Husqvarna 450 Petrol Chainsaw – 45cm Bar
- Availability: Available
- Estimated Dispatch: 4 - 6 working days
- Manufacturer: Husqvarna
- Delivery Charge: Free To UK Mainland
The extremely large 50cc 2-stroke engine makes this petrol chainsaw particularly well suited to landscapers and professionals that need a powerful tool at their disposal. Renowned Husqvarna build quality ensures reliability.
- £34.95Lawnmaster Chainsaw Safety & Maintenance KitEverything you need to get started with your new chainsaw, including a protective Oregon safety helmet with a visor and noise-dampening ear muffs, file, gloves and chain lubricating oil.
- Husqvarna Chainsaw Safety Clothing Protective KitContains the basic protective equipment needed when using a chainsaw. Includes chaps with saw protection class 1 ( 20m/s), a helmet and a pair of gloves.
Words with which you might wish to label Husqvarna’s 450 rear handle chainsaw include “hefty”, “beefy”, “mighty”, “strapping”, “doughty”, “muscular” and “vigorous”. This, in short, is a machine with plenty of clout, and one of the most powerful residential use chainsaws available from Husqvarna’s extensive range. Ideal for frequent heavy duty firewood cutting, felling and pruning larger trees, and all general residential, agricultural and estate maintenance work, the 450 is therefore undoubtedly one of the most pleasingly effective chainsaws in its class available today.
A good deal of this excellence is attributable to the potent 50.2cc X-Torq® two-stroke petrol engine, which delivers enough power for a maximum chain speed of 17.34m/s. Husqvarna’s innovative X-Torq® technology boosts performance further by improving the combustion process, which simultaneously reduces emissions by up to 75% and increases fuel efficiency by around 20%. The 450 can therefore outperform pretty much any comparable saw fitted with a conventional two-stroke engine, while also offering a superbly user-friendly working experience. This outstanding convenience is further underlined by the inclusion of an auto-return stop switch, a primer bulb and an enhanced Smart Start® system which reduces starter cord resistance by 40%, thus ensuring quick and hassle-free starting every time.
Fitted as standard with a 45cm (18”) bar and .325” pitch chain (can also be fitted with a 37.5cm/15” bar), the 450 excels when faced with even the most challenging residential cutting work. Felling trees, for example, is made much easier by the inclusion of a practical tool-free chain tensioning system and felling guidance marks on the machine casing, thus ensuring optimal cutting performance and allowing you to direct a falling tree with reassuring precision. A brilliantly effective inertia-activated chain brake, moreover, provides vital protection against dangerous kickback events.
As it is designed for home users the 450 is also remarkably easy to operate, certainly more so than you might expect of a chainsaw with such impressive cutting power. The high capacity 0.45 litre fuel tank, for example, extends run time between fuel stops and features a clever transparent window and flip-up cap to make refuelling pleasingly quick and simple. An innovative LowVib® anti-vibration system and an ergonomic rear handle with a soft inlay, meanwhile, allow you to work for longer in complete comfort, with features such as the centrifugal air cleaning system, a quick-release air filter and a snap-lock cylinder cover all helping to ensure reliable performance by facilitating routine maintenance. Even less experienced users can therefore rest assured of consistently superior results. Even better is that Husqvarna’s engineers have designed the 450 to be a tough little beast, with high quality components such as the forged three-piece crankshaft ensuring incredible durability and a longer service life.
*Make sure you are using your chainsaw safely and read our free advice article when you have a spare moment.
• Powered by a superb 50.2cc X-Torq® two-stroke petrol engine, designed to boost power, increase fuel efficiency by up to 20%, and reduce emissions by up to 75%
• Also featuring an auto-return stop switch and an enhanced Smart Start® system which reduces starter cord resistance by up to 40% for hassle-free starting
• High capacity 0.45 litre fuel tank features a clever transparent window and a flip-up cap to make refuelling pleasingly quick and simple
• Fitted as standard with a 45cm (18”) bar and .325” pitch chain (can also be equipped with a 37.5cm/15” bar), with a maximum cutting speed of 17.34m/s ensuring superb cutting power
• Fixed flow oil pump and a tool-free chain tensioning system ensure optimal cutting performance, with an inertia-activated chain brake included for added user protection
• Additional convenient features include Husqvarna’s innovative LowVib® anti-vibration system and an ergonomic rear handle with a soft inlay for added comfort
• Centrifugal air cleaning system reduces engine wear and service requirements, with a forged three-piece crankshaft ensuring incredible durability and a longer service life
|Power source:||Petrol/oil mixture|
4450 e-series 18"
|Fuel tank:||0.45 litres|
|Oil tank:||0.26 litres|
About HusqvarnaBelieve it or not, Husqvarna did not start off by manufacturing any type of garden machinery at all. Instead they were established in 1689 as a weapons foundry supplying the Swedish Armed Forces. During the subsequent years, diverse and varied products have been produced, from sewing machines and cast iron kitchen equipment through to bicycles and motorbikes. It wasn't until 1959 that Husqvarna finally made its first chainsaws and engine-driven lawnmowers. The company's reputation for build quality and durability of product has never been in question. This is probably the reason for their line of professional petrol chainsaws being so popular with forestry workers across the globe.
Husqvarna are not afraid to innovate either, introducing the robotic, solar powered Automower® in 1995 and continually looking to improve their existing products by listening to their customers. Jumping onto the grass recycling bandwagon, they also manufacture some of the best mulching lawnmowers available, incorporating Bioclip® technology into the vast majority of their petrol lawn mowers. Be left in no doubt, if you buy any product from the Husqvarna garden machinery stable, you will be buying into Swedish quality that is built to last.
So why buy from Lawnmowers Direct?
Well firstly, we're pretty good at what we do. In fact, we'd class ourselves as experts. With more than 40 years experience supplying lawnmowers to both home users and professionals, we know what we're talking about. We pride ourselves on our high levels of customer service and we're happy to provide help and support throughout the process, from your initial decision making to after sales, servicing, repairs and spare parts. The service we're offering is a complete one, and unlike some other companies, we are specialists.
We know that not all our customers are looking for the same products, and that they come to us with different knowledge levels. We've built a Free Advice section to help you if you're not sure where to start looking, or you can use our search facility if you've more of an idea what you're looking for. If there's anything you can't find or you just need a little bit more help, feel free to Contact Us.
We hold an extensive stock between our two showrooms, and this means we can offer competitive pricing on everything we sell. If you've found the same product in stock for less on another website, we will try our best to match the offer.
All petrol machinery is checked before dispatch by our team of trained mechanics. While this means we can't always offer same day dispatch, it does mean you'll be getting a bit of kit which will definitely work. We know sometimes things go wrong, but we do our best to make sure they don't, and if you have any problems just get in touch with our customer service team who will be able to help fix it.
If you're not convinced, have a little look at our reviews.