Husqvarna 445 Petrol Chainsaw – 38cm Bar
- Availability: Available
- Estimated Dispatch: 4 - 6 working days
- Manufacturer: Husqvarna
- Delivery Charge: Free To UK Mainland
Top performance can be expected from the Husqvarna 445 e-series petrol chainsaw, chiefly because of its powerful 45.7cc 2-stroke petrol engine that has X-Torq technology, designed to deliver lower fuel consumption.
- £34.95Lawnmaster Chainsaw Safety & Maintenance KitEverything you need to get started with your new chainsaw, including a protective Oregon safety helmet with a visor and noise-dampening ear muffs, file, gloves and chain lubricating oil.
- Husqvarna Chainsaw Safety Clothing Protective KitContains the basic protective equipment needed when using a chainsaw. Includes chaps with saw protection class 1 ( 20m/s), a helmet and a pair of gloves.
Husqvarna’s range includes many and various rear handle chainsaws designed for residential use, all of which offer superb convenience and ease of operation along with impressive cutting power. Few, however, combine these qualities with such aplomb as the 445, a mid-range chainsaw more than capable of tackling heavy duty cutting work around large homes, gardens and estates yet user-friendly enough that even less experienced operators will find it easy to achieve professional quality results. A fantastic all-round saw, the 445 is therefore the perfect machine for all kinds of tough cutting work ranging from DIY and home improvement projects to felling, snedding and bucking small to medium trees.
With a remarkably potent 45.7cc X-Torq® two-stroke petrol engine at its heart, the 445 offers significantly more power than comparable chainsaws fitted with conventional two-stroke engines. This is because Husqvarna’s clever X-Torq® technology boosts performance by enhancing combustion, thereby also reducing harmful exhaust emissions by up to 75% and increasing fuel efficiency by up to 20%. With a high capacity 0.45 litre fuel tank, the 445 therefore runs for longer on a single fill than its rivals, while the fuel tank’s transparent window and clever flip-up cap help to make refuelling easier than ever. With an improved Smart Start® system, an easy-access primer bulb and a combined choke/stop control also included to make starting reliably hassle-free, using the 445 is therefore an agreeably accommodating companion when taking on heavy duty cutting work.
Equipped as standard with a 38cm (15”) bar and .325” pitch chain (can also be fitted with a 18” bar), the 445 boasts a maximum chain speed of 17.3m/s to make even challenging cutting work eminently manageable. A particularly neat touch is the inclusion of felling marks on the casing, which will help you to determine the direction in which a tree will fall when felled. This makes cutting down trees significantly safer, while an effective inertia-activated chain brake is also included for added protection against hazardous kickback events. Another one of the more notable features of the cutting system on the 445 is the brilliant tool-free chain tensioning system, with an easy-access side-mounted knob making it almost ridiculously quick and simple to tighten the saw chain prior to operation.
This outstanding attention to detail is evident throughout the design of the 445, with features such as the ergonomically designed handles and an innovative LowVib® anti-vibration system working to make even long periods of operation pleasingly comfortable and stress-free. Moreover, with a centrifugal air cleaning system, a quick-release air filter and a snap-lock cylinder cover included in order to facilitate routine servicing, and a durable three-piece forged crankshaft to ensure great performance even in the toughest cutting conditions, Husqvarna’s 445 is also capable of offering a superbly long and reliable service life. As such, with this powerful saw to hand you can rest assured of truly exceptional cutting performance whenever the need arises
*Make sure you are using your chainsaw safely and read our free advice article when you have a spare moment.
• Powered by a remarkably potent 45.7cc X-Torq® two-stroke petrol engine, with a new and improved Smart Start® system included to make starting pleasingly hassle-free
• X-Torq® technology boosts performance by improving the combustion process, thereby reducing emissions by up to 75% and increasing fuel efficiency by up to 20%
• Also fitted with a 0.45 litre fuel tank with a transparent window and a practical flip-up cap to help make refuelling easier and less time consuming
• Equipped as standard with a 38cm (15”) bar and .325” pitch chain (can also be fitted with a 37.5cm/15” bar), with a maximum chain speed of up to 17.3m/s
• Optimal performance ensured by a fixed flow oil pump and convenient tool-free chain tensioning, with an effective inertia-activated chain brake included for added protection against hazardous kickback events
• Additional ergonomic features include comfortable handles, a clever LowVib® anti-vibration system, and felling marks on the casing for guidance when cutting down trees
• A centrifugal air cleaning system, a quick-release air filter and a snap-lock cylinder cover all help to ensure reliable performance, with a tough three-piece forged crankshaft included for exceptional durability and a longer service life
|Power source:||Petrol/oil mixture|
445 e-series 15"
445 e-series 18"
|Fuel tank:||0.45 litres|
|Oil tank:||0.26 litres|
About HusqvarnaBelieve it or not, Husqvarna did not start off by manufacturing any type of garden machinery at all. Instead they were established in 1689 as a weapons foundry supplying the Swedish Armed Forces. During the subsequent years, diverse and varied products have been produced, from sewing machines and cast iron kitchen equipment through to bicycles and motorbikes. It wasn't until 1959 that Husqvarna finally made its first chainsaws and engine-driven lawnmowers. The company's reputation for build quality and durability of product has never been in question. This is probably the reason for their line of professional petrol chainsaws being so popular with forestry workers across the globe.
Husqvarna are not afraid to innovate either, introducing the robotic, solar powered Automower® in 1995 and continually looking to improve their existing products by listening to their customers. Jumping onto the grass recycling bandwagon, they also manufacture some of the best mulching lawnmowers available, incorporating Bioclip® technology into the vast majority of their petrol lawn mowers. Be left in no doubt, if you buy any product from the Husqvarna garden machinery stable, you will be buying into Swedish quality that is built to last.
So why buy from Lawnmowers Direct?
Well firstly, we're pretty good at what we do. In fact, we'd class ourselves as experts. With more than 40 years experience supplying lawnmowers to both home users and professionals, we know what we're talking about. We pride ourselves on our high levels of customer service and we're happy to provide help and support throughout the process, from your initial decision making to after sales, servicing, repairs and spare parts. The service we're offering is a complete one, and unlike some other companies, we are specialists.
We know that not all our customers are looking for the same products, and that they come to us with different knowledge levels. We've built a Free Advice section to help you if you're not sure where to start looking, or you can use our search facility if you've more of an idea what you're looking for. If there's anything you can't find or you just need a little bit more help, feel free to Contact Us.
We hold an extensive stock between our two showrooms, and this means we can offer competitive pricing on everything we sell. If you've found the same product in stock for less on another website, we will try our best to match the offer.
All petrol machinery is checked before dispatch by our team of trained mechanics. While this means we can't always offer same day dispatch, it does mean you'll be getting a bit of kit which will definitely work. We know sometimes things go wrong, but we do our best to make sure they don't, and if you have any problems just get in touch with our customer service team who will be able to help fix it.
If you're not convinced, have a little look at our reviews.