Husqvarna LB553Se Mulching Lawnmower
- Availability: Pre-order
- Estimated Dispatch: 3 - 4 weeks
- Manufacturer: Husqvarna
- Delivery Charge: Free To UK Mainland
A self-propelled front wheel drive mulch mower ideal for professional use over extended periods of time. The robust 53cm cast aluminium BioClip cutting deck features efficient mulching functionality which is both eco-friendly grass and a great time-saver.
- £14.99-£15.99 Select optionsLawnmower Starter KitPurchase a lawnmower starter kit with your new petrol lawnmower for some useful extras to help your lawnmower perform better for longer. Available in two varieties (one for Honda engines, and one for Briggs and Stratton engines).
- Briggs & Stratton Oil Removal Pump | 992423The Briggs & Stratton Oil Removal Pump is used for the simple and safe removal of oil from all types of engines. This kit comes with a vacuum pump, 4 litre container with lids, hose with shut off clip and funnel.
- £6.99Lawnmaster Lawnmowers Direct 10W40 Oil – 1 LitreLawnmowers Direct 10W/40 is designed for use in all horticultural 4 stroke engines, both diesel and petrol where an oil of this quality is required.
- £7.10Honda Fuel Stabiliser 250ml 08CXZFSC250Honda fuel stabiliser specifically designed for Honda engines will help preserve all fuel properties during long term storage. This product is recommended for all engines running occasionally or for long term storage.
- Multi-Sharp Rotary Lawn Mower Blade SharpenerMulti-Sharps Rotary Mower Sharpener is designed to fit to any power drill and produces a sharp new cutting edge on rotary mower blades in minutes. Grinder can also be used to re-sharpen edges on spades, hoes, lawn-edgers and axes.
- £12.99Honda Service Kit – 06211-ZL8-010This service kit is designed specifically for the Honda GC/GCV 135-160 series of lawnmower engines.
Husqvarna’s LB553S e is a self-propelled front wheel drive mulch mower, perfect for professional use and comfortable to operate for prolonged periods of time. With its exceptional ergonomic design, Husqvarna demonstrate their commitment to meeting the operator’s needs while also offering excellent cutting results every time, even in wet weather.
Equipped with a robust cast aluminium BioClip® cutting deck, this mower offers an impressively wide cut of 53cm and allows you to recycle your cuttings. Mulching involves cutting the grass clippings inside the deck many times, and then redistributing them onto the ground where they are pushed down into the soil to decompose and act as a natural fertilizer. As well as being environmentally-friendly and encouraging the growth of a healthy lawn, this cutting method is a great time-saver because it removes the need to regularly stop and dispose of cuttings. The LB553S e also allows you to change the height of cut, anticipating variations in grass conditions. This is achieved via a mechanically-assisted lever and gives you the option of five height settings between 27mm and 65mm.
As the LB553S e is self-propelled it does not require you to push, making mowing for extended periods a lot less strenuous. Power comes from an easy-starting 160cc GCV160 engine from the renowned engineers at Honda, providing a steady forward speed of 4.8km/h. Excellent traction, meanwhile, is assured due to the mower’s lightweight yet heavy-duty aluminium wheels, fitted with smooth running double ball bearings and featuring replaceable high-grip rubber tyres.
Finally, for better comfort and control the handlebar features Husqvarna’s special grip and low-vibration design to help you to feel secure and comfortable while staying completely in control. Moreover, the handlebar also adjusts to suit your height and assist with storage, and can also be offset to give you more space when working in awkward areas, such as mowing at the edges of lawns. Weight: 36.7kg
• Heavy-duty cast aluminium BioClip® cutting deck, offering an incredibly wide cut of 53cm and allowing you to recycle cuttings with efficient mulching functionality
• Mulching is both an environmentally-friendly method of grass disposal and also a great time-saver as it eliminates the need to collect and dispose of the cuttings
• Mechanically-assisted lever provides simple height of cut adjustment, offering a choice of five height settings between 27mm and 65mm
• Self-propelled drive system powered by an easy-starting 160cc GCV160 Honda engine, providing a forward speed of 4.8km/h
• Lightweight yet heavy-duty aluminium wheels, built with double ball bearings and fitted with replaceable high-grip rubber tyres for enhanced traction
• Low-vibration handlebar featuring special grip design for better comfort and control
• Handlebar adjusts to suit your height and folds away to facilitate storage, and can also be offset to make mowing in complicated areas a lot easier
|Power source:||Unleaded petrol|
|Cutting height:||27mm - 65mm|
About HusqvarnaBelieve it or not, Husqvarna did not start off by manufacturing any type of garden machinery at all. Instead they were established in 1689 as a weapons foundry supplying the Swedish Armed Forces. During the subsequent years, diverse and varied products have been produced, from sewing machines and cast iron kitchen equipment through to bicycles and motorbikes. It wasn't until 1959 that Husqvarna finally made its first chainsaws and engine-driven lawnmowers. The company's reputation for build quality and durability of product has never been in question. This is probably the reason for their line of professional petrol chainsaws being so popular with forestry workers across the globe.
Husqvarna are not afraid to innovate either, introducing the robotic, solar powered Automower® in 1995 and continually looking to improve their existing products by listening to their customers. Jumping onto the grass recycling bandwagon, they also manufacture some of the best mulching lawnmowers available, incorporating Bioclip® technology into the vast majority of their petrol lawn mowers. Be left in no doubt, if you buy any product from the Husqvarna garden machinery stable, you will be buying into Swedish quality that is built to last.
So why buy from Lawnmowers Direct?
Well firstly, we're pretty good at what we do. In fact, we'd class ourselves as experts. With more than 40 years experience supplying lawnmowers to both home users and professionals, we know what we're talking about. We pride ourselves on our high levels of customer service and we're happy to provide help and support throughout the process, from your initial decision making to after sales, servicing, repairs and spare parts. The service we're offering is a complete one, and unlike some other companies, we are specialists.
We know that not all our customers are looking for the same products, and that they come to us with different knowledge levels. We've built a Free Advice section to help you if you're not sure where to start looking, or you can use our search facility if you've more of an idea what you're looking for. If there's anything you can't find or you just need a little bit more help, feel free to Contact Us.
We hold an extensive stock between our two showrooms, and this means we can offer competitive pricing on everything we sell. If you've found the same product in stock for less on another website, we will try our best to match the offer.
All petrol machinery is checked before dispatch by our team of trained mechanics. While this means we can't always offer same day dispatch, it does mean you'll be getting a bit of kit which will definitely work. We know sometimes things go wrong, but we do our best to make sure they don't, and if you have any problems just get in touch with our customer service team who will be able to help fix it.
If you're not convinced, have a little look at our reviews.