Shindaiwa 452S Petrol Chainsaw – 45cm Bar
- Availability: Currently Unavailable
- Estimated Dispatch: Production issue
- Manufacturer: Shindaiwa
- Delivery Charge: Free To UK Mainland
Shindaiwas 452S is a heavy duty chainsaw ideal for tough cutting work in agricultural and residential contexts, providing an outstanding combination of raw power, lightweight design and pleasing ease of operation.
Out of stock
- £34.95Lawnmaster Chainsaw Safety & Maintenance KitEverything you need to get started with your new chainsaw, including a protective Oregon safety helmet with a visor and noise-dampening ear muffs, file, gloves and chain lubricating oil.
- Husqvarna Chainsaw Safety Clothing Protective KitContains the basic protective equipment needed when using a chainsaw. Includes chaps with saw protection class 1 ( 20m/s), a helmet and a pair of gloves.
In a review for Horticulture Week, Shindaiwa’s 452S heavy duty chainsaw left a rather favourable impression upon the reviewers. Along with praise for the 452S’s low vibration levels, lightweight build, general toughness and ease of handling, the part of the review which stands out most is the succinct description of the 452S’s power; “Power is good – it’s raw”. And after all, what good is a heavy duty chainsaw without a little bit of “raw power”?
The impressive clout of which Horticulture Week’s reviewers speak so highly is delivered via a potent 45.2cc two-stroke petrol engine, built with a closed ported cylinder for guaranteed high performance. This power is channelled into the 452S’s cutting system, which consists of the imposing combination of a sturdy 45cm (18”) guide bar and 0.325” pitch saw chain. Together, these professional quality components work to make the 452S perfect for a wide variety of tasks, including storm cleanups, snedding, pruning tough tree branches, and even light forestry. Moreover, the inclusion of an aero-mechanically engineered saw dust control system helps to further guarantee great performance during the toughest cutting work.
Perhaps even more remarkable is that none of this power comes at the expense of comfort or convenience, as the 452S is built with a compact, lightweight (only 4.6kg) and ergonomic design which belies its outstanding cutting ability. The rear handle, for example, provides quick access to all controls and combines with the lightweight aluminium alloy front handle for exceptional control and manoeuvrability, with a smart inertia chain brake system (activated via the sturdy dual-post front hand guard) included for added safety. Start-up is similarly user friendly, with a clever Soft Start system, one-piece CDI ignition and a convenient integrated choke all helping to make getting the 452S up and running agreeably hassle-free. A generously sized 0.54 litre fuel tank, moreover, provides enough run time to ensure that you can work for extended periods without having to constantly stop and refuel.
Built to last (as you’d expect of a Shindaiwa machine), the 452S is also reassuringly durable and features a long list of high quality components (such as a die-cast crankcase, a chrome-plated cylinder, a forged crankshaft and connecting rod and a woodruff keyed flywheel) to help ensure a long and reliable service life. Ideal for both agricultural and heavy duty residential use, Shindaiwa’s 452S is also compatible with a variety of optional guide bars (including 33cm, 38cm and 40cm versions), and even comes with either a five year domestic warranty or a two year commercial warranty as standard.
*Make sure you are using your chainsaw safely and read our free advice article when you have a spare moment.
• Powered by an industrious 45.2cc two-stroke petrol engine, built with a closed ported cylinder for guaranteed high performance
• Also featuring a clever Soft Start system, one-piece CDI ignition and a convenient integrated choke to help ensure consistently hassle-free starting
• Fitted as standard with a sturdy 45cm (18”) guide bar and 0.325” pitch saw chain, with an aero-mechanically engineered saw dust control system also included
• Equipped with an effective inertia chain brake system for added safety, controlled via the sturdy dual-post front hand guard
• Compact design, low weight build (only 4.6kg without cutting gear and hand guard) and ergonomically designed front and rear handles ensure exceptional comfort and control
• Constructed with a die-cast crankcase, a chrome-plated cylinder, a forged crankshaft and connecting rod, and a woodruff keyed flywheel for an extended service life
• Also compatible with optional 33cm, 38cm and 40cm guide bars and supplied as standard with either a five year domestic warranty or a two year commercial warranty
|Power source:||Petrol/oil mix|
|Chain:||0.325” x .050”|
|Warranty:||5-year domestic/2-year commercial|
About ShindaiwaIn 1955 the ‘Shindaiwa Hurricane' hit the marketplace, an electric chainsaw that proved to be an instant success with the construction industry. Since this time numerous design awards have been bestowed upon the legendary Japanese manufacturer, including the ‘Good Design Award' in 1985. In fact, Shindaiwa claim to have invented the hand-held leaf blower market in that same year and have continued to produce some of the most respected professional outdoor power equipment in the world. Painstaking research is at the centre of all Shindaiwa products that are developed and tested by skilled engineers before being manufactured using the highest quality components available.
It is this attention to detail that gives the company the confidence to offer a 2-year commercial use guarantee on all of its products, happy in the knowledge that it will be a rare occasion when a Shindaiwa tool lets you down. In 2002 their first 4-cycle product, the T2500 petrol brush cutter, was developed and paved the way for the cleaner running and more environmentally friendly range of power tools of the future. There is no doubting that as customers' needs have changed, the Shindaiwa product line has moved with them.
So why buy from Lawnmowers Direct?
Well firstly, we're pretty good at what we do. In fact, we'd class ourselves as experts. With more than 40 years experience supplying lawnmowers to both home users and professionals, we know what we're talking about. We pride ourselves on our high levels of customer service and we're happy to provide help and support throughout the process, from your initial decision making to after sales, servicing, repairs and spare parts. The service we're offering is a complete one, and unlike some other companies, we are specialists.
We know that not all our customers are looking for the same products, and that they come to us with different knowledge levels. We've built a Free Advice section to help you if you're not sure where to start looking, or you can use our search facility if you've more of an idea what you're looking for. If there's anything you can't find or you just need a little bit more help, feel free to Contact Us.
We hold an extensive stock between our two showrooms, and this means we can offer competitive pricing on everything we sell. If you've found the same product in stock for less on another website, we will try our best to match the offer.
All petrol machinery is checked before dispatch by our team of trained mechanics. While this means we can't always offer same day dispatch, it does mean you'll be getting a bit of kit which will definitely work. We know sometimes things go wrong, but we do our best to make sure they don't, and if you have any problems just get in touch with our customer service team who will be able to help fix it.
If you're not convinced, have a little look at our reviews.