Shindaiwa EB8520RT Backpack Leaf Blower
- Availability: Available
- Estimated Dispatch: 4 - 6 working days
- Manufacturer: Shindaiwa
- Delivery Charge: Free To UK Mainland
A backpack mounted leaf blower designed for tackling heavy duty clearance work quickly and efficiently. Featuring a comfortable backpack harness for superb manoeuvrability, the EB8520RT is by a truly astounding 79.7cc two-stroke petrol engine.
- Husqvarna Hearing Protectors with HeadbandThese effective hearing protectors are designed for use without a hard hat and feature a lightweight, flexible padded headband. With a noise reduction rating of 25dB, they mitigate the effects of environmental noise and prevent hearing damage.
- Lawnmaster 2 Stroke Mixing BottleEssential for getting the correct ratio of oil and petrol mixture for your 2-stroke machinery - if you don't already have at least one of these in your shed, buy it now!
Traditionally the coming of a storm is presaged by rolling banks of dark cloud in the sky and the distant rumble of thunder, but with Shindaiwa’s EB8520RT backpack mounted leaf blower the only thing you’ll hear before unleashing your own miniature hurricane is the rather less ominous sound of its user-friendly recoil starter system. This might seem a little underwhelming by comparison, but there’s no denying that the control and convenience offered by this professional quality piece of kit is far more useful than any level of melodrama when it comes to clearing leaves, cuttings and other loose debris from lawns, driveways and paths.
The best place to begin when considering what it is that makes this impressive machine so effective is almost certainly its incredible 79.7cc two-stroke petrol engine. Built using innovative C4 Technology®, this superb engine combines the high power-to-weight ratio, high torque and great throttle response of a two-stroke engine with the reduced noise, emissions and fuel economy of a four-stroke engine. The EB8520RT thus offers a brilliant balance between user-friendliness and sheer power, with the inclusion of a high capacity 2.0 litre fuel tank meaning that you can work for longer without having to stop and refuel and thereby boosting productivity in the process.
With this beast of an engine at its heart the EB8520RT is capable of delivering a maximum airflow of up to 1206m3/h at a speed of 85.7m/s (it’s worth noting, perhaps, that wind speeds of just over 33.05m/s qualify a storm as a hurricane on the Beaufort scale, so the EB8520RT provides more than enough pushing power to deal with even the most challenging clearance work). Moreover, given this power you will definitely appreciate the ergonomic design of the EB8520RT’s comfortable backpack harness. Designed to distribute the machine’s weight evenly through your back and shoulders to prevent strain over extended periods of use, as well as to increase manoeuvrability on rough ground, the harness’ straps can also be quickly and easily adjusted to meet your particular needs.
Other handy ergonomic features on the EB8520RT include its pistol-grip throttle control handle, which incorporates a cruise control mode to ensure a steady air stream when taking on heavier workloads, along with a unique ‘Hush Mode’ which reduces sound levels to only 65dB(A) for low-noise operation in urban and residential areas. In order to help it withstand the rigors of daily professional use, moreover, the EB8520RT has also been built to be tough, with high quality components such as the chrome-plated engine cylinder offering dependably long lasting performance. For added peace of mind, however, every Shindaiwa power tool is also supplied with either a five year domestic warranty or a two year commercial warranty, so you can rest assured of many years of truly outstanding results.
Undecided on what to buy? Be sure to read our free advice article about choosing the best leaf blowers and vacuums for clearing-up in the garden.
• Driven by an impressively powerful 79.7cc two-stroke petrol engine which features C4 Technology® to boost performance while reducing noise, emissions and running costs
• Backpack frame and harness design offer superior operator comfort, and harness straps can be quickly and easily adapted to suit your particular requirements
• Fitted with a high capacity 2.0 litre fuel tank to increase run time between fuel stops, thereby boosting productivity when tackling heavy workloads
• Capable of producing a maximum airflow of up to 1206m3/h at a speed of 85.7m/s, thus providing more than enough power to tackle even the most challenging clearance work
• Pistol-grip throttle control handle features cruise control and adjustable angle to enable sustained ‘hands-off’ operation
• Also featuring a unique ‘Hush Mode’ which reduces sound levels to only 65dB(A) for low-noise operation in urban and residential areas
• Every Shindaiwa power tool is supplied with a five year domestic warranty or a two year commercial warranty, thereby ensuring complete satisfaction and pleasing dependability
|Power source:||Petrol/oil mixture|
|Fuel tank capacity:||2.0 litres|
|Maximum air volume:||20.1m³/min|
|Maximum air speed:||191mph|
|Warranty:||5 year domestic | 2 year commercial|
About ShindaiwaIn 1955 the ‘Shindaiwa Hurricane' hit the marketplace, an electric chainsaw that proved to be an instant success with the construction industry. Since this time numerous design awards have been bestowed upon the legendary Japanese manufacturer, including the ‘Good Design Award' in 1985. In fact, Shindaiwa claim to have invented the hand-held leaf blower market in that same year and have continued to produce some of the most respected professional outdoor power equipment in the world. Painstaking research is at the centre of all Shindaiwa products that are developed and tested by skilled engineers before being manufactured using the highest quality components available.
It is this attention to detail that gives the company the confidence to offer a 2-year commercial use guarantee on all of its products, happy in the knowledge that it will be a rare occasion when a Shindaiwa tool lets you down. In 2002 their first 4-cycle product, the T2500 petrol brush cutter, was developed and paved the way for the cleaner running and more environmentally friendly range of power tools of the future. There is no doubting that as customers' needs have changed, the Shindaiwa product line has moved with them.
So why buy from Lawnmowers Direct?
Well firstly, we're pretty good at what we do. In fact, we'd class ourselves as experts. With more than 40 years experience supplying lawnmowers to both home users and professionals, we know what we're talking about. We pride ourselves on our high levels of customer service and we're happy to provide help and support throughout the process, from your initial decision making to after sales, servicing, repairs and spare parts. The service we're offering is a complete one, and unlike some other companies, we are specialists.
We know that not all our customers are looking for the same products, and that they come to us with different knowledge levels. We've built a Free Advice section to help you if you're not sure where to start looking, or you can use our search facility if you've more of an idea what you're looking for. If there's anything you can't find or you just need a little bit more help, feel free to Contact Us.
We hold an extensive stock between our two showrooms, and this means we can offer competitive pricing on everything we sell. If you've found the same product in stock for less on another website, we will try our best to match the offer.
All petrol machinery is checked before dispatch by our team of trained mechanics. While this means we can't always offer same day dispatch, it does mean you'll be getting a bit of kit which will definitely work. We know sometimes things go wrong, but we do our best to make sure they don't, and if you have any problems just get in touch with our customer service team who will be able to help fix it.
If you're not convinced, have a little look at our reviews.