Toro 22293 Aluminium Deck Heavy Duty Petrol Mower
- Availability: Available
- Estimated Dispatch: 4 - 6 working days
- Manufacturer: Toro
- Delivery Charge: Free To UK Mainland
Toro’s 22293 ProLine Heavy Duty Mower is designed for professionals. Equipped with a robust 53cm deck, the extra features further improve performance, guaranteeing comfort, safety and convenience at all times.
- £14.99Briggs & Stratton Oil Removal Pump | 992423The Briggs & Stratton Oil Removal Pump is used for the simple and safe removal of oil from all types of engines. This kit comes with a vacuum pump, 4 litre container with lids, hose with shut off clip and funnel.
- £4.25Lawnmaster Lawnmowers Direct SAE 30 Oil – 600mlFor use in diesel and petrol engines in horticultural equipment where an oil to API SF/CC quality is required.
- £6.99Briggs & Stratton 992381 Fuel Fit Additive 250ml250ml genuine fuel additive for 2 and 4 stroke engines.
Toro’s 22293 ProLine Heavy Duty Mower is a machine designed to withstand the demanding conditions faced by professional gardeners and landscapers. Featuring a robust 6mm thick 53cm die-cast aluminium cutting deck and a commercial grade engine, this mower is ideal for tackling medium to large-sized areas of turf. It also comes equipped with several additional features to improve performance and cater to your every need, such as the blade brake clutch, long range fuel tank and variable speed propulsion system.
The 22293 offers a choice of options when it comes to grass disposal, featuring collection and recycling capabilities. For the collection function, this mower is equipped with a generously sized 77 litre capacity grassbag, ensuring that you won’t need to stop and empty it too often. The recycling option meanwhile involves the grass being cut and re-cut many times before being redistributed on the ground, breaking down to provide vital nutrients and moisture for the grass roots and encouraging the growth of a healthy green lawn.
Versatility is also offered with regard to the height of cut. This can be adjusted by the use of levers on the wheels, with heights ranging between 25mm and 114mm, preparing the mower for a wide variety of cutting conditions. Leaf shredding and collecting meanwhile is also possible if you use the mower on its top height setting.
The 22293’s variable speed propulsion system is powered by a strong and reliable 179cc Kawasaki 4-cycle FJ180 engine, allowing you to work at the speed you are most comfortable with, while starting the engine is made very simple by the recoil handle located within easy reach of the handlebar. This mower also comes fitted with an engine guard, protecting the engine from any debris on the lawn, while steel cable guards provide additional protection for the cables. The wheels meanwhile roll very easily and lightly on the turf thanks to their size and width, while their smooth-running ball bearings make for excellent manoeuvrability. Furthermore, this mower features a long range fuel tank with a 3.8 litre capacity, saving time on re-fuelling and allowing you to mow for longer periods of time; it also comes with a replaceable oil filter.
Thanks to its additional design features, the 22293 also offers safety, convenience and comfort to its operator. The Operator Presence Control lever, for example, is an excellent safety feature which allows you to stop the engine at any time, placed within easy reach by the handlebar. The blade brake clutch meanwhile does the opposite and stops the blade, allowing the engine to continue running only; this is particularly useful when you need to cross different terrain, for example a gravel driveway, or if you need to stop and empty the grassbag. Finally, the height-adjustable handlebar allows you to find the mowing position which is most comfortable for you.
• Equipped with a 53cm die-cast aluminium cutting deck, 6mm thick to withstand tough conditions, and ideal for use in medium to large-sized areas of grass
• Two means of grass disposal: rear collection and recycling functions
• Equipped with a generously sized 77 litre capacity grassbag, ensuring less time is spent stopping and emptying the grass clippings
• Variable speed propulsion system, powered by a strong and reliable 179cc Kawasaki 4-cycle FJ180 commercial engine
• Excellent manoeuvrability and easy movement ensured by the large wheels, fitted with smooth-running ball bearings
• Offering an adjustable height of cut, with heights between 25mm and 114mm selected by levers on the mower’s wheels (the mower also functions as a leaf shredder/collector if deployed on its top height setting)
• Blade brake clutch allows you to keep the engine running but stop the cutting blade (especially useful when traversing different terrain or stopping to empty the grassbag)
• Also featuring Operator Presence Control for added safety, allowing you to stop the engine immediately by releasing a lever beside the handlebar
• Fitted with engine and cable guards to protect the working parts
• Longer periods of work and time saved on refuelling by the 3.8 litre capacity long range fuel tank
• Comfortable use ensured by the height-adjustable handlebar
|Engine/motor:||Kawasaki®, 4-cycle, 179cc, FJ180|
|Power source:||Unleaded petrol|
|Deck material:||Die Cast Aluminium|
|Cutting system:||Metal Blade|
|Cutting height:||25mm -114mm|
|Drive system:||Self Propelled 2.0 to 4.2 mph|
|Warranty:||2-Year Warranty for Consumer/1-Year Limited Warranty Commercial|
About ToroToro are without doubt one of the world’s leading turf care machinery manufacturers, providing both the homeowner and professional user with a range of equipment designed to cater for every eventuality. The company was founded in 1914, not with the intention to create the Toro lawn mowers we know today, but with the singular purpose of providing The Bull Tractor Company with a reliable source of engines. They did this to great effect until the beginning of WW1, when their attentions were turned to providing steering winches for merchant shipping during this time. By 1920, a move into the turf care industry was imminent when five cylinder mower units were attached to a Toro tractor in order to maintain the fairways at The Minikahda Club in Minneapolis. By 1928 a portfolio of industry leading machines had been produced and it was time for Toro to branch out into International territories.
The year of 1938 saw the first production of the Homelawn — the first of the domestic Toro lawn mowers — yet by 1942 all domestic manufacturing of Toro lawn mowers was halted in an effort to build tank, canon and anti-aircraft equipment for the U.S. army during WW2. Expansion follows the disruption of the war years for the next few decades, when Toro expand into new markets with industry firsts, including the snow-throwing Snow Hound in 1952. Further development of the all important turf care equipment saw Toro form a partnership with America’s Super Bowl organisers in 1966 before it moved back into the agricultural scene with industry leading irrigation equipment. The turn of the millennium sees The Toro Company going from strength to strength, continuing to develop Toro lawn mowers and groundbreaking solutions to turf maintenance for professional and domestic customers, whilst at the same time investing time and money back into community projects, resulting in being named Jefferson Award 2012 winner.
So why buy from Lawnmowers Direct?
Well firstly, we're pretty good at what we do. In fact, we'd class ourselves as experts. With more than 40 years experience supplying lawnmowers to both home users and professionals, we know what we're talking about. We pride ourselves on our high levels of customer service and we're happy to provide help and support throughout the process, from your initial decision making to after sales, servicing, repairs and spare parts. The service we're offering is a complete one, and unlike some other companies, we are specialists.
We know that not all our customers are looking for the same products, and that they come to us with different knowledge levels. We've built a Free Advice section to help you if you're not sure where to start looking, or you can use our search facility if you've more of an idea what you're looking for. If there's anything you can't find or you just need a little bit more help, feel free to Contact Us.
We hold an extensive stock between our two showrooms, and this means we can offer competitive pricing on everything we sell. If you've found the same product in stock for less on another website, we will try our best to match the offer.
All petrol machinery is checked before dispatch by our team of trained mechanics. While this means we can't always offer same day dispatch, it does mean you'll be getting a bit of kit which will definitely work. We know sometimes things go wrong, but we do our best to make sure they don't, and if you have any problems just get in touch with our customer service team who will be able to help fix it.
If you're not convinced, have a little look at our reviews.