SnowEx Mini-Pro SP-575 Salt Spreader
- Availability: Special Order Item
- Estimated Dispatch: Please email email@example.com for dispatch estimate
- Manufacturer: SnowEx
- Delivery Charge: Free To UK Mainland
One of the most popular SnowEx spreaders over the years, the SP-575 remains a firm favourite with contractors for its simple, reliable, and efficient performance.
- SnowEx TBH-175 Tow Bar HitchAttaches to standard 50mm tow hitch mounts. When spreading duties are over, no need to disconnect the mount - just unhitch the spreader and the tow ball stays in place.
- SnowEx UTM-175 Utility MountFit a SnowEx utility spreader directly to the bed of your Kawasaki Mule, John Deere Gator, Kubota RTV etc with the UTM-175 mount.
- SnowEx FLM-175 Fork Lift MountWith their excellent manoeuvrability forklifts make ideal vehicles for salt spreading around distribution yards, when used with the FLM-175 mount.
- SnowEx TPM-175 Three Point MountThe TPM-175 3-Point Mount allows salt spreaders to be attached to the 3-point hitch of compact tractors.
- SnowEx DRM-175 Drop Utility MountFor use with utility vehicles - lowers mounting height of the SnowEx spreader to provide a lower distribution and loading height.
- SnowEx TLR-275 Trailer MountOpens up the SnowEx utility spreader range to ATVs and vehicles with a standard tow hitch. Simply mount the SP-100, SP-575, or SP-1575 utility spreaders to the TLR-275 and get spreading!
One of the many and various tasks necessitated by the onset of winter is ice and snow management, especially since slipping on icy ground is a major cause of accidents during this time of year. This can be done manually if you’re the sort of person who likes standing around in the cold shovelling grit and snow, but the more sensible of us will look to SnowEx’s impressive range of utility spreaders for a more effective solution. Ideal for councils, farmers, contractors and private estate owners, the SP-575 Mini-Pro utility spreader enables the quick and efficient clearance of ice and snow from larger areas without freezing your proverbials off in the process.
A high quality utility spreader designed for professional use, with the correct mounting (available separately) the SP-575 can be fitted to a range of standard commercial vehicles, from 4x4s and ATVs to tractors and forklift trucks, for a cost-effective winter risk management solution. Once attached to your vehicle you can load the 163 litre hopper with up to 208.7kg of bagged rock salt or calcium flakes for distribution, with a 25.4cm nylon/glass reinforced resin spinner and a 12V electric motor in a sealed drive unit providing a maximum spreading width of up to 12.2m. Spreading width and density can be easily adjusted on-the-go thanks to an in-cab variable speed controller and by changing the speed of your vehicle, with a higher spinner speed offering a wider spread.
The convenience of the in-cab control system shouldn’t be underestimated (and not just because you get to stay in the warm while you work). The ability to adjust the spreading width as you work means you can adapt performance according to the area you are working in (with a wider spread tackling open spaces such as car parks efficiently but a narrower spread allowing for greater precision when required), while a “blast” mode provides an instant power boost for greater coverage in particular areas. What’s more the SP-575 is also supplied with a top filter screen and lid as standard to help ensure optimal performance, while for added versatility it can also be customised for use with calcium chloride pellets and bagged ice melters with the simple addition of the GAK-020 Gate Assembly Kit (available separately).
Designed for long lasting performance, the SP-575 is also reassuringly durable and easy to maintain. It’s simplified design, for example, means that there are no pulleys, sprockets, chains or belts to break so service requirements are minimal, while the powder coated steel frame and corrosion-resistant polyethylene hopper are both superbly sturdy and corrosion-resistant. Along with a two-year manufacturer’s warranty supplied as standard, this means you can depend on SnowEx’s SP-575 to provide a long and reliable service life.
• A high quality utility spreader designed for professional use, fitting to a range of standard commercial vehicles for cost-effective winter risk management
• Supplied as standard with a large 163 litre capacity hopper capable of holding up to 208.7kg of bagged rock salt or calcium flakes for spreading
• Equipped with a 25.4cm nylon/glass reinforced resin spinner and a 12V electric motor in a sealed drive unit for maximum torque and a spreading width of up to 12.2m
• Also featuring a variable speed controller with finger-tip dial action, a digital system status display and a blast mode for short bursts at maximum power
• Powder coated steel frame and corrosion-resistant polyethylene hopper ensure durability, with a two-year manufacturer's guarantee offering added peace of mind
• Compatible mounts (available separately) include a tow bar hitch (TBH-175), a utility mount (UTM-175), a forklift mount (FLM-175), a three-point hitch (TPM-175), a drop utility mount (DRM-175) and a trailer mount (TLR-275)
|Spreading width:||1.5m - 12m|
|Spinner diameter :||254mm|
|Hopper capacity:||163 litres|
About SnowExA recognised brand for anyone involved in the snow and ice clearance industry, SnowEx have won a hard earned reputation for being one of the foremost manufacturers of vehicle mounted snow removal solutions. Their roots were not originally involved in the manufacturing industry however; they were a small snow removal company established in 1977 and were continually frustrated with the inferior equipment that manufacturers of the time were producing. Instead of taking the put-up-and-shut-up approach, SnowEx decided to modify these inferior products to suit their needs.
Not content with modification, they eventually manufactured their first product in 1993, a low profile salt spreader with a poly-constructed hopper - the first of its kind. To follow was another first - a swing-away mount for tailgate operated salt and ice-melt spreaders. The following years have seen continual development and manufacturing of new products from the company headquarters in Oaklands, Michigan. With a vision to be leaders in the industry, SnowEx show no signs of slowing down with innovations such as the Patented Auger Transmission System and Salt-Traxx Digital Job Tracker keeping them ahead of the competition in snow and ice management products.
So why buy from Lawnmowers Direct?
Well firstly, we're pretty good at what we do. In fact, we'd class ourselves as experts. With more than 40 years experience supplying lawnmowers to both home users and professionals, we know what we're talking about. We pride ourselves on our high levels of customer service and we're happy to provide help and support throughout the process, from your initial decision making to after sales, servicing, repairs and spare parts. The service we're offering is a complete one, and unlike some other companies, we are specialists.
We know that not all our customers are looking for the same products, and that they come to us with different knowledge levels. We've built a Free Advice section to help you if you're not sure where to start looking, or you can use our search facility if you've more of an idea what you're looking for. If there's anything you can't find or you just need a little bit more help, feel free to Contact Us.
We hold an extensive stock between our two showrooms, and this means we can offer competitive pricing on everything we sell. If you've found the same product in stock for less on another website, we will try our best to match the offer.
All petrol machinery is checked before dispatch by our team of trained mechanics. While this means we can't always offer same day dispatch, it does mean you'll be getting a bit of kit which will definitely work. We know sometimes things go wrong, but we do our best to make sure they don't, and if you have any problems just get in touch with our customer service team who will be able to help fix it.
If you're not convinced, have a little look at our reviews.