Husqvarna LB553S Mulching Lawnmower
- Availability: Available
- Estimated Dispatch: 4 - 6 working days
- Manufacturer: Husqvarna
- Delivery Charge: Free To UK Mainland
A self-propelled front wheel drive mulch mower ideal for professional use which allows you to recycle your grass clippings as a natural fertilizer. An environmentally-friendly means of grass disposal, this also saves a lot of time and energy.
- £14.99-£15.99 Select optionsLawnmower Starter KitPurchase a lawnmower starter kit with your new petrol lawnmower for some useful extras to help your lawnmower perform better for longer. Available in two varieties (one for Honda engines, and one for Briggs and Stratton engines).
- Briggs & Stratton Oil Removal Pump | 992423The Briggs & Stratton Oil Removal Pump is used for the simple and safe removal of oil from all types of engines. This kit comes with a vacuum pump, 4 litre container with lids, hose with shut off clip and funnel.
- £6.99Lawnmaster Lawnmowers Direct 10W40 Oil – 1 LitreLawnmowers Direct 10W/40 is designed for use in all horticultural 4 stroke engines, both diesel and petrol where an oil of this quality is required.
- £7.10Honda Fuel Stabiliser 250ml 08CXZFSC250Honda fuel stabiliser specifically designed for Honda engines will help preserve all fuel properties during long term storage. This product is recommended for all engines running occasionally or for long term storage.
- £12.99Honda Service Kit – 06211-ZL8-010This service kit is designed specifically for the Honda GC/GCV 135-160 series of lawnmower engines.
- Multi-Sharp Rotary Lawn Mower Blade SharpenerMulti-Sharps Rotary Mower Sharpener is designed to fit to any power drill and produces a sharp new cutting edge on rotary mower blades in minutes. Grinder can also be used to re-sharpen edges on spades, hoes, lawn-edgers and axes.
Perfect for professional use, Husqvarna’s LB553S is a self-propelled front wheel drive mulch mower, designed to be comfortable to operate for prolonged periods of time while delivering excellent cutting results (even in wet weather).
This mower’s robust, heavy-duty cast aluminium BioClip® cutting deck offers all the quality you would expect from a Husqvarna lawnmower, with an incredibly wide cut of 53cm and the ability to recycle your grass clippings as you go. To achieve this the grass is cut and re-cut inside the deck, then redistributed onto the ground and pushed down into the soil where it will decompose and act as a natural fertilizer, promoting the growth of healthy green grass. Mulching is both an environmentally-friendly method of grass cutting and also a great time saver for you, as you do not have to stop intermittently to dispose of grass cuttings. This mower also takes into account the varying grass conditions with which you might be faced, and therefore allows you to adjust the height of cut. This is very easily achieved with a single mechanically-assisted lever system, providing a choice between five different height settings from 27mm to 65mm.
This mower saves you further time and energy with its self-propulsion system, which makes it a lot less strenuous to use than models which rely on you to do the hard work. Power is supplied by the easy-starting 160cc GCV160 engine, designed by the renowned engineers at Honda, providing a steady forward speed of 4.8km/h. Excellent traction, meanwhile, is guaranteed by the LB553S’s heavy-duty yet lightweight aluminium wheels, built with double ball bearings and featuring replaceable high-grip rubber tyres.
Moreover, for greater comfort the LB553S Husqvarna lawnmower features an ergonomic handlebar, boasting a specially-designed grip to help make longer periods of operation comfortable and vibration-dampening technology which reduces the amount of vibration you will feel during use. The handlebar is also adjustable so you can set it to a height suitable for you, and folds away to make storage easier. Weight: 35kg
Not sure which is the best mulching lawnmower to buy; read our article to help you make the right choice.
• Robust cast aluminium BioClip® cutting deck offering a very wide cut of 53cm
• Mulching allows you to recycle your grass clippings, offering environmentally-friendly cutting and saving time by eliminating the need to dispose of clippings
• Mechanically-assisted lever controlled cutting height adjustment, featuring five settings between 27mm and 65mm
• Self-propelled drive system powered by an easy-starting 160cc GCV160 Honda engine, producing a steady forward speed of 4.8km/h
• Excellent traction provided by heavy-duty yet lightweight aluminium wheels fitted with smooth running double ball bearings and replaceable high-grip rubber tyres
• Special comfort-grip and vibration-dampening handlebar design for a more secure and ergonomic mowing experience
• Handlebar also adjusts to suit your height and facilitate easier storage
|Engine/motor:||160cc Honda GCV160|
|Power source:||Unleaded petrol|
|Cutting system:||Metal blade|
|Cutting height:||27mm - 65mm|
|Drive system:||Self-propelled/single speed (4.8 kp/h)|
About HusqvarnaBelieve it or not, Husqvarna did not start off by manufacturing any type of garden machinery at all. Instead they were established in 1689 as a weapons foundry supplying the Swedish Armed Forces. During the subsequent years, diverse and varied products have been produced, from sewing machines and cast iron kitchen equipment through to bicycles and motorbikes. It wasn't until 1959 that Husqvarna finally made its first chainsaws and engine-driven lawnmowers. The company's reputation for build quality and durability of product has never been in question. This is probably the reason for their line of professional petrol chainsaws being so popular with forestry workers across the globe.
Husqvarna are not afraid to innovate either, introducing the robotic, solar powered Automower® in 1995 and continually looking to improve their existing products by listening to their customers. Jumping onto the grass recycling bandwagon, they also manufacture some of the best mulching lawnmowers available, incorporating Bioclip® technology into the vast majority of their petrol lawn mowers. Be left in no doubt, if you buy any product from the Husqvarna garden machinery stable, you will be buying into Swedish quality that is built to last.
So why buy from Lawnmowers Direct?
Well firstly, we're pretty good at what we do. In fact, we'd class ourselves as experts. With more than 40 years experience supplying lawnmowers to both home users and professionals, we know what we're talking about. We pride ourselves on our high levels of customer service and we're happy to provide help and support throughout the process, from your initial decision making to after sales, servicing, repairs and spare parts. The service we're offering is a complete one, and unlike some other companies, we are specialists.
We know that not all our customers are looking for the same products, and that they come to us with different knowledge levels. We've built a Free Advice section to help you if you're not sure where to start looking, or you can use our search facility if you've more of an idea what you're looking for. If there's anything you can't find or you just need a little bit more help, feel free to Contact Us.
We hold an extensive stock between our two showrooms, and this means we can offer competitive pricing on everything we sell. If you've found the same product in stock for less on another website, we will try our best to match the offer.
All petrol machinery is checked before dispatch by our team of trained mechanics. While this means we can't always offer same day dispatch, it does mean you'll be getting a bit of kit which will definitely work. We know sometimes things go wrong, but we do our best to make sure they don't, and if you have any problems just get in touch with our customer service team who will be able to help fix it.
If you're not convinced, have a little look at our reviews.