Husqvarna 550XP Petrol Chainsaw – 38cm Bar
- Availability: In Stock
- Estimated Dispatch: 2 - 3 working days
- Manufacturer: Husqvarna
- Delivery Charge: £3.95 on orders under £50
Husqvarnas award winning 550XP is designed for professional forestry work, with a slimmed-down, well-balanced design. Powered by a 50.1cc X-Torq two-stroke petrol engine, the 550XP is supplied as standard with a 37.5cm bar and .325″ pitch chain.
- £34.95Lawnmaster Chainsaw Safety & Maintenance KitEverything you need to get started with your new chainsaw, including a protective Oregon safety helmet with a visor and noise-dampening ear muffs, file, gloves and chain lubricating oil.
- Husqvarna Chainsaw Safety Clothing Protective KitContains the basic protective equipment needed when using a chainsaw. Includes chaps with saw protection class 1 ( 20m/s), a helmet and a pair of gloves.
Husqvarna’s brilliant 550XP, a powerful rear handle chainsaw designed for professional forestry work, was one of twenty winners of Red Dot’s ‘Best of the Best’ design award in 2013. This places the 550XP in slightly unusual company, with its fellow winning products including a “Can Watch” made from a recycled drinks can and a waste separation system ominously named “The New Order” (which sounds more like Orwellian double-speak for a rubbish collection service imposed by an oppressive world government). Nevertheless, having earned the award for its “exemplary ergonomics” and “perfect balance”, it is definitely worth taking a closer look at what makes this chainsaw so special.
Part of Husqvarna’s groundbreaking new generation of high performance saws, the 550XP boasts a slimmed-down, lightweight (only 4.9kg without bar and chain), well-balanced design which ensures exceptional manoeuvrability and great precision of cut with even the trickiest forestry work. In conjunction with the impressive power provided via a hardworking 50.1cc X-Torq® two-stroke petrol engine, this means that the 550XP is perfectly suited to a wide variety of tasks, ranging from felling even large trees to pruning branches and bucking tree trunks for firewood. Thanks to Husqvarna’s X-Torq® technology, moreover, the 550XP does all of this while simultaneously reducing emissions by up to 75% and increasing fuel economy by up to 20%.
To ensure professional quality results every time the 550XP also features a remarkable AutoTune system which automatically adjusts engine performance to suit the conditions at hand (e.g., atmospheric conditions, altitude, fuel mix, etc.). With a 37.5cm (15”) bar and .325” pitch chain (also available with 32.5cm/13” and 45cm/18” bars) supplied as standard, along with a maximum chain speed of 19m/s, this means that the 550XP is capable of delivering outstanding performance even in the toughest cutting conditions. And with an adjustable oil pump included to regulate chain lubrication, as well as a practical side-mounted chain tensioner and a protective inertia-activated chain brake, the 550XP is packed with features designed to make challenging cutting work as safe and hassle-free as possible.
Additional ergonomic features include comfortable handles which provide quick access to all controls and an innovative LowVib® anti-vibration system which helps to prevent fatigue over extended periods of operation, with smart design elements such as the centrifugal air cleaning system, quick-release air filter and snap-lock cylinder cover facilitating routine cleaning and maintenance. A practical Smart Start® system and an easy-access primer bulb, furthermore, mean that starting is always agreeably hassle-free, while a transparent 0.52 litre fuel tank makes it much easier to keep track of the current fuel level and so manage your working day. An impressively sturdy build, moreover, means that the 550XP is also a truly hardwearing piece of kit, with high quality components such as a three-piece forged crankshaft and a magnesium crankcase ensuring a long and reliable service life.
*Make sure you are using your chainsaw safely and read our free advice article when you have a spare moment.
Lawnmaster Two-stroke Engine OilFrom:
- Powered by a hardworking 50.1cc X-Torq® two-stroke petrol engine, with a clever Smart Start® system and an easy-access primer bulb included for reliably hassle-free starting
- X-Torq® technology boosts performance by improving the combustion process, simultaneously reducing emissions by up to 75% and fuel consumption by up to 20%
- Also featuring an AutoTune system which optimises performance by automatically adjusting the engine settings to suit the working conditions at hand
- Supplied as standard with a 37.5cm (15”) bar and .325” pitch chain (also available with 32.5cm/13” and 45cm/18” bars), and featuring a maximum chain speed of 19m/s
- Consistently outstanding results are ensured by the inclusion of an adjustable oil pump to regulate chain lubrication, as well as a practical side-mounted chain tensioner
- Additional ergonomic features include a brilliant LowVib® anti-vibration system, a slimmed-down design, a comfortable rear handle and a protective chain brake
- Sturdily built with professional grade components, including a three-piece forged crankshaft and a magnesium crankcase, for superb durability and a longer service life
|Power source:||Petrol/oil mixture|
|Fuel tank:||0.52 litres|
|Oil tank:||0.27 litres|
33cm, 38cm, 46cm
About HusqvarnaBelieve it or not, Husqvarna did not start off by manufacturing any type of garden machinery at all. Instead they were established in 1689 as a weapons foundry supplying the Swedish Armed Forces. During the subsequent years, diverse and varied products have been produced, from sewing machines and cast iron kitchen equipment through to bicycles and motorbikes. It wasn't until 1959 that Husqvarna finally made its first chainsaws and engine-driven lawnmowers. The company's reputation for build quality and durability of product has never been in question. This is probably the reason for their line of professional petrol chainsaws being so popular with forestry workers across the globe.
Husqvarna are not afraid to innovate either, introducing the robotic, solar powered Automower® in 1995 and continually looking to improve their existing products by listening to their customers. Jumping onto the grass recycling bandwagon, they also manufacture some of the best mulching lawnmowers available, incorporating Bioclip® technology into the vast majority of their petrol lawn mowers. Be left in no doubt, if you buy any product from the Husqvarna garden machinery stable, you will be buying into Swedish quality that is built to last.
So why buy from Lawnmowers Direct?
Well firstly, we're pretty good at what we do. In fact, we'd class ourselves as experts. With more than 40 years experience supplying lawnmowers to both home users and professionals, we know what we're talking about. We pride ourselves on our high levels of customer service and we're happy to provide help and support throughout the process, from your initial decision making to after sales, servicing, repairs and spare parts. The service we're offering is a complete one, and unlike some other companies, we are specialists.
We know that not all our customers are looking for the same products, and that they come to us with different knowledge levels. We've built a Free Advice section to help you if you're not sure where to start looking, or you can use our search facility if you've more of an idea what you're looking for. If there's anything you can't find or you just need a little bit more help, feel free to Contact Us.
We hold an extensive stock between our two showrooms, and this means we can offer competitive pricing on everything we sell. If you've found the same product in stock for less on another website, we will try our best to match the offer.
All petrol machinery is checked before dispatch by our team of trained mechanics. While this means we can't always offer same day dispatch, it does mean you'll be getting a bit of kit which will definitely work. We know sometimes things go wrong, but we do our best to make sure they don't, and if you have any problems just get in touch with our customer service team who will be able to help fix it.
If you're not convinced, have a little look at our reviews.