Husqvarna 545 Petrol Chainsaw – 38cm Bar
- Availability: Available
- Estimated Dispatch: 4 - 6 working days
- Manufacturer: Husqvarna
- Delivery Charge: Free To UK Mainland
Husqvarnas 545 is a rear handle chainsaw with a slimmed-down design, ideal for busy contractors and landowners taking on challenging cutting work. Powered by a 50.1cc X-Torq petrol engine, the 545 is supplied with a 37.5cm bar and .325 pitch chain.
- £34.95Lawnmaster Chainsaw Safety & Maintenance KitEverything you need to get started with your new chainsaw, including a protective Oregon safety helmet with a visor and noise-dampening ear muffs, file, gloves and chain lubricating oil.
- Husqvarna Chainsaw Safety Clothing Protective KitContains the basic protective equipment needed when using a chainsaw. Includes chaps with saw protection class 1 ( 20m/s), a helmet and a pair of gloves.
Husqvarna’s excellent reputation amongst foresters, arborists and carpenters around the world is founded on the company’s superb range of professional quality chainsaws, with a machine available for just about any job imaginable. The compact and lightweight 545, for example, is a rear handle chainsaw designed for versatility when tackling heavy workloads, offering superb efficiency for busy contractors and landowners when faced with challenging cutting work.
Fitted as standard with a 37.5cm (15”) bar and .325” pitch chain (but also available with a 45cm/18” bar), the 545’s maximum chain speed of 18.5m/s and high torque performance means that it packs a rather remarkable punch. It will therefore handle tricky pruning and bucking work with ease, while also providing enough cutting power to fell medium to large trees with pleasingly little fuss. This raw power is complemented perfectly by a range of features designed to optimise performance, including an oil pump to regulate chain lubrication and an easy-access side-mounted chain tensioner, along with a reassuringly effective inertia-activated chain brake for vital added protection against kickback.
Even more noteworthy, however, is Husqvarna’s intelligent AutoTune system, which automatically adjusts the engine’s performance to suit the fuel mix, job and atmospheric conditions at hand. This means that the 545 is able to get the very most out of its potent 50.1cc X-Torq® two-stroke petrol engine, which already features a design which enhances combustion to boost performance, reduce emissions and increase fuel efficiency. As such the 545 is capable of outperforming just about any comparable chainsaw fitted with a standard two-stroke engine, while also being more user- and environmentally friendly into the bargain! To save time and effort from the very moment you begin working, moreover, the 545 also features a handy primer bulb, a combined choke/stop control, and a clever Smart Start® system which reduces starter cord resistance by up to 40%.
On top of all of this, the 545 has also been designed to be exceptionally easy to use, handle and manoeuvre. With a slimmed-down, lightweight design (only 4.9kg without bar and chain) and ergonomically shaped front and rear handles, for example, it is easy work with great precision should the need arise. A clever LowVib® anti-vibration system, moreover, helps insulate your hands and arms from engine vibration for added comfort; this might not seem like an obvious priority for a powerful commercial machine such as this, but over extended periods of use you’ll definitely appreciate the benefits conferred. The 545 also stands out for being equipped with a centrifugal air cleaning system and a snap-lock cylinder cover to facilitate routine maintenance, thus ensuring long term reliability. Of course, being a Husqvarna machine the 545 is also a tough little devil, with components such as the three-piece crankshaft and a magnesium crankcase providing valuable resistance against the knocks, bumps and scrapes inevitably incurred during frequent heavy duty cutting work. You can therefore rest completely assured of a long and dependable service life with this outstanding saw, along with professional quality results every time.
• Powered by a superbly efficient 50.1cc X-Torq® two-stroke petrol engine, designed to boost power, increase fuel efficiency by up to 20% and reduce emissions by up to 75%
• Easy-access primer bulb, combined choke/stop control and a Smart Start® system ensure hassle-free starting, with a high capacity 0.52 litre fuel tank included for increased run time between fuel stops
• Supplied as standard with a 37.5cm (15”) bar and .325” pitch chain (also available with a 45cm/18” bar), with a maximum chain speed of 18.5m/s offering terrific cutting power
• A clever AutoTune system ensures optimal cutting performance by automatically compensating for different working and environmental conditions; also featuring an oil pump to regulate chain lubrication and a handy side-mounted chain tensioner
• Slimmed-down design, ergonomic handles and an innovative LowVib® anti-vibration system together ensure superb ease of operation and outstanding user comfort
• Also equipped with a centrifugal air cleaning system and a snap-lock cylinder cover to facilitate routine maintenance
• Durable build features only the toughest components, such as a forged three-piece crankshaft and a magnesium crankcase, for a reassuringly long and reliable service life
|Power source:||Petrol/oil mixture|
|Fuel tank:||0.52 litres|
|Oil tank:||0.27 litres|
About HusqvarnaBelieve it or not, Husqvarna did not start off by manufacturing any type of garden machinery at all. Instead they were established in 1689 as a weapons foundry supplying the Swedish Armed Forces. During the subsequent years, diverse and varied products have been produced, from sewing machines and cast iron kitchen equipment through to bicycles and motorbikes. It wasn't until 1959 that Husqvarna finally made its first chainsaws and engine-driven lawnmowers. The company's reputation for build quality and durability of product has never been in question. This is probably the reason for their line of professional petrol chainsaws being so popular with forestry workers across the globe.
Husqvarna are not afraid to innovate either, introducing the robotic, solar powered Automower® in 1995 and continually looking to improve their existing products by listening to their customers. Jumping onto the grass recycling bandwagon, they also manufacture some of the best mulching lawnmowers available, incorporating Bioclip® technology into the vast majority of their petrol lawn mowers. Be left in no doubt, if you buy any product from the Husqvarna garden machinery stable, you will be buying into Swedish quality that is built to last.
So why buy from Lawnmowers Direct?
Well firstly, we're pretty good at what we do. In fact, we'd class ourselves as experts. With more than 40 years experience supplying lawnmowers to both home users and professionals, we know what we're talking about. We pride ourselves on our high levels of customer service and we're happy to provide help and support throughout the process, from your initial decision making to after sales, servicing, repairs and spare parts. The service we're offering is a complete one, and unlike some other companies, we are specialists.
We know that not all our customers are looking for the same products, and that they come to us with different knowledge levels. We've built a Free Advice section to help you if you're not sure where to start looking, or you can use our search facility if you've more of an idea what you're looking for. If there's anything you can't find or you just need a little bit more help, feel free to Contact Us.
We hold an extensive stock between our two showrooms, and this means we can offer competitive pricing on everything we sell. If you've found the same product in stock for less on another website, we will try our best to match the offer.
All petrol machinery is checked before dispatch by our team of trained mechanics. While this means we can't always offer same day dispatch, it does mean you'll be getting a bit of kit which will definitely work. We know sometimes things go wrong, but we do our best to make sure they don't, and if you have any problems just get in touch with our customer service team who will be able to help fix it.
If you're not convinced, have a little look at our reviews.