Oregon 2.4Ah Li-ion Battery (B400E)
- Availability: Discontinued
- Estimated Dispatch: No longer available
- Manufacturer: Oregon
- Delivery Charge: Free To UK Mainland
A 36V/2.4Ah lithium-ion battery pack designed for use with the tools from Oregon’s cordless range, providing the same fantastic performance as petrol tools without the noise, fumes and hassle.
Out of stock
- Oregon C750 Rapid Li-Ion Battery ChargerThe C750 Rapid Battery Charger is compatible with all Oregon lithium-ion battery packs and reduces charge times by up to 75% compared to the standard charger unit, thereby minimising downtime and maximising productivity.
- Oregon 4.0Ah Li-ion Battery (B600E)A high-capacity 36V/4.0Ah lithium-ion battery pack designed for use with Oregon's cordless tool range, the B600E provides enough runtime for tackling commercial landscaping work without the noise, fumes and expenses of running a petrol machine.
- Oregon C600 Li-Ion Battery ChargerA hi-tech charger unit designed as part of Oregon's superb cordless tool range, the C600 Battery Charger is compatible with all Oregon lithium-ion battery packs and provides a safe, dependable method of charging.
Tough horticultural tasks have long necessitated the use of expensive, noisy, dirty petrol tools. This has been an unfortunate fact of life for amateur and professional gardeners alike, their complaints muffled by the roar of petrol engines and clouds of toxic exhaust fumes. But now the time of the battery is nigh, with tools such as those in Oregon’s cordless range providing a fantastic alternative to traditional petrol equipment.
The B400E 36V/2.4Ah lithium-ion battery pack from Oregon is designed for use with all Oregon cordless tools, including the CS250 chainsaw, ST250 and ST275 grass trimmers, HT250 hedgetrimmer and the PS250 pole pruner. This cross-compatibility means you can switch quickly between tools while you work.
Oregon’s advanced battery technology also means that you can enjoy the same portability and performance levels of a petrol tool without the noise or fumes that they produce. Oregon’s cordless equipment is therefore perfect for use in noise-sensitive and residential areas, while also better for the operator and the environment. In addition to this, the time and money saved on servicing and refuelling means that eventually the B400E battery pack and Oregon’s cordless tools will pay for themselves!
The B400E battery pack is designed with premium cell technology so that a charge level of 90% is maintained for up to six months in storage, ensuring that you can set straight to work whenever required. And since the B400E is also built to last, with impact-resistant casing and a lifetime of approximately 1,000 charge/discharge cycles with no loss of power, you can trust Oregon’s cordless tools to provide years of outstanding service (requires use of either the C600 Battery Charger or C750 Rapid Battery Charger).
- A 36V/2.4Ah lithium-ion battery pack designed for use with the tools from Oregon’s cordless range, providing a fantastic alternative to petrol equipment
- Premium cell technology ensures that battery lasts for up to 1,000 charge/discharge cycles with no loss of power
- Holds a charge level of around 90% for up to six months, ensuring that you can keep your battery-powered tools in storage and set straight to work whenever required
- Compatible with all Oregon Cordless tools, allowing you to use the same battery for multiple implements when switching between jobs
- Requires use of either Oregon’s C600 Battery Charger or C750 Rapid Battery Charger
About OregonYou perhaps wouldn’t have thought that the timber beetle, a creature whose larva buries deep into wood while it develops, would be an obvious candidate for having inspired a revolution in chainsaw technology, but the world is a surprising place sometimes. The logger and inventor Joseph Burford Cox was almost certainly surprised when, after several months of searching for a way to improve the chains used on early petrol powered chainsaws, he had an epiphany in the shape of the jaws of a grub.
The story goes that Joseph was chopping firewood one chilly autumn day in 1946 when he became distracted by the sight of a timber beetle larva, roughly the size of a man’s forefinger, easily chewing its way through the tough wood of a tree stump. It occurred to Joseph that the larva's alternating C-shaped jaws could be the solution for which he had been looking and set to work in the basement workshop of his home in Portland, Oregon, eventually emerging with a ground-breaking new saw chain. The basic design of Joseph Cox’s chain is still evident today in modern chipper type chains, which is impressive given that it was inspired by a creature often considered a pest.
Joseph didn’t stop there though, and he and his wife, Alice, founded The Oregon Saw Chain Co. in 1947. Over the decades that followed The Oregon Saw Chain Co. grew, grew and grew some more, eventually morphing from a small operation run out of the Cox household basement into a massive multinational corporation, especially under the guidance of John Gray, who purchased the company from Cox in 1953. The Oregon Co. is also notable for its pioneering research into reducing the hazards of bar-nose kickback during the 1960s and ‘70s. The technology developed by Oregon helped to vastly improve chainsaw safety and Oregon engineers were heavily involved in the years of work that finally, in 1985, resulted in the kickback-performance requirements found in the voluntary chain saw safety standard known as ANSI B175.1.
Today, the Oregon brand continues to be an industry leader in more than a hundred countries around the world. With over sixty years of experience in the business and a continuing dedication to safety, ease of use and innovation, the company is now well known across the globe for the reliability and quality of its products. As such, it’s fair to say that the Oregon Co. has come a long way since its beginning with a man out in the woods watching a bug chew wood.
So why buy from Lawnmowers Direct?
Well firstly, we're pretty good at what we do. In fact, we'd class ourselves as experts. With more than 40 years experience supplying lawnmowers to both home users and professionals, we know what we're talking about. We pride ourselves on our high levels of customer service and we're happy to provide help and support throughout the process, from your initial decision making to after sales, servicing, repairs and spare parts. The service we're offering is a complete one, and unlike some other companies, we are specialists.
We know that not all our customers are looking for the same products, and that they come to us with different knowledge levels. We've built a Free Advice section to help you if you're not sure where to start looking, or you can use our search facility if you've more of an idea what you're looking for. If there's anything you can't find or you just need a little bit more help, feel free to Contact Us.
We hold an extensive stock between our two showrooms, and this means we can offer competitive pricing on everything we sell. If you've found the same product in stock for less on another website, we will try our best to match the offer.
All petrol machinery is checked before dispatch by our team of trained mechanics. While this means we can't always offer same day dispatch, it does mean you'll be getting a bit of kit which will definitely work. We know sometimes things go wrong, but we do our best to make sure they don't, and if you have any problems just get in touch with our customer service team who will be able to help fix it.
If you're not convinced, have a little look at our reviews.