if they hit an obstacle, meaning a longer life for the blade and lower running costs for you. Moreover, the hydrostatic drive keeps the blades turning at a constant rate, no matter how quickly or slowly the lawnmower is going, ensuring the perfect cut regardless of travelling speed.
Power is provided by the mower’s 163cc Honda GXV160 OHV 4-stroke petrol engine, delivering the absolute best in terms of reliability and performance, while the large diameter wheels, featuring a special high-grip design, provide excellent traction and stability. Ball bearings built into the rear wheels make reversing the lawnmower effortless, while the height of the front guide wheel can be adjusted to one of three different positions for added manoeuvrability. Driver control is made even more straightforward and precise thanks to drum brakes on the back wheels, operated via the handlebar controls. For added safety, Honda’s patented Roto-stop® blade-brake allows you to halt the cutting blade without stopping the engine with the simple push of a button, which is particularly useful when you want to drive the mower over, for example, gravel, or if you need to stop and move something out of the way of the mower. Grass clippings are ejected out of the side discharge chute, its large size ensuring that it will not get clogged up. Weight: 76kg
Don’t miss our guide to buying a rough grass mower if you are at all unsure about which machine is best suited to your needs.
• Sturdy pressed steel cutting deck with an impressive 61cm cutting width
• Powerful 163cc Honda GXV160 OHV 4-stroke petrol engine, ensuring reliability and excellent performance every time
• Large diameter rear wheels with high-grip design, providing excellent traction, stability and maneouvrability
• Front guide wheel features three different heights for varying conditions, while rear wheel bearings make reversing the mower easy
• Handbrakes on both back wheels, operated via the handlebar, provide control and manoeuvrability for the user, especially on slopes
• Intelligent blade design means that if the cutting blade hits an obstacle it will twist rather break, ensuring a longer blade life and lower running costs
• Hydrostatic drive ensures the blade turns at the same speed constantly, always providing the perfect cut regardless of the speed at which the mower is moving
• Floating cutter deck lifts the front of the deck making it an easier to cut very high grass, while also cutting at an angle for a better result
• Foot pedal controlled height-of-cut adjustment, allowing choice of four height settings between 15mm and 75mm
• Honda-patented Roto-stop® blade-brake allows you to stop the blade while keeping the engine running when you need to cross different terrain, e.g. gravel, or move something out of the mower’s path
About HondaA legendary brand know across the globe and synonymous with quality, the Honda marque traces its origins back to founder Soichiro Honda who marketed his own self-styled piston designs before World War II. From this beginning the Honda Motor Company was born in 1948 with the Honda Cub motorcycle following soon after. Today, the company is the single largest manufacturer of internal combustion engines in the world and it is this pedigree that goes into the development of Honda garden machinery.
Probably best known amongst gardening professionals for their large range of garden tillers and cultivators, Honda also produce some very fine petrol rotary lawn mowers, in particular their core range of domestic machines, known as the HRX models, that have rewritten modern lawn mower design. Not content with producing some of the best lawn mowers available, Honda have also turned the powered hand-tool sector upside-down by replacing traditional 2-stroke fuelled power units with the cleaner, quieter 4-stroke engines that the company is famous for. Never content with the present, Honda are certain to carry on developing their garden machinery products to stay at the cutting edge of design and performance.
So why buy from Lawnmowers Direct?
Well firstly, we're pretty good at what we do. In fact, we'd class ourselves as experts. With more than 40 years experience supplying lawnmowers to both home users and professionals, we know what we're talking about. We pride ourselves on our high levels of customer service and we're happy to provide help and support throughout the process, from your initial decision making to after sales, servicing, repairs and spare parts. The service we're offering is a complete one, and unlike some other companies, we are specialists.
We know that not all our customers are looking for the same products, and that they come to us with different knowledge levels. We've built a Free Advice section to help you if you're not sure where to start looking, or you can use our search facility if you've more of an idea what you're looking for. If there's anything you can't find or you just need a little bit more help, feel free to Contact Us.
We hold an extensive stock between our two showrooms, and this means we can offer competitive pricing on everything we sell. If you've found the same product in stock for less on another website, we will try our best to match the offer.
All petrol machinery is checked before dispatch by our team of trained mechanics. While this means we can't always offer same day dispatch, it does mean you'll be getting a bit of kit which will definitely work. We know sometimes things go wrong, but we do our best to make sure they don't, and if you have any problems just get in touch with our customer service team who will be able to help fix it.
If you're not convinced, have a little look at our reviews.