Husqvarna 236 Petrol Chainsaw – 35cm bar
- Availability: Available
- Estimated Dispatch: Out of stock til Jan 2018
- Manufacturer: Husqvarna
- Delivery Charge: Free To UK Mainland
A favourite among homeowners preferring to prepare their own firewood and carry out a little property maintenance; the Husqvarna 236 has proven itself many times over.
- Oregon Eco Saw HorseThe Oregon Eco Saw Horse is an excellent entry level product, ideal for occasional home use.
- £34.95Lawnmaster Chainsaw Safety & Maintenance KitEverything you need to get started with your new chainsaw, including a protective Oregon safety helmet with a visor and noise-dampening ear muffs, file, gloves and chain lubricating oil.
- Oregon 35cm Chainsaw ChainA 35cm Chainsaw Chain suitable for a range of chainsaws including the Husqvarna 236.
- Lawnmaster 2 Stroke Mixing BottleEssential for getting the correct ratio of oil and petrol mixture for your 2-stroke machinery - if you don't already have at least one of these in your shed, buy it now!
- Oregon Chain Oil – 1 litreAn essential product to keep your chainsaw chain properly lubricated and working at peak performance levels, this Oregon chain oil is of the highest quality.
- Oregon Safety HelmetYou never know when an accident is going to happen and if you're using a chainsaw, an accident can be life-changing. It is always recommended that whenever you use a chainsaw, you wear a chainsaw safety helmet.
Everyone needs a hobby, and if your hobby happens to involve cutting things up with power tools then why not? Of course, even as a ‘hobbyist’ chainsaw Husqvarna’s 236 is a spectacularly useful machine (and certainly more practical to have around than a stamp collection). Designed to be easy to start and operate, the 236 is a rear handle chainsaw designed for jobs like pruning, cutting firewood and DIY work, all with the added advantages offered by Husqvarna’s characteristic commitment to convenience and quality.
Supplied as standard with a 35cm (14”) bar and 3/8″ pitch chain, one of the most remarkable things about the 236 is that it features the same X-Torq® technology as many of Husqvarna’s professional grade saws. This means that the 236’s 38.2cc X-Torq® two-stroke petrol engine is able to reduce harmful exhaust emissions by up to 75% and increase fuel efficiency by up to 20%, providing exceptional user convenience in the process. A 0.3 litre fuel tank, moreover, provides enough run time to tackle most light cutting tasks, while the inclusion of an easy-access primer bulb and combined choke/stop control permit easier starting and reduce the risk of the engine flooding.
Let us not forget, however, that this machine has been designed for convenience as well as cutting performance. The 236’s lightweight design (only 4.7kg without cutting gear), for example, makes it pleasingly portable, while its ergonomic front and rear handles and intuitive controls deliver remarkable ease of use and ensure complete control at all times. Husqvarna’s superbly effective LowVib® anti-vibration technology, moreover, isolates the user’s hands from engine vibrations to prevent strain over extended periods of operation, thereby ensuring your comfort. Also compatible with 33cm-40cm (13”-16”) guide bars, Husqvarna’s 236 is thus a chainsaw which undoubtedly offers plenty of bang for your buck.
*Make sure you are using your chainsaw safely and read our free advice article when you have a spare moment.
• Powered by a hardworking 38.2cc X-Torq® two-stroke petrol engine, designed to reduce harmful exhaust emissions by up to 75% and increase fuel efficiency by up to 20%
• Easy-access primer bulb and combined choke/stop control allow for easier starting and reduce the risk of the engine flooding
• Supplied as standard with a 35cm (14”) bar and 3/8” pitch chain, with an effective inertia-activated chain brake included for added protection against hazardous kickback events
• Ergonomic, lightweight design (only 4.7kg without cutting gear) combines with comfortable front and rear handles and intuitive controls for remarkable ease of use
• Also featuring Husqvarna’s innovative LowVib® anti-vibration technology, isolating the user’s hands from engine vibration to prevent strain over extended periods of use
• Robust build helps to ensure a long and reliable service life, with a centrifugal air cleaning system included to reduce engine wear and service requirements
|Power source:||Petrol/oil mixture|
|Fuel tank:||0.3 litres|
|Oil tank:||0.2 litres|
|Oil pump:||Fixed flow|
About HusqvarnaBelieve it or not, Husqvarna did not start off by manufacturing any type of garden machinery at all. Instead they were established in 1689 as a weapons foundry supplying the Swedish Armed Forces. During the subsequent years, diverse and varied products have been produced, from sewing machines and cast iron kitchen equipment through to bicycles and motorbikes. It wasn't until 1959 that Husqvarna finally made its first chainsaws and engine-driven lawnmowers. The company's reputation for build quality and durability of product has never been in question. This is probably the reason for their line of professional petrol chainsaws being so popular with forestry workers across the globe.
Husqvarna are not afraid to innovate either, introducing the robotic, solar powered Automower® in 1995 and continually looking to improve their existing products by listening to their customers. Jumping onto the grass recycling bandwagon, they also manufacture some of the best mulching lawnmowers available, incorporating Bioclip® technology into the vast majority of their petrol lawn mowers. Be left in no doubt, if you buy any product from the Husqvarna garden machinery stable, you will be buying into Swedish quality that is built to last.
So why buy from Lawnmowers Direct?
Well firstly, we're pretty good at what we do. In fact, we'd class ourselves as experts. With more than 40 years experience supplying lawnmowers to both home users and professionals, we know what we're talking about. We pride ourselves on our high levels of customer service and we're happy to provide help and support throughout the process, from your initial decision making to after sales, servicing, repairs and spare parts. The service we're offering is a complete one, and unlike some other companies, we are specialists.
We know that not all our customers are looking for the same products, and that they come to us with different knowledge levels. We've built a Free Advice section to help you if you're not sure where to start looking, or you can use our search facility if you've more of an idea what you're looking for. If there's anything you can't find or you just need a little bit more help, feel free to Contact Us.
We hold an extensive stock between our two showrooms, and this means we can offer competitive pricing on everything we sell. If you've found the same product in stock for less on another website, we will try our best to match the offer.
All petrol machinery is checked before dispatch by our team of trained mechanics. While this means we can't always offer same day dispatch, it does mean you'll be getting a bit of kit which will definitely work. We know sometimes things go wrong, but we do our best to make sure they don't, and if you have any problems just get in touch with our customer service team who will be able to help fix it.
If you're not convinced, have a little look at our reviews.