Toro 20897 Aluminium Deck Super Bagger Lawn Mower
- Availability: Available
- Estimated Dispatch: 4 - 6 working days
- Manufacturer: Toro
- Delivery Charge: Free To UK Mainland
The Toro 20897 Super Bagger Mower is equipped with a 53cm die-cast aluminium cutting deck and is ideal for gardeners with medium to large-sized lawns. Collect, recycle or eject your grass clippings with ease.
- £14.99Briggs & Stratton Oil Removal Pump | 992423The Briggs & Stratton Oil Removal Pump is used for the simple and safe removal of oil from all types of engines. This kit comes with a vacuum pump, 4 litre container with lids, hose with shut off clip and funnel.
- £6.99Lawnmaster Lawnmowers Direct 10W40 Oil – 1 LitreLawnmowers Direct 10W/40 is designed for use in all horticultural 4 stroke engines, both diesel and petrol where an oil of this quality is required.
- £13.99Hayter 108-0954-03 Genuine Replacement Blade21inch / 53cm Hayter blade to fit the Hayter mower models 448 & 449.
- £6.99Honda Fuel Stabiliser 250ml 08CXZFSC250Honda fuel stabiliser specifically designed for Honda engines will help preserve all fuel properties during long term storage. This product is recommended for all engines running occasionally or for long term storage.
- £12.99Honda Service Kit – 06211-ZL8-010This service kit is designed specifically for the Honda GC/GCV 135-160 series of lawnmower engines.
The Toro 20897 Super Bagger Mower offers exceptional grass collection performance and a highly convenient, user-friendly approach to mowing. Ideal for gardeners with medium to large-sized lawns, this mower features a corrosion-resistant 53cm die-cast aluminium cutting deck, 3-in-1 versatility when it comes to grass disposal, and excellent additional features such as the blade brake clutch.
The 20897 allows you to dispose of your grass cuttings in three different ways, with recycling, side discharge and rear collection functions available. The recycling option turns your grass clippings into a fine mulch, returning them to the soil where they will break down and act as a natural fertilizer, promoting the growth of lush green grass. The clippings are cut and re-cut many times over so that they are very small and break down quickly, ensuring your lawn stays looking neat at the same time. The side discharge function meanwhile is useful when the grass is longer and proving trickier to cut, ejecting the clippings back out of the cutting deck and preventing the blade from getting clogged up with grass. Finally, this mower’s most impressive feature is the grass collection function. Thanks to a large rear discharge opening and a generous 65 litre capacity grassbag, collection performance is impressively enhanced. An innovative inter-lock switch also eliminates the need for a rear flap, and makes it easier and faster to remove the grassbag for emptying.
Flexibility is also offered with regard to the height of cut. This can be adjusted with levers on the wheels, and ranges between 30mm and 108mm, ensuring that the mower is equipped to deal efficiently with a wide variety of grass conditions. Furthermore, on the highest height setting you can use this mower as a leaf shredder and collector.
The 20897 also features a variable speed AutoMatic Drive System. This self-propulsion system ensures that the mower does not require much effort to push, while also matching your step and pace, speeding up and slowing down along with you and allowing you to work at precisely the speed you are comfortable with. Propulsion is provided by a fuel-efficient and quiet-running 160cc GCV OHV engine from the renowned engineers at Honda. Starting the engine meanwhile is made very simple by the recoil handle, located within easy reach on the handlebar.
Toro also offer convenience, safety and comfort with their other thoughtful design features. The blade brake clutch, for example, is a great feature which allows you to stop the cutting blade but keep the engine running. This is ideal for when you need to stop and empty the grassbag, or travel over non-grass areas, such as a gravel driveway. The Operator Presence Control lever meanwhile lets you stop the engine instantly when released, proving to be a useful safety feature which gives you complete control over the mower at all times. Furthermore, the handlebar itself is height-adjustable, allowing you to find the most comfortable mowing position for your height. Finally, for hassle-free storage and transportation, you can either fold up the handlebar over the mower, or the handlebar can be changed to an upright position with the grassbag stored on it, saving on space and allowing the bag to dry effectively.
• Equipped with a robust 53cm die-cast aluminium cutting deck, perfect for gardeners with medium to large-sized lawns
• 3-in-1 versatility: rear collection, side discharge and recycling functions
• Enhanced grass collection performance thanks to a large rear discharge opening
• Featuring a variable speed AutoMatic Drive System, matching your movements and reducing the effort required to push, with propulsion provided by a quiet-running and fuel-efficient 160cc Honda GCV OHV engine
• Also featuring an adjustable height of cut: heights range from 30mm to 108mm an are selected by levers on the wheels (using the highest height setting allows you to shred and collect leaves also)
• Equipped with a large 65 litre capacity grassbag, ensuring less time is spent emptying the cuttings; an innovative inter-lock switch also makes it faster and easier to remove and empty the bag
• Featuring a blade brake clutch, allowing you to stop the blade but keep the engine running, and proving very handy when you need to empty the grassbag or travel over different terrain
• Safety provided by the Operator Presence Control lever, letting you stop the engine and blade immediately
• User comfort ensured by the height-adjustable handlebar
• The handlebar also folds and can be placed into an upright position, with the grassbag resting on it, to allow easy transportation and compact storage
|Engine/motor:||Honda® GCV 160 Engine|
|Power source:||Unleaded petrol|
|Cutting system:||Metal Blade|
|Cutting height:||25mm -102mm|
|Drive system:||Self Propelled|
About ToroToro are without doubt one of the world’s leading turf care machinery manufacturers, providing both the homeowner and professional user with a range of equipment designed to cater for every eventuality. The company was founded in 1914, not with the intention to create the Toro lawn mowers we know today, but with the singular purpose of providing The Bull Tractor Company with a reliable source of engines. They did this to great effect until the beginning of WW1, when their attentions were turned to providing steering winches for merchant shipping during this time. By 1920, a move into the turf care industry was imminent when five cylinder mower units were attached to a Toro tractor in order to maintain the fairways at The Minikahda Club in Minneapolis. By 1928 a portfolio of industry leading machines had been produced and it was time for Toro to branch out into International territories.
The year of 1938 saw the first production of the Homelawn — the first of the domestic Toro lawn mowers — yet by 1942 all domestic manufacturing of Toro lawn mowers was halted in an effort to build tank, canon and anti-aircraft equipment for the U.S. army during WW2. Expansion follows the disruption of the war years for the next few decades, when Toro expand into new markets with industry firsts, including the snow-throwing Snow Hound in 1952. Further development of the all important turf care equipment saw Toro form a partnership with America’s Super Bowl organisers in 1966 before it moved back into the agricultural scene with industry leading irrigation equipment. The turn of the millennium sees The Toro Company going from strength to strength, continuing to develop Toro lawn mowers and groundbreaking solutions to turf maintenance for professional and domestic customers, whilst at the same time investing time and money back into community projects, resulting in being named Jefferson Award 2012 winner.
So why buy from Lawnmowers Direct?
Well firstly, we're pretty good at what we do. In fact, we'd class ourselves as experts. With more than 40 years experience supplying lawnmowers to both home users and professionals, we know what we're talking about. We pride ourselves on our high levels of customer service and we're happy to provide help and support throughout the process, from your initial decision making to after sales, servicing, repairs and spare parts. The service we're offering is a complete one, and unlike some other companies, we are specialists.
We know that not all our customers are looking for the same products, and that they come to us with different knowledge levels. We've built a Free Advice section to help you if you're not sure where to start looking, or you can use our search facility if you've more of an idea what you're looking for. If there's anything you can't find or you just need a little bit more help, feel free to Contact Us.
We hold an extensive stock between our two showrooms, and this means we can offer competitive pricing on everything we sell. If you've found the same product in stock for less on another website, we will try our best to match the offer.
All petrol machinery is checked before dispatch by our team of trained mechanics. While this means we can't always offer same day dispatch, it does mean you'll be getting a bit of kit which will definitely work. We know sometimes things go wrong, but we do our best to make sure they don't, and if you have any problems just get in touch with our customer service team who will be able to help fix it.
If you're not convinced, have a little look at our reviews.