Toro 20899 Aluminium Deck Super Bagger Lawn Mower
- Availability: Available
- Estimated Dispatch: 4 - 6 working days
- Manufacturer: Toro
- Delivery Charge: Free To UK Mainland
The Toro 20899 Super Bagger Mower is perfect for gardeners with medium to large-sized lawns. This mower provides three ways to dispose of your grass cuttings with rear collection, side discharge and recycling functions.
- £14.99Briggs & Stratton Oil Removal Pump | 992423The Briggs & Stratton Oil Removal Pump is used for the simple and safe removal of oil from all types of engines. This kit comes with a vacuum pump, 4 litre container with lids, hose with shut off clip and funnel.
- £6.99Lawnmaster Lawnmowers Direct 10W40 Oil – 1 LitreLawnmowers Direct 10W/40 is designed for use in all horticultural 4 stroke engines, both diesel and petrol where an oil of this quality is required.
- £6.99Honda Fuel Stabiliser 250ml 08CXZFSC250Honda fuel stabiliser specifically designed for Honda engines will help preserve all fuel properties during long term storage. This product is recommended for all engines running occasionally or for long term storage.
- £12.99Honda Service Kit – 06211-ZL8-010This service kit is designed specifically for the Honda GC/GCV 135-160 series of lawnmower engines.
Ideal for tackling medium to large-sized lawns, the Toro 20899 Super Bagger Mower features a wide 53cm die-cast aluminium cutting deck and offers 3-in-1 versatility when it comes to grass disposal. Excellent grass collecting performance is guaranteed thanks to Toro’s design specifications, and the cutting deck is highly robust, making it resistant to corrosion and ensuring a long and efficient working life.
This mower provides three ways to dispose of your grass cuttings: rear collection, side discharge and the recycling function. Grass collection is made highly efficient by the size of the rear discharge opening, and the blade accelerator, which increases airflow within the cutting deck. You also won’t need to empty the grassbag too often thanks to its large 65 litre capacity, allowing you to get on with mowing in a more time-efficient way. The side discharge option meanwhile is handy for when the grass is particularly long and thick, ejecting the clippings back out of the deck and preventing the blade from getting clogged up, keeping everything moving. Finally, the recycling function allows you to turn the grass clippings into a fine mulch, returning the grass to the soil where it will break down and provide the nutrients essential for the growth of a healthy green lawn.
Versatility is also offered with regard to the height of cut. This can be adjusted with levers located on the wheels, and allows the selection of heights ranging between 30mm and 108mm, thus ensuring that the 20899 is adequately prepared for tackling a variety of grass conditions. Additionally, if you raise the mower’s height to its top setting it can be employed as a leaf shredder and collector too.
Pushing the 20899 is made easy meanwhile by the mower’s variable speed AutoMatic Drive System, this clever feature allowing the mower to match your speed of movement. Propulsion is provided by a 160cc GCV OHV engine from the renowned manufacturers at Honda, promising fuel-efficient and quiet operation, while starting the engine is made simple by the recoil handle, located within easy reach three quarters of the way up the handlebar.
Toro also provide safety, comfort and convenience with their other design features. The Operator Presence Control lever for example allows you to instantly stop the engine at any time, and is placed near the handlebar for a quick release. The handlebar itself meanwhile is height-adjustable, ensuring you find the most comfortable mowing position and avoid straining your back. It also folds in two ways for easy storage and transportation, with either the handlebar folded over the mower, or with the handlebar in an upright position. The grassbag meanwhile can be stored on the handlebar, taking up less space and allowing the grassbag to dry effectively. Weight: 36kg
• Featuring a 53cm die-cast aluminium cutting deck, ideal for tackling medium to large-sized lawns; deck is also resistant to corrosion for a long working life
• 3-in-1 versatility: side discharge, rear collection and recycling functions (with leaf shredding/collection also possible if the mower is raised to its highest height setting)
• Excellent grass collecting performance thanks to a large rear discharge opening and a blade accelerator. Large 65 litre capacity grassbag meanwhile means fewer stops to empty it.
• Featuring an AutoMatic Drive System, matching your pace as you speed up and slow down. Power is provided by a quiet and fuel-efficient 160cc GCV OHV engine from Honda.
• Offering an adjustable height of cut, with heights between 30mm and 108mm selected by levers on the mower’s wheels
• Also featuring Operator Presence Control for added safety, allowing you to stop the engine immediately by releasing a lever beside the handlebar
• Highly adjustable handlebar makes for both comfortable operation and quick and convenient storage: handlebar is height-adjustable, can be folded over the mower, and also stored in an upright position
|Engine/motor:||Honda® GCV 160 Engine|
|Power source:||Unleaded petrol|
|Cutting system:||Metal Blade|
|Cutting height:||25mm -102mm|
|Drive system:||Self Propelled|
About ToroToro are without doubt one of the world’s leading turf care machinery manufacturers, providing both the homeowner and professional user with a range of equipment designed to cater for every eventuality. The company was founded in 1914, not with the intention to create the Toro lawn mowers we know today, but with the singular purpose of providing The Bull Tractor Company with a reliable source of engines. They did this to great effect until the beginning of WW1, when their attentions were turned to providing steering winches for merchant shipping during this time. By 1920, a move into the turf care industry was imminent when five cylinder mower units were attached to a Toro tractor in order to maintain the fairways at The Minikahda Club in Minneapolis. By 1928 a portfolio of industry leading machines had been produced and it was time for Toro to branch out into International territories.
The year of 1938 saw the first production of the Homelawn — the first of the domestic Toro lawn mowers — yet by 1942 all domestic manufacturing of Toro lawn mowers was halted in an effort to build tank, canon and anti-aircraft equipment for the U.S. army during WW2. Expansion follows the disruption of the war years for the next few decades, when Toro expand into new markets with industry firsts, including the snow-throwing Snow Hound in 1952. Further development of the all important turf care equipment saw Toro form a partnership with America’s Super Bowl organisers in 1966 before it moved back into the agricultural scene with industry leading irrigation equipment. The turn of the millennium sees The Toro Company going from strength to strength, continuing to develop Toro lawn mowers and groundbreaking solutions to turf maintenance for professional and domestic customers, whilst at the same time investing time and money back into community projects, resulting in being named Jefferson Award 2012 winner.
So why buy from Lawnmowers Direct?
Well firstly, we're pretty good at what we do. In fact, we'd class ourselves as experts. With more than 40 years experience supplying lawnmowers to both home users and professionals, we know what we're talking about. We pride ourselves on our high levels of customer service and we're happy to provide help and support throughout the process, from your initial decision making to after sales, servicing, repairs and spare parts. The service we're offering is a complete one, and unlike some other companies, we are specialists.
We know that not all our customers are looking for the same products, and that they come to us with different knowledge levels. We've built a Free Advice section to help you if you're not sure where to start looking, or you can use our search facility if you've more of an idea what you're looking for. If there's anything you can't find or you just need a little bit more help, feel free to Contact Us.
We hold an extensive stock between our two showrooms, and this means we can offer competitive pricing on everything we sell. If you've found the same product in stock for less on another website, we will try our best to match the offer.
All petrol machinery is checked before dispatch by our team of trained mechanics. While this means we can't always offer same day dispatch, it does mean you'll be getting a bit of kit which will definitely work. We know sometimes things go wrong, but we do our best to make sure they don't, and if you have any problems just get in touch with our customer service team who will be able to help fix it.
If you're not convinced, have a little look at our reviews.